Topics

Author Archive

Orange County Housewives

The recession has affected most households in this country and even The Real Housewives of Orange County are not exempt.

This season has chronicled the housewives’ financial struggles whether small or major. Gretchen Rossi had a garage sale, Jeana Keough went shopping with her daughter at H&M, Tamra Barney is now doing her own housework, and coming up soon will be the eviction of Lynne Curtin. Off camera, Slade Smiley’s financial difficulty is also common knowledge since the publication of a report showing he owes over $80,000 in back child support.

All of the above is a drastic turn from what we’re used to seeing from the OC Housewives. Long gone are the days of buying yatches, diamond rolexes and harleys. A new article from the Huffington Post details the financial woes of the housewives. “All of them have been very much affected by the economic situation,” explains the show’s executive producer, Douglas Ross.

Ross discusses the upcoming episode that will show Lynne’s family being evicted. “We try to treat it as gently but as honestly as we can,” Ross says. “We happened to have been there with our cameras … as part of our normal schedule when they were served the eviction notice. It’s one of those great reality TV moments that happened to be caught because we were in the right place at the right time.”

And though money can be a sensitive issue, the OC housewives don’t seem to mind sharing their struggles with millions of viewers. “It helps people across the nation because they realize it’s not just them,” says Jeana. “I’m pretty open. … There’s not too much I’ll hide. It was difficult for my husband … but the world’s in this place right now and I think people are going to relate to it,” adds Tamra.

Though the housewives get paid to appear on the show, Jeana says the amount (rumored to be $100,000 per housewife) is not enough to support a family. “It’s so minimal. It’s not enough to make your house payments. It’s more like a location fee to keep your house clean.”

Vicky Gunvalson is however one of the luckier housewives as her insurance business is booming more than ever. “When I first started (on the show), I was working out of the house with two employees and now I have a huge office with 10 employees, 700 agents out in the field,” says Vicki, who plans to retire comfortably at age 55. Interestingly, the HuffingtonPost article quotes Vicki as saying she is 42 years old, which is false as she is 47.

Despite her very public eviction, Lynne says things are looking up for she and her family as she predicts they will be able to build a house next year. “My husband is a builder in Southern California. It’s not like he doesn’t try. He’s not sitting at home watching TV. He is going out and making an effort. … I’ve been married for 20 years. … We’ve had the high life we’ve had the low life. It’s just reality.”

ABC The Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka

The 14th season of The Bachelor premieres on January 4 at 8 PM on ABC, and ABC has now released the photos of the 25 bachelorettes vying for the love of Jake Pavelka.

The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love will begin with the 31-year-old commercial pilot from Dallas, TX arriving at the same Malibu mansion where he first met Jillian Harris, who rejected him during The Bachelorette’s fifth season earlier this year. As we reported earlier, Jillian and fiance, Ed Swiderski, will be on hand to assist Jake in picking the right women on the premier episode.

In a new interview with USA Today, Jake promises a very dramatic and rocky season. “I can tell you from the get-go, it is a very rocky and dramatic season,” said Jake. “Some of the things that happened on the show, drama-wise, floored me.”

The question on everyone’s mind is did he find love? But did he find love? “I don’t want to ruin the ending,” he says. But adds, “I stayed true to myself from the very beginning. I went in and said very honestly, if I find love I’ll come out engaged. I didn’t promise a ring at the end of this and stayed true to myself. I didn’t necessarily do what everybody wanted me to.”

Jake, 31, reveals that picking the right woman was a bit tougher than he anticipated, “Half way through the entire journey, I still had no idea whatsoever. It was cast so well for my temperament. I had a lot of romance. My heart went out to multiple women.”

Interestingly, missing from the cast is Brittney Gammel. Brittney is the 25-year-old Learjet pilot from Franklin, TN, who had been cast to be on the show. That is until she prematurely revealed back in October that Jake had been chosen to be the new Bachelor. The problem was ABC had yet to formally make the announcement and was planning to do so 2 weeks later during a DWTS episode.

Tell Us – Are You Excited To Watch The New Season of The Bachelor?

PHOTOS & BRIEF BIOS OF THE 25 BACHELORETTES IS BELOW –

The Bachelor 14 Alexa McallisterAlexa Mcallister, a 25-year-old entrepreneur from Galloway, OH

 

The Bachelor 14 Ali FedotowskyAli Fedotowsky, a 25-year-old advertising account manager from Williamstown, MA

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS & BIOS

The Biggest Loser Cast - Season 9

Danny Cahill became the latest person to win The Biggest Loser, when he dropped 239 lbs. in 7 months. NBC has now introduced the latest cast to participate is the couples edition of the series.

This new season, set to premier on January 5, is the heaviest cast ever with one of the contestants weighing an astonishing 526 lbs. The 526 lbs man is Michael Ventrella, a 30-year-old DJ from Chicago, who will be participating with his mother, Maria Ventrella, a 51-year-old corporate travel agent.

“I would do anything for Michael,” mom Maria, weighing in at 281 lbs., told PEOPLE. “At first I didn’t think I could do it because I have too many responsibilities at home. I have a husband who is disabled, my mom in a wheelchair, a full-time job, home cleaning — it’s a lot. But then he needed it so bad and so I am here, and I need it for myself, too!”

NBC is already starting to feel the heat as many are criticizing them for having such an obese man as a cast member. Critics believe the extent of activity the cast has to go through might be dangerous for some of the more obese cast members. “I’m waiting for the first person to have a heart attack,” said Dr. Charles Burant, a professor of internal medicine at the University of Michigan telling the NY Times in a recent article. “I have had some patients who want to do the same thing, and I counsel them against it,” Dr. Burant said. “I think the show is so exploitative. They are taking poor people who have severe weight problems whose real focus is trying to win the quarter-million dollars.”

The show is set to return January 5th on NBC as the contestants will be competing for the grand prize of $250,000 or $100,000 at-home prize. Host Alison Sweeney and trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels are all set to return to The Biggest Loser: Couples.

The Biggest Loser 9 Cast Photos and Bios Below –

The Biggest Loser 9 - Cheryl George and Daris GeorgeMom Cheryl George a 50-year-old store-owner and son, Daris George, 25, a salesman, from Ardmore, Oklahoma.

 

The Biggest Loser 9 James Crutchfield and John CrutchfieldOrlando, Fla., identical twins James and John Crutchfield, 30, weighed in at a combined 969 lbs. “I’m glad I’m here,” says James, “because my only other alternative is surgery.”

MORE OF THE CAST PHOTOS AND BIOS IS BELOW

jon_kate_gosselin

The end is finally near for the marriage of Kate & Jon Gosselin, as an arbitrator dealing with the Jon & Kate Plus 8 couple has rendered a decision regarding how Jon, 32, and Kate, 34, should divide their money and other property.

Though the recommendation and its details will remain confidential, a  source reveals to RadarOnline that Kate is “thrilled” with the settlement.  The source continues, “She couldn’t be happier.”  It seems Jon wasn’t too happy with the decision, as he reacted by taking to the fence near the family’s home in Pennsylvania  to shoot a few rounds from his gun.

The decision is  however binding and will be transmitted to divorce court. Kate’s lawyer, Mark Momjian, believes the divorce finalization will happen sometime between now and the end of the year.

In other news, Jon’s problems continue to mount as he is scheduled to appear in court today to defend himself against a former attorney who is suing him for non-payment.  According to Radar, Jon has already arrived for his morning court appearance.

jon-gosselin-290

It seems Jon Gosselin is starting to feel the consequences of his douchebagary ways, as a new FoxNews report reveals the Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad is in serious financial trouble.

According to the report, Jon is broke due to TLC being granted a preliminary injunction that forced Jon to stop making public appearances. This has apparently been a major blow to Jon, as he can no longer earn money from staging paparazzi photos and giving out paid interviews.

“Jon’s in pretty serious financial trouble because his plan for making money was shut down in court,” the insider said. “He has warned his lawyers that he can’t pay them and if he doesn’t succeed against TLC, he will have no funds. He’s even gone so far as to say that if they want to be paid, they will have to sue him.”

Those lawyers include father/son team – Mark and Mike Heller, who were introduced to Jon by Michael Lohan. Taking any form of advice from the troubled Lohan is of course always a great idea. The source tells Fox News, “Lohan wanted to latch onto Jon and involved many people he knew. He convinced them Jon was going to have a successful career after the show.”

In October, a judge ordered Jon to return $180,000 of the $230,000 he withdrew from the joint account he shares with his estranged wife Kate Gosselin, which violated an arbitrator’s previous order that they not withdraw any funds without the other’s approval. Kate claimed back then that Jon’s withdrawal left her with no money to pay the bills.

Jon might have also led his lawyers to believe he had more money than he actually did. Jon’s bills are said to be stacking up as he now has no job, and is not making any effort to get a job. “It’s a good thing Kate Gosselin has been put in charge of the family funds that provide for the couple’s eight children,” the insider says. “She is the responsible parent.”

This is likely just the beginning of financial troubles for Jon, as TLC lawsuit against him is scheduled to go to trial in April, 2010. Until then, the preliminary injunction granted against him will continue to stand.

melissa-rycroft-wedding-photo

Melissa Rycroft may have been jilted by The Bachelor’s Jason Mesnick, but she has now found her happily ever after with new husband, Tye Strickland.

Melissa opens up in the latest issue of InTouchWeekly about her wedding details and Tye. The former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant and GMA correspondent married Tye, a Dallas-based insurance executive, on Saturday, Dec. 12 in a romantic ceremony in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Invited were over 200 friends and family. It was their second ceremony as the first took place in the U.S. to make sure their union was legal.

Melissa tells InTouch magazine she was “fine” until ‘Here Comes the Bride’ started playing. “I think everything hit me at once. My dad started to walk down the aisle, and I just stopped him. I grabbed his arm, and I was like, ‘Hold on,’ and I started crying. And I saw Tye, and bless his heart, he had these big tears in his eyes, too. It was very emotional,” Melissa explains.

Tye was also taken back, saying: “When I saw her, I just lost my breath – like I was in a football game and had the wind knocked out of me … I’ve never felt that way in my whole life, and I just couldn’t help it. She was the most gorgeous bride I’ve ever seen in my life, and it was amazing. It was absolutely perfect.”

You can read more about the wedding in the latest issue of InTouch Magazine.

MORE PHOTOS OF THE COUPLE’S WEDDING BELOW –

Frank the Entertainer… In a Basement Affair does not premier on VH1 till January 3 at 8/7c, but VH1 has released the Supertrailer video preview above.

As the preview shows, Franks’s mother Susan Maresca will play a big part in the series. Will Frank Maresca aka Frank The Entertainer, 31, finally find the woman of his dreams and move out of his parents basement? Only time will tell!

UPDATE – Some photos of contestant Jenny Jones is below, we couldn’t find the nude ones but a few below are on the raunchy side -

jennifer-a-basement-affairJenny from Frank the Entertainer – A Basement Affair

 

jennifer-jones-a-basement-affairJennifer from Frank the Entertainer – A Basement Affair

 

jennifer-frank-in-a-basement-affairJenny from Frank the Entertainer – A Basement Affair

bethenny_frankel_nude_petab

The Real Housewives of New York City’s star Bethenny Frankel has gotten nude for PETA’s latest ad campaign. Bethenny, 39, was actually pregnant when the picture was taken, “It’s so tasteful and beautifully done,” she told The New York Post. “I am especially pleased because it doesn’t look like there’s been any airbrushing and I was already pregnant when I shot it.”

Evidently Bethenny, who is now three months pregnant and happily engaged to Jason Hoppy, used to be a fur wearer. She explains why she had a change of heart, “I used to wear fur. I went to a cocktail party, walked outside on Fifth Avenue, and a PETA protestor was holding up a skinned animal. I looked at it, and it made me sick. I felt disgusting. That day was a huge change, and since then I’ve really been against fur. I’m cleaning out my closets–trim, everything. I don’t see any reason for cruelty,” says Bethenny.

NYC locals might be able to catch a glimpse of Bethenny’s new billboard, as it was unveiled at noon today at 1674 Broadway (near the southeast corner of 53rd street) in Times Square.

A FULL SHOT OF BETHENNY’S NUDE PETA AD CAN BE SEEN BELOW –

Page 541 of 642« First...539540541542543...Last »

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio