Topics

Real Housewives of Miami

Remember Real Housewives Of Miami? Of course you do – it was that show that wasn’t actually a Housewives show, but got put on the air when Andy Cohen realized when the fourth season of Real Housewives Of New York City wasn’t doing well, it was better to just put some new, unknown show on the air. While ratings for the season weren’t great and internet interest was not very high, the live reunion caused a stir and ended up reviving the show from the dead.

Currently, the cast is filming in Miami a second season and making a public spectacle of themselves. Having dropped basketball wives Cristy Rice and Larsa Pippen, the show has added model and Dancing With The Stars vet, Joanna Krupa, who lives in the area with her husband, club owner Romain Zago. In an interesting twist of fate, Romain, apparently, once refused to even entertain the idea of Jersey Shore filming in his precious nightclub, Mynt, when the producers for that show were scouting possible Miami locations.

It looks like Romain got over his attitude about reality shows infecting the air of his club; last week the Housewives crew was spotted not only filming there, but they caught Joanna and Romain in the middle of some drama.

An insider reveals to the Miami Herald that Joanna got into a tiff with the DJ spinning that night; “While miked last night, Joanna Krupa stood in front of the DJ’s booth, flipping him birds and cursing him out. Apparently the DJ had a rough break-up last year with Joanna’s sister. Romain ripped off his mic and stormed outside to try to cool off.”

However, don’t get your hopes up. Joanna may have been putting on an act for her new Bravo paycheck. The source also says there was some staging at Roman’s club behind the scenes, revealing “Apparently, they had a ‘staged’ employee meeting so that all can see how big a happy family they all are. Everybody who works there was of course rolling their eyes over the hypocrisy. Apparently even the silent investors made it in, which they never do, [but did it] just for the ruse.”

If the staging rumor is true, let’s hope everyone involved in this show has gotten some acting lessons.

Further confirming that Joanna is indeed a part of the cast, Marysol Patton is pictured above with her alongside her sister Marta Krupa on March 2 during the Opening Night Gala for the World Premiere of “Mariachi Gringo” in Miami.

[Photo Credit: Johns PkI / Splash News]

TELL US — ARE YOU EXCITED TO SEE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MIAMI’S SECOND SEASON?

As we reported last week, the Real Housewives of Miami season 2 has been given the green light by Bravo!

The network made the somewhat surprising announcement last week that it planned to revamp the show for a sophomore season despite the low ratings and lackluster reviews.

In a press release, Bravo announced season 1 housewives Marysol Patton, Lea Black, and Adriana de Moura would be returning, meaning Alexia Echevarria, alongside Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice, would not.

Larsa and Cristy’s exit from the show was not much of a surprise as Adriana confirmed their departures last November. Alexia’s absence from the press release was however a shocker.

But today, Alexia is revealing she will in fact be returning to the series… but with a smaller role aka she’ll no longer be an official housewife. And just as we speculated, Alexia confirms the reason is indeed to due to the serious injuries her teen son Frankie Rosello suffered in an automobile accident last summer.

CLICK HERE TO MEET THE TWO NEW MIAMI HOUSEWIVES!

“It was a parent’s worst nightmare to get that phone call,’’ says Alexia to the Miami Herald, about the accident that occurred last August, when her 14-year-old son Frankie was riding in the passenger seat of a car driven by a friend from school. On that rainy day, the car spun out of control, into oncoming traffic. Frankie ended up in ICU with a serious head injury and various broken bones, including a crushed pelvis. He was the only one who got hurt.

Alexia shares that Frankie’s recovery won’t be a part of the show because it’s such a “personal matter.’’ But when filming on the new season begins in a couple of weeks (production is set to begin this month), Alexis will likely be filmed talking to her castmates about the accident.

The good news is that Frankie, who continues to undergo therapy five days a week. continues to make a ‘miraculous progress.’  Alexia shares, “He’s eating, he’s walking, he’s happy, he’s not on medication. The doctors are amazed. Speech is the most pressing issue at the moment.” In fact, just moments ago, Alexia tweeted a photo, posted below, of Frankie in therapy. Best wishes to Frankie!

As for Larsa and Cristy, they have yet to comment on being off the new season.

I must say, while I get Alexia doesn’t want to exploit Frankie for the show, I don’t see what’s so awful about putting your son’s recovery on a reality show as this seems more like a positive story to me. Thankfully, things seem to be going well for Frankie, who according to her is making good progress. But then again, perhaps this is Frankie’s decision to not want to put his struggles on the show, in which case, is very understandable. Alexis was my favorite housewife from the Miami franchise so it’s nice to know she’ll be returning even if it’s for a smaller role.

No word yet on when Bravo plans to air the new season. A report also came out last week that Bravo has cast model Joanna Krupa and Lisa Hochstein to join the cast!

[Photo Credit: Johnny Louis/WENN.com]

TELL US – IS ALEXIA MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION IN NOT PUTTING HER SON’S RECOVERY ON THE SHOW? WILL YOU MISS HER BEING AN OFFICIAL HOUSEWIFE?

CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE FRANKIE’S PHOTO -

UPDATE – Bravo just confirmed the news via a press release. The press release also stated season one housewives Marysol Patton, Lea Black, and Audriana de Moura will be returning! Meaning Alexia Echevarria, alongside Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice, will not be on the new season.

No word yet on why Alexia is out – perhaps it has to do with her 13-year-old son Frankie who suffered a very serious car accident last summer that left him hospitalized for months. Alexia had previously stated she did not wish to have Frankie’s recovery and rehabilitation filmed for the series. Bravo also confirmed production on the new season is set to begin this month.

The original story is below -

According to a new report, the Bravo network is gearing up to officially announce that the Real Housewives of Miami has been renewed for a second season!

This news is not much of a surprise as cast member Adriana De Moura pretty much confirmed it last November. The Hollywood Reporter states that Bravo is also cleaning house behind the scenes, as the network has called in the big guns–production company Purveyors of Pop–to produce the new season.

Purveyors of Pop is the same company behind Bravo’s more successful Atlanta, New Jersey, and New York Housewives franchises, as well as Bethenny Ever After.

THR also confirms what Adriana stated, which is that not all of the season 1 cast members will be coming back. While THR doesn’t confirm who will be getting the boot, Adriana has revealed both Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice will not be returning.

Indeed, a new report by the Miami Herald today states Bravo has already cast replacements for Larsa and Cristy! And one of those new housewives is reportedly model Joanna Krupa!

That name should ring a bell as Joanna, 32, appeared on the 9th season of ABC’s Dancing With The Stars. As for Joanna’s link to Miami, she is engaged to Mynt nightclub owner Romain Zago.

The second addition to the cast is said to be Lisa Hochstein, wife of plastic surgeon Dr. Lenny Hochstein of the short-lived Bravo version of Nip/Tuck called Miami Slice. Photos of Joanna and Lisa are below!

Bravo is said to be currently doing a test shoot with the new cast members. “They’re filming with these new women to see if it makes it more watchable, which compared to the first season, shouldn’t be that hard,” reveals a TV insider. Ouch! As for Bravo, they are not confirming the news simply stating: “No decision has been made on The Real Housewives of Miami.”

The Herald also adds that Mama Elsa Patton played a big role in Bravo’s decision to give Miami another chance. The first season of the series was not only lackluster, but it also tanked in ratings, too. Just how bad did the Miami housewives do, you ask? Let’s just say the now canceled Real Housewives of DC had better ratings!

I do wonder if this franchise can be salvaged – perhaps Bravo might want to consider adding more than two new housewives. Or better yet, I’m still waiting on my dream franchise aka The Real Housewives of Dallas… Sigh.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE TWO NEW ADDITIONS? DO YOU THINK THE SECOND SEASON WILL BE BETTER THAN THE FIRST? WHAT IS YOUR DREAM HOUSEWIVES CITY?

CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON FOR MORE PHOTOS OF JOANNA & LISA!


From her short foray into reality television on Real Housewives of Miami, everyone remembers two things about Larsa Pippen: 1) her snooty attitude and 2) that her husband, Scottie Pippen was supposedly broke!

After Scottie was listed in a CNBC.com article titled “15 Athletes Gone Bankrupt,” it seems several other media sources started repeating that the retired NBA star was broke! Dismissing the story wasn’t helped by the rumor that the Pippens were unable to sell their Miami home, featured on RHOM.

Well, Scottie is taking issues with media outlets reporting the so-called false claims of his bankruptcy and insisting he is actually worth no less than $40 million! The Chicago Sun Times is reporting that on Tuesday, Scottie filed a $9 million dollar federal lawsuit against several online media outlets, including: CNBC.com, CBSports, Arizona State University, Comcast Corp. and General Electric Co.

According to TMZ, Scottie’s suit claims he “never filed for bankruptcy and indeed has a substantial net worth, which has not been less than approximately $40 million in the last 10 years.” He is furious over shoddy reporting suggesting otherwise! “It is a most foul libel indeed to be falsely accused of being bankrupt,” the suit states.

Scottie believes these false stories were damaging to his reputation and he is seeking retribution for “negligence, false light and defamation.” Scottie’s suit alleges that each media outlet that “besmirched” his name should pay him $1 million in damages. Wow — that should pay for a lot of nannies!

[Photo Credit: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com]

IS SCOTTIE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST MEDIA OUTLETS FOR FALSE REPORTING? DO YOU THINK HE IS BROKE?


Like it or not, there will be a second season of the Real Housewives of Miami!

Even better, Adriana De Moura confirms season two is set to begin filming in a few weeks, but not without a big shake up!

In an interview with the Miami Herald, Adriana reveals season 1 cast members Larsa Pippen and Cristy Rice will NOT be returning. “Larsa and Cristy are out,’’ states Adriana. “Producers didn’t want this to go in a Basketball Wives direction. We’ll portray Miami the way it should be portrayed.’’ Ouch!

So who will be the new housewives taking their places? Adriana has no idea though she assures us almost everyone in Miami is vying to be on the show.

“It’s so funny, when we aired, everyone said, ‘Oh that show is so bad. I don’t even watch it,’ she says. “But when they were casting, all of a sudden — I’m not going to mention names — but now half of Miami wants to be in it.’’

MARYSOL PATTON EXPLAINS WHY THE FIRST SEASON FLOPPED!

Adriana once again defends her show and the lackluster first season. She explains the first season didn’t work because Bravo never meant for the series to become a Real Housewives franchise. Indeed, the show was originally intended to be a Miami Social knockoff, but became a Housewives franchise during the editing process.

“That’s why we had shorter episodes and all that foolishness,’’ says the optimistic Adriana. “Now we’re hoping to beat Beverly Hills!’’ Umm let’s not get ahead of ourselves now Adrie!

With filming set to begin in about six weeks, Adriana states she alongside Marysol Patton (Yay for Mama Elsa!), Alexia Echevarria and Lea Black will be returning.

Larsa’s departure is not much of a surprise as she reportedly moved back to Chicago with her husband Scottie Pippen and their family earlier this year.

TELL US: SURPRISED BRAVO’S BRINGING THE SHOW BACK? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CAST SHAKE UP? WILL YOU WATCH SEASON 2?

Following months of speculation, it has now been confirmed that the Real Housewives of Miami will be returning for a second season!

Housewife Alexia Echevarria confirmed the news via her twitter page! “Dear Followers, Yes, #RHOM2 is coming back but there is going to be some BIG changes and that’s all I can say…… so Stay tuned!” tweeted Alexia.

As of the moment, there is no word yet on the casting changes we can expect though the general consensus seems to be that Larsa Pippen will not be returning. The reason? Well for starters, she is no longer residing in Miami since moving to Chicago with her husband and family.

At the end of the day, it’s safe to assume most fans of the show will be okay with any of the housewives getting the axe as long as Mama Elsa Patton returns! Let’s face it, Elsa was THE star of the show.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE RHOM SEASON 2? EXCITED? DO YOU THINK THE SHOW CAN BE SAVED?

Real Housewives of Miami fans can breathe a sigh of relief today as it does not appear the show will suffer the same fate as the DC Housewives.

According to a new report by the Miami Herald, the show will likely return for a sophomore season. However it appears the Bravo network is looking to replace some of the cast members… rightfully so if I might add.

An insider reveals that Bravo has axed the show’s original producers and casting agents and is now using its own staff. In addition to that, Bravo producers are also reported to be in town this weekend to re-interview the original cast.

“Not everyone from the original cast will be back,” says the inside source. As for Bravo, they refuse to confirm or deny the story with a rep for the network stating, “We haven’t made any announcements regarding a second season.”

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE MIAMI HOUSEWIVES’ LIKELY RETURN? WHO SHOULD BRAVO KEEP OR AXE?

Following the lackluster season one of the Real Housewives of Miami, the show’s resident train-wreck break out star Adriana De Moura had some choice words for the Real Housewives of NYC.

When E! News caught up with Adriana over the weekend, she made it clear she is not a fan of the latest season of the NYC Housewives. The reason? Because it is Bethenny-less.

Bethenny Frankel was my favorite,” said Adriana to E! at the Billboard Latin Music Awards. “I don’t think it’s the same without her. I think it’s a bunch of matronly women trying to look hot,” added the pot.

The topic then turned back to her own franchise and whether or not a second season is underway, or whether the show would be getting the axe a la the Real Housewives of DC.

“We can’t officially say it yet, but I’m pretty sure…I’m pretty confident…,” said Adriana with a smile about the possibility of a second season. She also added that she signed a six-year contract with NBC (NBC Universal owns Bravo). Oddly enough, some of the DC Housewives were also confident their show would be returning and well, we all know how that turned out.

It will definitely be interesting to see what Bravo decides to do with the Miami ladies. We’re thinking a cast overhaul might help breathe some needed new life into the otherwise stale series.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON ADRIANA’S COMMENTS? DOES THE RHONY SUCK WITHOUT BETHENNY? SHOULD BRAVO BRING BACK THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MIAMI? WHAT CHANGES WOULD YOU MAKE TO THE RHOM CAST?

Page 28 of 32« First...2627282930...Last »

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio