This follows the previous snafu that occurred last month during which Bravo decided to postpone the show 2 weeks before it’s scheduled Feb. 15th premiere in favor of the lacklusterReal Housewives of Miami.
The NYC Housewives have all teased that Bravo postponed the season due to too much drama and needing more time to edit the show, which was still filming two weeks before it was meant to debut. And judging from the trailer below, they might have been right.
Bravo promises “the new season will definitely be worth the wait.”
The new season trailer is below -
TELL US – ARE YOU STILL EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON? THOUGHTS ON THE NEW TRAILER?
The ceremony took place Friday afternoon at the Longacre Theater in New York City, where Kelsey recently starred in the Tony-winning revival of the musical La Cage aux Folles.
“Kelsey Grammer and Kayte Walsh were married today at a private ceremony for family and friends,” his rep said in a statement yesterday. The guests at the wedding included Kelsey’s grown daughter, actress Spencer Grammer, who read a poem, Kayte’s brother, who sang a song, and Kelsey’s 5-year-old son Jude (son with Camille). Kelsey and Camille’s daughter Mason, 8, reportedly didn’t attend the bash due to a talent show.
Following the ceremony, the newlyweds and their guests headed to the reception at the Plaza Hotel where they dined on a four-course dinner menu which accommodated the vegetarian bride and also included king oyster mushroom carpaccio, wild mushroom risotto, grilled filet mignon with blue potato gratin and bittersweet chocolate tart. The price? A mere $400 a plate. Wedding photos of Kelsey and Kate below.
It’s “bittersweet,” said Camille. “Kelsey and I spent 14 years together and built a great life for ourselves. We have two children, and they mean the world to me.”
“I do wish him well and I’ll miss him,” Camille added. “We spent many great years together and we’ve been through a lot. But at the end of the day, he’s made his decision and I’ll be fine. I’ve got a great support group, real and true friends and I’m moving forward with my life. I was sad and wanted to make things work but I’m completely fine now. I’m moving on.”
For starters, controversial housewife Danielle Staub will not be returning, and that is a-okay with Caroline Manzo, who threatened to leave the show if Bravo allowed Danielle to come back.
The HollywoodLife caught up with bothAndy Cohenand Caroline this week and they both seem to agree on one thing. “Without Danielle, it’ll be great!” Andy said.
“People worry that the show won’t be what it was. I’m glad it’s not what it was,” Caroline stated. “Now, it’s drama that’s memorable.” Caroline also confirms there will be some new housewives this season, reportedly Melissa Gorga (Teresa Giudice’s sister-in-law) and Kathy Wakile (Teresa’s first cousin).
“There’s a couple of new faces,” Caroline reveals. “It’s a very different dynamic this year. It’s a lot of fun.”
And despite reports that the third season finished filming last December, Andy states that “Jersey is filming right now,” adding that “it’s going really well.”
“It’s the best it ever was,” Caroline finalizes. And in a separate interview with E! Online, Caroline reveals that she doesn’t miss her sister Dina Manzo on the show because she gets to see Dina in real life, while also hinting at some drama with Teresa according to E!.
“Oh Teresa! You’re gonna have to watch and see, there’s a tremendous dynamic going on,” Caroline said. “My beautiful daughter and sons are doing great, they’re loves lives come into play. Interesting things go on this year.”
Bravo has yet to officially announce the premiere date for season 3 but all signs point to sometime in May.
As for Danielle, who is rumored to be working on a spinoff reality show about her personal life, her new show called ‘Social’ premiered on Wealth TV days ago and according to our reader ZOSO666, the show is a train wreck. “It is awful. I want my 1/2 hour back but I had to watch it. She is like the white trash version of Robin Leach. I don’t suspect it should last too long,” added Zoso. Ouch!
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON CAROLINE & ANDY’S INTERVIEWS? DO YOU PREDICT SEASON 3 WILL BE THE BEST SEASON EVER? DID YOU WATCH DANIELLE’S NEW SHOW?
It’s now been two weeks since Bravo made the surprising announcement to postpone the Real Housewives of New York City season 4, which was originally scheduled to debut tomorrow Feb. 15, and the NYC Housewives are still defending the show.
The latest cast member to speak out is Ramona Singer, who tells E! News there is “no truth” to the reports that reveal the show was pushed back and is being overhauled due to a lack of drama.
“How could it be boring? Am I boring? I could never be. It really is everyone’s scheduling. Everyone has different schedules and things going on and we are working on it,” she said.
Ramona then went on to add that Bethenny Frankel’s absence will actually make the show better. “Oh my gosh, this is the best season ever, because there’s no evil drama,” she says. “People ask will the show be good without Bethenny on it, but I think the show will be better because she made it too dark. She and [BFF-turned-nemesis] Jill [Zarin] made it too dark with the fighting.”
Ramona once again reiterates that this upcoming season is the best one yet. “I’m telling you, I know, I filmed it,” she says. “This is the best season yet. We’re in Morocco and it’s better than Sex and the City.”
And in a separate interview with E! News, Alex McCord also echoes Ramona’s sentiments by stating this season is filled with drama and many fights.
“Oh, it’s not one epic fight, it is 100 fights,” Alex told E!. “We’re comfortable enough with each other now that it’s no holds barred. I did not know Cindy before. You’ll have to see what happens with her and everyone.” Alex adds that one incident reaches such madness that “you can’t make up what happens.”
E! also interviewed Bravo exec Andy Cohen who states the network simply needed more time to edit the season. “It’s great, it’s an amazing season, we just wrapped three weeks ago, we really wanted to get it perfect and we had Miami sitting on the shelf,” he told E! News. “It’s great, we all love it. Bethenny and Jill had their own drama. What’s interesting about the premiere is the dust is still settling on that feud so it’s interesting to see how these women are picking it back up.”
And finally, below is an old school photo of Kyle Richards and Bethenny Frankel. Kyle tweeted the photo which was taken back in 1993. If you recall, Bethenny and Kyle go way back as Bethenny was the chauffeur to Kyle’s nieces Nicky and Paris Hilton.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE STORY? DO YOU THINK THE BETHENNY & JILL DRAMA MADE THE SHOW TOO DARK?
Just in case that whole Bravo housewives thingy doesn’t quite work out, it seems Camille Grammer is looking ahead when it comes to her “career.”
According to TMZ, Camille filmed a cameo role on CBS hit show $#*! My Dad. And get this, Camille plays a character named “Camille” who stars on a reality show called “Real Divorcees of San Diego.” Camille’s method acting will reportedly be featured on the show’s season finale.
Camille, 42, is no stranger to acting, having starred in soft porn movies such as The Naked Detective and New York Nights. Some photos of Camille filming her guest spot are below.
TMZ also reports that Kelsey Grammer’s 27-year-old daughter Spencer Grammer tied the knot with James Hesketh yesterday at City Hall in New York City. Present at the wedding was Kelsey, 55, and his fiancée Kayte Walsh, 29. Spencer is also an actress and currently stars on ABC Family’s Greek.
And finally, the web was abuzz this week following a report by RadarOnline in which Spencer Pratt told the site that Heidi Montagwas actively pursuing joining the cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Spencer even claimed they had a meeting planned with Bravo execs while Heidi took to her twitter page to declare – “Watch out Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Here comes Heidi.”
We didn’t report on the story because for one it sounded just as ridic as the story that came out last week claiming Camille might be joining the RHONYC cast. Plus we also had a ban on writing about the famewhores known as Heidi and Spencer unless the story about them ends up being pretty darn interesting and authentic, such as what you are about to read below.
This story immediately took an interesting turn when Andy Cohen first denied it earlier this week by tweeting a simple “Hell no” when asked if he would ever consider adding Speidi to the BH cast.
Things then took a turn for the better when Andy proceeded to let us know how he really felt about the two dingbats during the Thursday airing of Watch What Happens Live.
“Professionally, I’m not supposed to discuss any negotiations so I have to parse my words here,” said Andy on WWHL. “That trash is delusional and I would sooner stab … knives into my own eyes than see her on this network.” Andy then went on to award Heidi the “Jackhole of the Week.”
Mazel to you Andy. Mazel.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON CAMILLE’S ACTING GIG & ANDY’S COMMENTS? WOULD YOU WATCH SPEIDI ON THE RHOBH?
Lisa covers the latest issue of UsWeekly as both she and her husband Ken Todd reveal Cedric “absolutely betrayed” them. According to the couple, Cedric lived in their Beverly Hills mansion for over a year and a half rent free only to snap when confronted about his laziness, while also trying to extort money from them.
Ken tells UsWeekly, “[Cedric] said, ‘I’m not asking for money, but I haven’t got any, and I’ve been offered to sell my story to magazines. I can say anything I want.” Ken adds that Cedric also threatened violence. “He said, ‘The last time I was this angry, I stabbed my father,’” says Ken, who filed a police report after the conversation.
“I will sue if he sells any stories about me,” a heartbroken Lisa tells UsWeekly. “I feel absolutely betrayed.” Lisa adds that Cedric changed once the cameras came around and always “wanted to be the seventh housewife.” The twitter bio of Cedric does read, “Model actor and the 7th Real housewife of Beverly Hills.”
Meanwhile Cedric also gave out his own exclusive interview to E! News during which he leveled his allegations against Lisa and Ken. According to Cedric, he was working for the couple in the UK when they invited him to come to the US. Sensing a “great opportunity,” he agreed, living with them for six months and then moving out.
Cedric states he was however still living with Lisa when she auditioned to appear on the RHOBH. So when Bravo called Lisa back to ask her to be on the show, they asked if Cedric was still living with her, and she lied and said yes. According to Cedric, Lisa then asked him to move back in.
“I didn’t need a place to stay,” Cedric says. “I knew [Real Housewives] it could be an opportunity that opens doors…I always wanted to leave [their house].”
Cedric adds that things took a turn for the worst on the last day of filming. “Ken and Lisa changed. When I moved in, I noticed a difference…They were talking to me like…I was an accessory to Lisa,” he said. And below is a Jan. 15 tweet from Cedric -
In other BH news, TMZ is reporting that the lawyers for Kelsey Grammer and Camille Grammer were able to reach a deal today in their divorce case. Both parties have agreed to submit the signed settlement by Thursday, and Kelsey will be free to marry his mistress fiance Kayte Walsh by the end of this month.
While Camille didn’t get the $10 million she was asking for, Kelsey did agree to post a $2 million bond for the next 18 months, to protect Camille’s interest in his pension. The issues of property and money will be resolved at a later date.
And as for those ridiculous pesky rumors that Camille might be joining the Real Housewives of NYC, Andy Cohen denied them today tweeting “Not true by a mile,” when a fan asked about the rumors. For one, the RHONYC finished filming season 4 over a week ago so the rumor didn’t really hold any merit.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON LISA & CEDRIC’S INTERVIEWS? WHO DO YOU BELIEVE?
In the brief interview, Teresa also discusses her feelings on Danielle Staub, the infamous shoving of Andy Cohen at the reunion show and her other projects in the works such as opening up a new restaurant.
On Former Costar Danielle Staub – “She would say things that were not nice like ‘don’t call me honey,’ like really? My reaction was is bitch better? You know, like for instance the table flip, she said to me ‘pay attention please,’ like who are you to tell me to pay attention. Are you serious?” Teresa added, “Like you can’t just expect to say whatever you want to people. You’re going to get a reaction out of them.”
Feelings On Danielle Today – “You know, like I have no grudges to hold towards Danielle. You know, I wish her all the best,” said Teresa. So is she happy Danielle isn’t coming back for the third season? “It didn’t phase me at all. To tell you the truth, I kind of miss her,” replied Teresa with a laugh.
On Shoving Andy Cohen - “I mean I love him. It was not something I meant to do. I think he got in the middle or something and you know, at that moment…” When asked if Andy was surprised at how strong she was, Teresa replied, “Yes he was. He was like ‘wow you’re strong.’ I have good guns.” And by guns, she meant her arms.
On Season 3 & Sis-in-law Melissa Gorga Joining The Cast – “Well you’re going to have to watch and see. I’m definitely going to be on.” Teresa coyly added, “If anything, I had to go see a lot more family. Let’s say that.”
On Other Projects - Teresa revealed she’s coming out with her second book in May called Fabulicious, calling the new book “straight up Italian.” Teresa also shared she and hubby Joe Giudiceare opening up a new restaurant, something she called “a great Italian restaurant.”
Bravo has yet to officially announce the premiere date of Real Housewives of New Jersey season 3 but it’s expected to debut sometime in May.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON TERESA’S INTERVIEW? ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO A SEASON 3 OF THE JERSEY HOUSEWIVES?
As we pointed out yesterday, Popeater reported back in December that Bravo higher ups were not happy with the way the 4th season was going after viewing the footage. Things were apparently so bad that Bravo asked Bethenny Frankelto return to the show for many appearances, something she wanted no part of.
Fast forward to today and the NY Post as well as the NYDailyNews are both reporting Bravo pulled the plug on the Feb. 15 premiere because they thought it was too boring.
According to the Post, the producers decided to cancel the original premiere because “it lacked the explosive catfight-filled drama expected of” other Bravo housewives series. In fact, Andy Cohen emailed the entire cast of the show early yesterday informing them of the news.
“We decided yesterday that our best bet was to give ourselves a little breathing room,” Andy wrote. “I would rather get the show right than rush it to air.” Andy also warned the cast not to tweet about it until Bravo made the official announcement.
Sources tell the Post that following good ratings for its drama-filled Beverly Hills counterpart, the producers simply felt the New York show didn’t have enough drama to satisfy viewers. “They wanted the ladies to fight like cats and dogs, but they got along,” said a source. “[But] they are now freaking out that they’ll get fired for being boring and replaced by more fiery women.”
The NYDailyNews also confirms the Post’s story adding the cast was informed of the change just hours before it became public news. Bravo also reportedly received negative feedback following the sneak peeks they aired this week during the RHOBH. The final reason for the change? Bravo “thinks ‘Miami’ is more like ‘Beverly Hills‘” and bets fans of the latter, which just ended its season, will “piggyback” onto “Miami.”
The cast of the show are however giving a different reason for the sudden cancellation. Both Simon van Kempen and Alex McCord tweeted yesterday that Bravo simply needed more time to finish the editing considering they were still filming just a week ago.
In an interview with Star magazine, Sonja Morgan gives the same reason. “I think they feel like they have such good stuff, they don’t want to waste it. They want to make sure it’s done properly. Personally, I’m relieved. It gives me more time to relax, especially considering Ramona [Singer] and I were shooting seven times a week. They’ll have Miami go out first and when they’re done, we’re up.”
Sonja added, “they need some more time to edit. We’ve filmed like crazy, more than ever, and we’re seven ladies so they have a lot of footage to go through.” Safe to assume they “filmed like crazy” because Bravo wasn’t happy with the footage they saw more than halfway through filming.
As for Bravo, Andy released this official statement – “No conspiracy here, folks. We have an embarrassment of riches with Miami and New York, and I assure you that ‘the Real Housewives of NYC’ will be well worth the wait.” The new season is now slated to air in April or May.
TELL US – WHICH STORY DO YOU BELIEVE REGARDING WHY THE SHOW WAS POSTPONED? WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE SNEAK PEEKS?