Topics

Jon & Kate Plus 8

jon-gosselin-4-240

Just a couple of weeks ago, Jon Gosselin suddenly decided to pull his kids from Jon and Kate Plus 8, claiming TLC exploited and manipulated his family.

However the lawsuit TLC filed against Jon on Friday tells a different story.  In the suit filed, TLC alleges that Jon only decided to remove his kids after producers refused to give into his attorney’s demand to let him out of his exclusivity contract.

People reports that TLC attempted to resolve the issues with Jon but was unsuccessful. This led to TLC later announcing that the show would now focus on Kate as a single mother, re-launching it as Kate Plus 8.

RadarOnline also reveals more details about TLC’s lawsuit.  TLC alleges Jon was receiving money for most his media appearances and every amount he received will come out in the suit. These paydays are in violation of his contract with the network, which has a clearly defined exclusivity clause.

Jon’s contract with TLC is valid until February 2010, even though the show is no longer filming. Jon also violated his contract by publicly bashing the network, and breaking the morals clause in his contract.

Jon’s Lawyer, Mark Heller, has called the allegations “weak, feeble and baseless” . In addition, he says the contract violated Jon’s First Amendment rights. “Discovery and TLC has treated Jon Gosselin like a dog by attempting to keep him on a leash and muzzle him and deny the father of eight an opportunity to earn a livelihood to support his family.”

jon-gosselin-290

A story about Jon Gosselin allegedly hacking into Kate‘s email accounts and admitting to taking $155,000 out of their joint account was about to be published this morning until news broke that TLC has decided to sue Jon for breach of contract. The moral of this story is the Gosselin drama is never ending.

According to the HuffingtonPost, the TLC network filed a lawsuit Friday in Maryland against Jon for breaching his contract as star of the reality show “Jon & Kate Plus 8.”

The lawsuit alleges that Jon hasn’t met the obligations of his contract as an exclusive employee, has appeared on other programs for pay and made unauthorized disclosures about the show. RadarOnline reports TLC has hired Williams & Connolly, one of the best law firms in the country.

In other news, Jon finally admitted to taking $155,000 out of the joint account he shares with Kate, and has now promised to return it. Perhaps because he is now required to due to a Judge’s order on Tuesday. Jon had previously denied taking this amount of money, and even went as far as to call Kate’s story “A total fabrication.” He previously said, “I withdrew $22,000 last Thursday. I have the paper trail to prove it.”

Finally, Jon’s former nanny and ex-lover, Stephanie Santoro has come out accusing Jon of hacking into Kate’s personal accounts. Stephanie claims Jon bragged about this and threatened to use the information he found against Kate.

Kate is reportedly considering legal action against Jon. Her law firm released the following statement below

“Kate Gosselin has heard the allegations made by Stephanie Santoro that Jon Gosselin ‘hacked’ into her e-mails, phone, and online accounts, and she is profoundly disturbed by them,” her law firm, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis, said in a statement Thursday. “Under the circumstances, Ms. Gosselin is carefully considering all of her legal options regarding this matter, and she will pursue them if and when the time is right.”

jonandkatepluseight_family

This may come as relief to some viewers who seem to have had enough of the Gosselin drama. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality show will officially end in November, reports RadarOnline.

Since Jon and Kate Gosselin’s divorce has turned into a soap opera and they both seem to love the spotlight, we can bet you haven’t seen the end of them. Although TLC hasn’t made any official announcements, RadarOnline was able to confirm the show’s termination next month.

Jon has denied the network the rights to film the children and TLC will not challenge that. As of now, the newly titled show — Kate Plus 8 is also done for, that is unless Jon changes his mind.

“TLC has no plans to film unless the situation is resolved,” said the source.

There’s something sentimental about seeing the old picture above of the Gosselin family. Fame is an awful drug. Perhaps getting off national television will be best for the family.

Tell Us – What Are Your Thoughts On The Show Ending?

gosselin-court

Kate Gosselin comes out victorious in a new court ruling.  The Judge overseeing the Gosselin’s divorce case has now ordered Jon Gosselin to return $180,000 to the couple’s joint account.

The $180,000 is part of the the $230,000 Kate accused Jon of taking from their shared account, which was in violation of an arbitrator’s previous order.

“The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date,” Kate’s lawyer, Mark Momjian says in a statement on Tuesday.

“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues,” Kate adds.

Jon has until October 26 to pony up the cash or face potential contempt charges.

This is all the more interesting considering Jon had previously lied denied taking out the $230,000 amount Kate accused him of taking.

jon & kate gosselin

Jon & Kate Gosselin made their widely anticipated appearance in a Pennsylvania courthouse this morning to battle over allegations that Jon withdrew $230,000 from the couple’s shared banking account.

Jon had also filed court papers of his own against Kate — claiming she withdrew over $60,000 from their joint account this year without permission … and that there’s over $1 million that hasn’t been properly accounted for.

According to TMZ, the judge failed to make a ruling today, instead ordering the estranged couple to settle up and work it out with the arbitrator. The judge declared he will go along with anything the arbitrator decides under one condition — it has to be in the best interests of the children.

The judge also said any monies taken improperly from the joint account should be returned, but he didn’t get specific. He also suggested Jon and Kate keep things “private” and “amicable” from here on out. Highly doubt that will be happening anytime soon.

The couple is due back in court on Oct. 26th.

tlc-gosselin

A few days after Kate Gosselin claimed estranged husband Jon Gosselin raided their joint account, Jon has filed court papers claiming Kate did the same.

Jon is claiming Kate withdrew over $60,000 from their joint account between July and September 2009.  In addition, he also wants an explanation for over $1 million Kate withdrew from February 2008 to June 2009 which according to Jon,  have not been properly accounted for.

Jon is also admitting he took money out of the couple Jon’s account in the court papers filed, he however does not reveal the amount he took. The papers released by his lawyer state, “husband admits that he has taken funds from the joint money market account, Husband avers that wife has removed funds from the account as well.”

According to TMZ, Kate sources close to Kate are adamant that her withdrawals were legal and note that Jon withdrew $230,000 without the necessary permission required by the arbitrator. Both sides will be in court on Tuesday.

jon-kate-gosselin-290

Another day, another chapter. Kate Gosselin has filed paperwork asking for child support and temporary spousal support in response to Jon Gosselin taking $230,000 from the couple’s joint bank account, says Mark Momjian, one of her divorce attorneys.

Sources reveal that the petition was filed in court sometime last week — around the same time Jon, 32, tried to halt production on their newly titled TLC show, Kate Plus 8, claiming the show is hurting his kids.

“She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator’s decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes,” says Momjian, adding that the money issues between the Gosselins are being hammered out by a court-appointed arbitrator per an agreement on both sides. An arbitrator’s conference is scheduled for Tuesday, according to Momjian.

Jon’s divorce attorney, Mark Heller, has yet to comment on Kate’s request.

Jon-kate-gosselin

The latest in the soap opera known as the Gosselins is news that the couple kept their cool for their twins’ birthday party.

Jon Gosselin had threatened the party would turn into WWIII if Kate refused to let him stay. Then there was some more drama involving both parents getting separate cakes for the twins.

“We kept it cordial for the kids,” Jon told Usmagazine outside the party Thursday evening. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad picked up the kids from the bus stop after school earlier in the day, and said he planned to stay “awhile” but not overnight.

Jon however managed to roll his eyes when asked how things were going with Kate, saying things were “fine.”

The Birthdaygate drama began when Jon accused Kate of trying to change their joint-custody arrangement so that he could only be present at their home from 4 to 6 p.m during the party.

“I won’t allow that,” he told ET.  “She’s basically saying it would be too stressful to the kids to have both of us here, like we originally planned.”

So that’s it for Birthdaygate, that is until something new develops before the end of the day of course. But seriously, will someone tell these two, especially Jon, that Mady & Cara are now 9 years of age, and might perhaps have access to the Internet and tabloids, where they can unfortunately read about their parents bickering daily about nothing.

Page 23 of 33« First...2122232425...Last »

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio