According to the latest issue of InTouch weekly, TLC has decided to cancel Kate’s reality show, Kate Plus 8. The reason? Well, it all has to do with Kate’s ex-husband Jon Gosselin.
Sources tell the mag that Jon has refused to re-sign a contract allowing his children to be filmed for the TV show, apparently telling his friends his kids hate being on camera 24 hours a day.
“Kate is beside herself,” says an insider. “She is obsessed with fame and being on TV, so this is making her miserable. Not only that, but she wants more money! She won’t last at home with the kids.”
The insider adds that Kate, 35, is now scrambling to find new ways to prolong her 15 minutes. “She’s buddying up with Bristol and Sarah Palin, among other famous friends,” reveals the insider, adding that Kate “fears that her fame is coming to an end, but she’s more worried that her income seems to be drying up.”
You can read more about this story in the latest issue of InTouch Weekly.
In the latest issue of the weekly mag, Kim, 32, tells the mag she was unhappy with her body’s appearance while looking at some Miami vacation pictures of herself 4 months ago. “My boobs looked crazy and saggy,” she reveals. So, Kim decided to undergo three hours of surgery to replace the saline implants she’d gotten at age 20 with lighter silicone ones.
And despite being happy with the results, Kim reveals she had to go back under the knife once more after tearing some of her stitches. Now healing and happier than ever, Kim says, “I love my new boobs. They’re so perky. I feel fantastic!”
Excerpts from Kim’s interview with the mag below -
So the initial surgery went okay?
It went great. I had my nipple moved up half an inch, so my boobs were lifted without having a scar from the nipple to underneath the breast.
What went wrong afterward?
I went to the Bahamas with Kandi, Sheree and our kids eight days after the procedure. I went down a water slide and tore some of the stitches.
Ouch! Were you okay?
I felt a sharp pain in my left breast but didn’t realize how serious it was until the bandages came off and there was a tear around my nipple. I had to go back to get it fixed.
Will you have more surgery in the future?
I’d like to do a tummy tuck at some point to get rid of a few stretch marks.
Below are more photos of Kim, including the photos from her Miami vacation earlier this year. The new season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta will premiere on October 4.
This season of the Real Housewives of DC continues tonight with the 7th episode titled, “Perception Gap.”
On tonight’s episode, Cat works on her book cover. Not to be outdone, the Salahis try to publish their own book. Later, a showdown leaves Cat in tears; parenting issues plague Mary; and religion and politics collide for Stacie.
The new episode airs 9/8c on Bravo.
In other DC news, Bravo is now denying the report that came out last week stating the Salahis would not be returning next season. In a statement to Popeater, the same site that broke the news, Bravo states no cast changes will be made until a second season is green-lighted.
“We’ve had no discussions about a season two — including any casting — and won’t until the freshman season concludes,” a Bravo spokesman states. “Any speculation to the contrary would be absolutely premature. And let’s face it, it wouldn’t be a proper ‘Real Housewives’ franchise without the drama of casting rumors.”
So there you have it folks, the gruesome twosome might be returning next season.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON BRAVO’S STATEMENT AND TONIGHT’S EPISODE?
“Danielle is crazy about Lori, but doesn’t know she’s seeing another woman,” a source said. “Lori is a proud, openly gay woman, and the relationship with Danielle is just an amusing sidetrack for her. She’s really with Courtney.”
The source adds, “And if Danielle expects something serious and long-lasting with Lori, she’s going to end up being one heartbroken housewife.” A picture of Courtney Lynch is below courtesy NJ.com. She is the dancer on the left.
In other NJ news, TMZ is reporting this morning that Bravo has put the kibosh on a classy table flipping contest that was set to be hosted by the always classy Teresa Giudice.
The reason? Apparently Bravo thought it was a dumb PR move. The club owner of The Funkey Monkey in Delaware tells TMZ they will now be holding a Teresa look alike contest.
In a statement released, via the OC Register, Simon, 46, denies any wrong doing and cites his refusal to allow his children to film for the 6th season of the Real Housewives of Orange County, as the sole reason Tamra decided to call the cops on him. Simon also alleges Tamra is now trying to get sole custody of their three children together.
Simon’s statement is below -
“There are a lot of rumors and speculation about the events of September 20th. I am confident and have faith that the truth will come out in the courts instead of the media. This incident was a setup by my ex-wife and she is already using it to make a claim for 100% custody of our children. It stems primarily from me refusing permission for our children to be filmed on her reality show, ‘Real Housewives of Orange County.’
Recently my ex-wife and the production company have pressured me to allow the children to be filmed. I have always refused because I don’t believe it is in our children’s best interest to be exploited in this way. This has not set well with my ex-wife. If she succeeds in obtaining 100% custody, she will then be able to give permission for the children to be filmed even though I object.
I have never been a danger to either my ex-wife or our children, as she has recently claimed. As so many people know, I love our children more than anything in the world. To me, it is tragic that any parent would go to such extreme measures as using custody to allow their children to be filmed on a reality program. I pray for my ex wife and our children all the time.”
According to the OC Register, Simon answered “No” when asked if he threw a plastic dog leash at Tamra. As we reported yesterday, Tamra is already working to get a restraining order against Simon.
In the interview, Maksim touches on the topic of his ex-girlfriend former dancing partner Erin Andrews. Though Maksim refuses to reveal what exactly went down with Erin, it was reported weeks ago that the two briefly dated before eventually ending their relationship after a short period. Maksim also discusses his current dance partner, Brandy and why he is impressed with Bristol Palin.
Excerpts from Maksim’s interview below -
How happy are you about last night’s show? You came in second with 23 points.
Very happy! I’ve been always telling Brandy that you just have to get the first show out of the way. I think she did an amazing job for the first time, for the nerves, and anxiety and all that stuff. I really enjoyed our dance.
What’s up for you and Brandy next week?
We’re doing the jive. We’re still testing the waters out with Brandy to see what she’s comfortable with, what she’s going to be better at…She’s a very versatile person with so many looks. She can just smile and look adorable and innocent and all that, but she has a hot and sassy side as well.
Were you surprised at how well Bristol did?
Bristol did great! I think Bristol has a lot to prove and she certainly tries her best. She shouldn’t put pressure on herself. If there’s no pressure, there are no expectations and she can just walk out and do her thing. I applaud her bravery for even being on the show.
Will we ever see you and Erin dance again on the show?
I came back to dance with Mel for our 100th show. You never know, maybe they’ll bring us back. I would love to dance with Erin again for sure if she would like to but at the moment right now, this very second, my mind is on what Brandy and I are going to be doing next week.
Why is everyone so obsessed with you and Erin and trying to figure out what was going on between the two of you?
I think we showed partnership beyond just the show. I’ve apologized to our fans because romance or not, they will probably never know because I’m a private person. I put out as much as I can on Twitter, my website, and my YouTube channel, but just to an extent. What Erin and I had is between me and Erin.
In a live press conference Wednesday afternoon hosted by Ryan Seacrest, the network introduced Steven and Jlo alongside Randy Jackson, the only judge remaining from the previous season, to a cheering audience.
“I’m looking for the next Michael Jackson,” said Jlo, 41. “We’re looking for the best American Idol ever.”
Steven Tyler, 62, also had some words to say. “[It] feels like the perfect feathered nest,” he said. “It’s being a part of something much bigger than yourself. I want to bring some rock to this roller coaster.”
Jennifer, who is slated to earn $12 million for judging one season of the hit show addressed the Idol hopefuls in attendance at the press conference. “I love you guys. I am so excited,” she told the crowd. “It is about concentrating in the moment, do the best you can. Just live! Just live, it’s your moment.”
The new season of American Idol will officially kick off in January, 2011.