ABC’s press release reads: “Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America’s and Brad Womack’s heart on the 15th season of ‘The Bachelor’, finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad’s proposal and was looking forward to walking down the aisle. Unfortunately her relationship with Brad ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves.”
Following her break up with Brad Womack last year, the former Bachelor winner had always remained adamant that she did not want to do the show. Her change of heart reportedly came when for the first time in Bachelorette history, ABC decided to have the guys film in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, rather than in Los Angeles, in order to remain close to her 6-year-old daughter Ricki.
“Bentley is Emily’s type and she knows the show well enough to expect producers to bring him back,” says an Emily pal. “It would be good for ABC, but she’s not sure how good it would be for her!” Bentley is her type???
Production on Emily’s season is expected to begin filming in March, with her season set to air late spring on ABC.
[Photos Credit: SPLASH, ABC]
TELL US – NOW THAT IT’S OFFICIAL, DID ABC MAKE A GOOD CHOICE? WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE BENTLEY RETURN? YOU KNOW, SOLELY FOR DRAMA PURPOSES?
Fans anticipate the casting drama of Dancing With The Stars almost as much as they anticipate watching the celebs strap on their dancing gear and compete. Well, casting for season 14 is about to begin and already a whole host of names are being thrown around as possible contenders!
HollywoodLife is exclusively reporting that JWoww and Tim Tebow are both topping DWTS’ producers wish list and have already been approached to participate in the show. Eeks – Can you imagine what JWoww would wear to dance in!?
And following the announcement by Food Network’s star Paula Deen yesterday that she has Type II Diabetes, the show producers now want the 64-year-old on the show! “‘DWTS’ suits love good stories,” the source says. “It’s good timing. Paula just confirmed she has diabetes and this could help her a lot.”
The source also reveals that the show is hoping to get some failed presidential hopefuls on board by asking Michelle Bachman and Herman Cain to consider the show. Also, if Rick Perry or Ron Paul leave the presidential race producers are apparently hoping to entice one of them as well. That seems like one politico too many!
In other DWTS news two-time winner Cheryl Burke recently hinted that fans may get their wish for an all-star show! Cheryl taught a dance class in Mountain View, CA over the weekend and participated in a little Q & A session about the show, which was tweeted live by the peeps at Mountain View Patch.
Among some of the juicy tidbits Cheryl revealed, she mentioned that an all-star show could be in the works in time for season 15! Cheryl also talked on-set egos and revealed, “Some male dancers on the show have egos, but I stay out of it.” I wonder whom she could be referring to…
Cheryl also pointed out egos have never been a problem with male celebrities! Cheryl also shared that she takes Len Goodman‘s advice the most seriously because he’s a real ballroom judge.
[Photo Credit: Judy Eddy/WENN.com]
THOUGHTS ON NEXT SEASON’S CASTING PICKS SO FAR? WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE ON AN ALL-STAR SHOW?!
Kasey Kahl will guard and protect your heart and get arrested doing it! Ok, so actually the former Bachelor Pad star got arrested for Drunk and Disorderly Conduct, but close enough!
TMZ reports that Kasey was arrested Sunday morning in Fresno, CA outside of Club Habanos for being drunk and disorderly while he was hanging out with friends. His mugshot, in which he actually looks nice, is below!
Kasey’s rep explains it was no big deal, “Kasey and his friends were hanging out outside of the club where police officers allegedly thought they were being too loud. Kasey, along with a couple friends, were taken to the police station, but were released a couple hours later. No charges were or have been filed against him.”
“Kasey was extremely respectful and very cooperative with the police officers despite the situation, even having a good laugh because of his model-esque mugshot. The police officers noted that it was the prettiest mugshot they’ve ever seen come into their station.” Well, I’m glad it wasn’t a DUI.
In other Kasey news, the two-time reality show loser at love will be appearing on Vh1′s Relationship Rehab with his ex-girlfriendVienna Girardi. Like people want to watch anymore of these two on television. But I digress, apparently Relationship Rehab is similar to Celebrity Rehab except it deals with well, you know, relationships instead of drugs and alcohol. Also, different? NoDr. Drew — instead viewers get Dr. Jenn Berman.
Apparently, there’s already been the prerequisite insufferable Vienna-Kasey drama because TMZ is reporting Vienna stormed off the set during a therapy session.
So why does Kasey need to appear on the show other than a paycheck and a desire for the spotlight? “I’m just a hopeless romantic cheese ball who wants to be happy.” Oh, dear…
[Photo Credit: Daniel Tanner/WENN.com]
THOUGHTS ON KASEY’S ARREST? IS IT THE PRETTIEST MUGSHOT YOU’VE EVER SEEN? WOULD YOU WATCH RELATIONSHIP REHAB?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO VIEW KASEY’S MUGSHOT!
When asked if he found love on the show, Ben plays coy stating “I obviously can’t tell you that. But I’m happy with my decision in doing the show. Another good experience. Another cathartic, therapeutic adventure for me.” Hint – He did and is now engaged!
So what is Ben looking for in a potential mate? “It’s important for me to be with someone who’s well-rounded, cultured and flexible,” says Ben, 29. “Not someone who is so used to routine. Because my life is very sporadic. Being in the wine industry, no two days are the same. So those were important qualities that I looked for.”
Ben is also asked if he’s concerned that, you know, pretty much 99% of the show’s relationships end up not working out. “Relationships end whether you’re on a TV show or not. Some haven’t worked out and some have. There are some celebrated relationships on this show,” claims Ben. Good answer!
Ben also assures us that when “all of this is said and done, I just want to go back to my life in Northern California, where most people really don’t know who I am. And I’d prefer it that way.”
As for what we can expect on tonight’s premiere, sensitive New York blogger Jenna has an emotional breakdown over Ben while another contestant Monica — who is reportedly bisexual — shows more interest in a fellow contestant than in Ben! And Brittney tries to snag a first impression rose by bringing her Grandma on to meet Ben.
The Bachelor premieres tonight at 8/7c on ABC.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE NEW SEASON OF THE BACHELOR & TONIGHT’S PREMIERE?
With The Bachelor premiering next month, Ben Flajnik is spilling some details about his upcoming season and claiming that actress Jennifer Love Hewitt wanted to take him off the market before ABC had the chance!
Us Weekly confirms that Ben went on one date with the 32-year-old actress before signing on to become The Bachelor. A witness spotted the pair on an awkward seeming “first date” at Lion’s Pub in San Francisco this August. “It seemed like a first date, but he wasn’t overly affectionate,” the witness reported, adding that Jennifer seemed very interested in Ben! “As the bar started to close she grabbed his hand and marched outside.”
Ben confirms that Jennifer initiated everything! “She had reached out to me and wanted to come up to the winery so she did with some friends,” Ben explained.
“She’s a nice girl, but… after this is all said and done, I want to go back to Northern California to my normal life,” he disclosed. “Ending up with a Hollywood celebrity is not something I ever imagined doing.” Well, good thing he had 25 more eligible bachelorettes to choose from! Other reports have also claimed Ben thought Jennifer was a little cray-cray!
Speaking of the upcoming season, Ben reveals he is happy he participated in the show. Now that filming has completed Ben is happily settling into his life post-reality TV, but did he find love? Zap2It covered a recent press conference Ben did to advertise the new season and he’s not giving away any details!
“I’m happy with my decision in doing the show. Another good experience, another cathartic, therapeutic adventure… I can’t tell you [if I'm happy with the outcome]. I’m happy with the experience, I’m happy I decided to become the bachelor,” Ben divulged. “I have no regrets about anything that I did. I feel like my decisions were well thought out and I’ll leave it at that.”
“When that first limo pulled up, sheer panic and terror set in. It took the first few ladies for me to kind of settle in. Your heart is racing, it’s nerve-wracking on both sides,” Ben said, describing the initial meet-n-greet with the women.
After going through the process himself, Ben is empathetic to the choice his former love Ashley Hebert faced and understands being torn between two people. “You’re obviously trying to figure out a lot of things along the way and it’s a difficult situation. Easily the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my entire life,” Ben recounted. “You’re always thinking about each individual relationship, where it’s going, where it’s not going. It’s difficult.”
While we’re all wondering if Ben will be walking down the aisle, Bachelor host Chris Harrison isn’t giving anything away either only commenting that Ben is “in the right place to find love.”
[Photo Credit: Josiah True/WENN.com]
ARE YOU SURPRISED THAT JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT WANTED TO GO ON A DATE WITH BEN? DO YOU THINK BEN PROPOSED ON HIS SEASON?
Will they or won’t they… be one of the only Bachelorette couples to marry! Former BacheloretteAshley Hebert and her fiancé JP Rosenbaum are still engaged but they have no plans to walk down the aisle just yet.
The couple spoke to US Weekly at ASPCA’s “Blessing of the Animals” in NYC this Sunday and the couple, along with their dog, Boo, confirmed they are still happy but there’s no wedding date set! “Well, I’m almost done with school. I just have a week and a half [left],” Ashley explained. “I think once that’s done I can start turning my attention elsewhere.”
The couple is still happily engaged and enjoying their time living together in NYC. “We really are best friends, [so] just being together is a lot to look forward to,” Ashley said of their relationship, adding that the couple “looks forward to building our lives together.”
JP echoed that they just “want to wait for the right time” before walking down the aisle. The right time like when ABC schedules their nuptials??
And Ashley is happy about her rejected former beau Ben Flajnik‘s turn on The Bachelor. “He’s a really good guy,” Ashley said. “We both really respect him. I hope he has better… You know, a better experience than I gave him.”
Speaking of Ben, an extended trailer for his upcoming season of The Bachelor has just been released and it promises bachelorettes at war (literally), covert activity, plenty of crying, and a very, very crazy villainess in the form of Courtney Robertson, a model from AZ who tries to seduce Ben by skinnydipping! A photo of Courtney is below.
See the trailer below! C’mon you know your secretly excited — What’s better than a reality TV trainwreck that’s all in good fun?
[Photo Credit: WENN.com]
SO, DO YOU THINK ASHLEY AND JP WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT DOWN THE AISLE? ARE YOU EXCITED BY THE TRAILER FOR BEN’S SEASON OF THE BACHELOR?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE THE DRAMATIC TRAILER!
Since I know you all are heartbroken and dying to know the reasons Ali Fedotowski and Roberto Martinez ended their engagement and broke up, according to reports ABC is considering filming a breakup special with the former lovebirds.
Life & Style talked with host Chris Harrison about the canceled engagement and asked hat he thinks went wrong. “I’m sorry for Ali and Roberto, but I’m old enough and wise enough to know that these things happen,” Chris explains, adding that neither Ali or Roberto blame the show for the disintegration of their relationship. “It’s not the show, and it’s not TV, it’s life.”
As for the supposed breakup special, Chris says he’d be more than happy to film one! “I’d sit down with Ali and Roberto, but I don’t know what good it would do,” he muses. “It’s kind of like when someone says, ‘Why did you get divorced?’ It’s never really that black-and-white, and I don’t know what either one of them could offer or say that would really satisfy anybody.”
Following her breakup Ali has confessed to not knowing what to do with her life and it appears she may have some answers! OK! Magazine is reporting her days of looking for love on TV may be far from over as they are claiming she is a contender to be the next Bachelorette! Perhaps the reports that Ali is a desperate famewhore have some validity…
“The network would love to have her back,” Ali a friend tells the mag, dropping hints that Ali is interested in pulling a Brad Womack. And we all know how well that turned out!
The friend claims that Ali’s overwhelming ratings on the show have execs interested in giving her a second chance. “Her numbers were through the roof and people were really rooting for her to fall in love.” Does this “friend” think perhaps Roberto had anything to do with those high numbers?
Ali is carefully weighing her options whilst getting over her heartbreak before committing. “She hasn’t made up her mind about anything, but she also hasn’t ruled out the idea. It’s definitely been discussed,” the friend continues. “The show would love to get her to say yes.” Riiiight. Personally I think they should ask Roberto to be the next Bachelor instead!
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN AN ALI & ROBERTO BREAKUP SPECIAL? DO YOU CARE? DO YOU BELIEVE THE NETWORK IS CONSIDERING ASKING ALI TO BE THE NEXT BACHELORETTE?
Bloggers beware! In today’s surprising news the producers of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are suing the popular blogger realitysteve.com for soliciting information to be used for leaking spoilers about their hit shows!
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in California Federal Court NZK Productions and Alternative Television, Inc — the producers of the shows — are claiming the defendant, blogger Steve Carbone (a.k.a. realitysteve) is ” attempting to have contestants breach their confidentiality pledges.” The website has leaked such high-profile information as the location of the shows, the final three, the winners, even going so far as to disclose the participants before ABC officially releases the cast list. In exchange for realitysteve contacting participants for classified gossip they want at least $75,000 in damages.
Participants in the ABC shows are required to sign contracts barring them from divulging “non-public” information about the shows. Realitysteve is accused of learning “confidential information” about the series by “contacting and soliciting information from participants, cast, crew, and other employees of the series.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, show employees are told that they will face high penalties upwards of a million dollars for disclosing the info, but according to the suit Carbone “allegedly contacted them with knowledge they were subject to confidentiality obligations.” Supporting this claim, the producers have included an email supposedly sent by realitysteve to a Bachelor contestant on Nov 17. It reads:
“Let me just say, I’m very well aware of your contract. I also know that over 500 contestants have been on this show and not one of them has ever been sued for the $5 million. It’s just a scare tactic. Trust me. Just like they had no idea you sent me that last email, they’ll have no idea about any correspondence either. I know you’re scared and a little paranoid by it, but don’t be. Unless they are hacking your email or tapping your phone, there’s absolutely no way for them to find out.”
In exchange for providing him with information, realitysteve allegedly offered the participant $2,500 if she were willing to breach her contract. “Since you are a student, and I know you have loans up the ying-yang, I’d be willing to compensate you… I swear, this is the easiest money you’d ever make and you and I are the only two people that would know.”
The producers claim this is not an isolated incident and include several other examples of where realitysteve contacted participants and former participants for information to further his site. According to the producers realitysteve was sent more than one cease and desist letters, which were ignored, before they sought legal action against the blogger for “intentional interference with contractual relations and unfair competition and demanding at least $75,000 in damages and an injunction.”
It is interesting to note that despite the producers so-called ire that realitysteve referred to their confidentiality contracts as “scare-tactics” they are not seeking damages against any of the show participants who broke their own contracts!
Rebutting against the lawsuit realitysteve posted a “statement” about claims and insists: “I have not been served a lawsuit, nor have I even seen this lawsuit, so I have no specific comment at this time.”
Instead he posted the communication he received from the production companys’ attorneys. realitysteve’s attorney, Brad Kizzia, insists there has been “no interference” with participants’ contracts and alludes to the website seeking legal action against the plantiffs! “For your clients to sue Mr. Carbone would be unnecessary – at best a waste of the parties time and expense and at worst, an illegal slap action attempting to deny Mr. Carbone’s First Amendment rights.”
Well, this is all very interesting! And in case you weren’t awareBen Flajnik‘s season of The Bachelor premieres next month…
[Photo Credit: WENN.com]
THOUGHTS? DO THE PRODUCERS HAVE A RIGHT TO SUE REALITYSTEVE FOR LEAKING SPOILERS ABOUT THEIR SHOW? SHOULD THEY BE TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE PARTICIPANTS THAT LEAK INFORMATION INSTEAD? DO YOU BELIEVE THIS A FRIVILOUS LAWSUIT TO GENERATE PUBLICITY FOR THE SHOW OR IS THAT JUST ME?