Bethenny is being replaced by socialite Sonja Morgan, who is a friend of Countess LuAnn De Lesseps a source tells US.
Bethenny, the author of the New York Times bestseller Naturally Thin, was confirmed by Bravo earlier this week to be getting her own show. Her new Bravo reality series will follow her as she attempts to balance her career and love life.
An insider tells Life&Style magazine that Sonja will likely make her appearance around episode five of the new season. “It’s not pretty between Bethenny and the other cast members in the episodes that they’ve already taped.” the insider adds. “I think the show is going to explode this season!”
Gawker is also reporting that Sonja is the wife of John Morgan, a great-grandson of J. Pierpont Morgan of J.P. Morgan. The couple has one daughter.
UPDATE: A spokesperson from Bravo says Bethenny is going to be on the entire third season of the show according to Gawker. When asked if Morgan was joining the third season, the spokesperson said, that “we haven’t released any details for season three.”
Police confirmed Friday night that Kandi’s ex-fiance A.J. Jewell was killed at an Atlanta night club, reports MyFoxAtlanta.
Police said Jewell died after a fight at the Body Tap club on Marietta Boulevard. AJ suffered a severe head injury during the fight and was taken to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died.
There are currently no suspects in custody.
Kandi updated her Twitter status with the following 3 hours ago -
“I could never n a million years imagine this happening. please pray for AJ’s children. that’s who im the most concerned 4. Im just in one of those moods where i dont wanna talk, i dont wanna b held & told its gonna b ok. i just wanna cry myself 2 sleep, alone.”
Our deepest condolences go out to Kandi and AJ’s family.
UPDATE – Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Fredrick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley “A.J.” Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.
FormerHillsstar, Lauren Conrad has moved on to bigger and better things. Lauren is now working on a movie deal for her debut book L.A. Candy, whichhas been on the New York Times bestseller list for the past 14 weeks, since its release in June.
Similar to Lauren’s life, L.A Candy follows a 19-year-old girl, Jane Roberts who relocates to Hollywood and becomes a famous reality star.
“Lauren, who became an icon in that reality show world, came to us with a structure of how to tell the story in an interesting fashion that was separate and apart from the book,” Temple Hill producer Marty Bowensaid. “We loved her take. Her book is an honest portrayal of what it must be like to set out to be normal, then sign on to become famous and eventually realize, wow, this isn’t at all what I’d planned for myself.”
According to PEOPLE, Lauren has no plans to act in the movie. She also plans to write two more books in the series and will serve as the movie’s executive producer.
The couple, currently living together in Ed’s one bedroom Chicago condo, both admit it took a lot of effort to get to this next step in their relationship. Who can forget two of Ed’s former girlfriends coming forward last August to reveal that Ed had continued relationships with both of them during his time on The Bachelorette, and even after he became engaged to Jillian.
Ed is willing to admit some wrongdoing on his part but still claims those very believable reports of his cheating were exaggerated. “I was a bachelor in every sense of the word,” Ed admits. “I am not an angel, but things were exaggerated.”
Jillian continues to maintain Ed did nothing wrong — “It would be more naïve of me to trust [these women] than to trust the person I’m going to bed with every single night and have spoken to every single night,” says Jillian.
You can read more about this story in the current issue of PEOPLE.
ESSENCE.COM: Since you stopped by the ESSENCE office in August, how have you been keeping busy?
LISA WU HARTWELL: Believe it or not, I’ve been speaking at churches and colleges. It all started at Pastor Jamal Bryant’s church for his empowerment seminar. I was invited to speak, and when I did I backed everything up with scripture. A lot of people were shocked that I knew the Word, but that’s a side of me folks don’t get to see on the show and that’s my spiritual side. I was saved when I was 19 and very into the church. After I spoke there were other bishops there and they invited me to come speak at their churches. It’s funny how everything comes back full circle.
ESSENCE.COM: Who knew? Would you describe yourself as an overzealous Christian?
HARTWELL: Yes, I was a fanatic. If I was in someone’s car and hip-hop was playing I would turn their music off, or I refused to be around certain people, which was wrong because those are usually the ones that need to hear the Word the most. My brothers used to hate to see me coming and called me a holy roller. I was really into church, but I started to backslide a bit, but I’ve always had morals and integrity. Now, I don’t claim to be holier and thou because I’ve learned to find the balance. It’s just funny how God has a sense of humor and makes sure to always bring you back to him without you even realizing it, so I’ve been enjoying speaking at churches.
During the duo’s explosive appearance, Jon Gosselin‘s lawyer promised to kill theJon & Kate Plus 8 TLC reality show. Heller claimed TLC terminated Jon’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 contract because Jon was planning to go on the show and announce he was ending the program by no longer appearing on it and by refusing to allow his children to participate.
Heller said he considered the termination of the Gosselin reality show “a done deal,” stating that the TLC contract was “null’ and claimed that TLC bamboozled Jon and his family into signing the contract when they had no legal representation of their own.
Jon went on to claim he had an “epiphany” one day that the show was harmful for his children and that he wants filming to cease immediately. Though he has said numerous times in the past that his kids were fine with filming, and that they loved the crew.
Jon insisted that it was his right as a a parent to decide if the show is right for his family. He also claimed that it wasn’t about money or about him being dropped from the title of the show.
When asked by King how much he made from the series last year, Jon replied $1 million before taxes, $500,000 after.
Kate Gosselin is speaking out on the latest actions of her estranged husband, Jon Gosselin. Kate slams Jon in a new statement, saying her priorities lie with her children while Jon is more concerned about himself.
Kate reveals that Jon had never voiced any complaints to her about his concern for their children’s welfare. She goes on to say Jon was still taping with the kids just 6 days ago, before TLC decided to change the name of their hit show to Kate Plus 8.
TLC has suspended production of the show due to Jon’s actions and threats.
Her full statement is below -
“I’m saddened and confused by Jon’s public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids. I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn’t otherwise have.
Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon’s priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being.”
The Bachelor fans no longer have to wait for ABC’s official announcement on October 13th as multiple sources are now confirming Jake Pavelka to be the next Bachelor!
Brittany Gammell, a Tenessee native — who says she’s been cast to be on the upcoming season of The Bachelor– tells Musiccitytv.com that indeed, Jake the Pilot is the new Bachelor.
“He’s pretty cute. I’ve seen he was on The Bachelorette. I’m not worried about that part,” said the 25-year-old Brittany, who adds that the taping of the show will begin Oct. 12 in L.A.
RealitySteve also believes Jake’s the new Bachelor, saying Kiptyn Locke was not a contender due to his non interest, leaving the final choice between Jake and Reid Rosenthal. He reveals that all signs point to Jake being the chosen one.
It’s a bit surprising to see Jake chosen as the new Bachelor, as I thought Reid was the favorite to win. ABC chose not to comment on this report, but one can’t help but wonder whether or not there will be any penalties levied against Brittany for revealing this information, if she is indeed a contestant. What she did is a huge no no, and she basically ruined ABC’s big surprise reveal on Dancing With The Stars’Oct. 13th episode.
Tell Us: Are You Happy With Jake as The New Bachelor?