The Bachelor’s producer Mike Fleiss is partnering up with FOX network to create an all new dating show for plus sized women. The show will be titled “More To Love.” “For six years it’s been skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors, and that’s not what the dating world looks like,” Fox president of alternative Mike Darnell said. “Why don’t real women — the women who watch these shows, for the most part — have a chance to find love too?”
The show will have a similar format to “Bachelor,” where a group of woman compete for one man (producers describe him as a “Kevin James-type”). Fleiss had previously teamed up with FOX network and helped create the controversial “Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?” in 2000.
Fleiss says, “Most of the country isn’t a Size 2, It’s the dating show for the rest of us.” The show is currently casting. No premier date has been set yet.
The Bachelor’s Jason Mesnick reveals in an all new interview that he and Molly are happy together. Good to see that whole dumping his ex fiance on national television thingy has not put a dent in their relationship.
Jason tells People, they two continue to visit each other and are heading in the right direction in their relationship. Molly enjoys cooking for Jason, and he is enjoying getting to know her friends and family.
According to the happy couple, their biggest challenge is the distance between them. Molly says she plans on flying to Seatle in a few weeks to visit both Jason and Ty, “I’m excited to just spend some time with Ty outside of the cameras and production.”
The New Bachelorette Jillian Harris is allegedly dropping her goody two shoes image and getting edgy for her stint as the new Bachelorette. Filming is scheduled to begin later on this month.
OK Magazine reports, “On the show they will reveal that she’s capable of creating controversy. The producers would love it if The Bachelorette ends just as dramatically as The Bachelor.”
The show will be premiering May 17th on ABC. The insider goes on to state, “You’ll see her really manipulating them in a way previous Bachelorettes haven’t,” well let’s hope Jillian won’t become the female version of Jason.
In a bit of a surprising news, The Bachelor’s Melissa Rycroft believes Dancing With The Stars’s new format is much tougher than The Bachelor and those “shocking” rose ceremonies.
Melissa spoke to US Weekly this week and states that the new DWTS elimination dance format is definitely more nerve racking. Melissa also goes on to say that she does not feel safe even though she and her partner Tony Dovonali have been racking up some of the highest scores on the show. “It’s fair to say nobody’s safe, no matter how high your scores are!”
For some odd reason, we think Melissa will be safe for a very long time on DWTS.
A new photo has surfaced of The Bachelor/Dancing With The Stars Melissa Rycroft with her new boyfriend Ty. Melissa who is 25 years old showed up to her Dancing With The Stars dance studio with Ty in West Hollywood this past Friday.
US Weekly reports that Ty is an insurance agent. As you can see, he is wearing a Dallas Cowboys T-shirt, Melissa is an ex Cowboys cheerleader!
She tells US, “We’ve been really good friends, but the timing was never right. With all this going on, he’s my support system. It’s funny how things happen.”
Seems The Bachelor’s Melissa is moving on quite well since dodging the Jason bullet (good luck with him Molly!). She is on the new cover of US Weekly magazine and the mag reports Melissa now has a new man in her life named Ty.
The 25 year old bachelorette tells US, “We’ve been really good friends, but the timing was never right. With all this going on, he’s my support system. It’s funny how things happen.”
Melissa is also riding high on her new Dancing With The Stars gig scoring the second highest score on the show’s debut with only 2 days of practice, earning her a standing O!
Ex Bachelor star Andrew Firestone spoke to USWeekly and had some not so nice things to say about Jason Mesnick. Andrew accused Jason of being fake and referred to him as an “ass.”
Andrew states, “If he didn’t have his mind made up, don’t do anything, Don’t feel that you are so pressured into having to propose or make a decision. There’s no reason that you have to do anything, especially if you’re so torn that you’re crying like a little girl on that balcony.”
Andrew went on to say that he believed the whole public dumping fiasco by Jason was calculated by him. He says Jason was acting like as ass. “I thought it was super shady that Jason has one girl on and then he did the squirmy, puppy dog kind of thing, Melissa goes walking off and then the other girl comes on, and he’s sheepish and making out with her. Come on” Firestone says.
Seems like Andrew has a good read on Jason. We couldn’t agree more with him.
Breaking news for Bachelor fans as People magazine is reporting that Melissa Rycroft will be appearing on Dancing with The Stars this season. We reported yesterday that Jewel and Nancy O’Dell had to drop out due to injuries. The other replacement is rumored to be The Girls Next Door Star Holly Madison.
People reports Melissa has only had a few days to rehearse and will be performing when the show premiers tomorrow night. Great news for Melissa, what a great way to rebound after being publicly dumped by Jason.