Kelly Bensimon headed to Washington D.C. to promote her new book “I Can Make You Hot”.
The former Real Housewives of New York City star held a book signing at A BAR at Avenue Suites on Pennsylvania Avenue. Showing their support of Kelly’s venture – Real Housewives of DC stars Lynda Erkiletian and Mary Amons
We’ve shared a few pieces of advice from Kelly’s book below.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON FOR MORE PHOTOS AND TIPS FROM KELLY’S BOOK!
Some of the highlights from Kelly’s new book:
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night
Four Foods to Avoid at the Super Market:
- Most commercial cereals—too much sugar
- Most soups—too much sodium
- Packaged breads and rolls, except for pitas
- Chips, except for kale chips and pita chips
- Exercise every day for at least 20 minutes. No excuses.
- Make healthy food choices and eat well six days a week.
- Make Sunday your Funday and eat whatever you want. If you’ve been making good choices and moving your body the other six days, you get to “fall off the wagon” once a week.
- Soy Milk
- Goji Berries
- Grapeseed Oil
- Whole Grains
Kelly’s Tips for Feeling Full Faster:
- Drink warm liquid at the beginning of a meal (try miso soup)
- Eat a salad before a meal
- Eat water-rich fruits like watermelon, pineapple and apples
- Drink water throughout the day, not all at once
- After dinner, drink a glass of water with squeezed lemon or lime or a slice of cucumber to aid digestion.
[Photo Credits: Daniel Swartz & photo of patio at A BAR by Ira Wexler]