Will they or won’t they… be one of the only Bachelorette couples to marry! Former BacheloretteAshley Hebert and her fiancé JP Rosenbaum are still engaged but they have no plans to walk down the aisle just yet.
The couple spoke to US Weekly at ASPCA’s “Blessing of the Animals” in NYC this Sunday and the couple, along with their dog, Boo, confirmed they are still happy but there’s no wedding date set! “Well, I’m almost done with school. I just have a week and a half [left],” Ashley explained. “I think once that’s done I can start turning my attention elsewhere.”
The couple is still happily engaged and enjoying their time living together in NYC. “We really are best friends, [so] just being together is a lot to look forward to,” Ashley said of their relationship, adding that the couple “looks forward to building our lives together.”
JP echoed that they just “want to wait for the right time” before walking down the aisle. The right time like when ABC schedules their nuptials??
And Ashley is happy about her rejected former beau Ben Flajnik‘s turn on The Bachelor. “He’s a really good guy,” Ashley said. “We both really respect him. I hope he has better… You know, a better experience than I gave him.”
Speaking of Ben, an extended trailer for his upcoming season of The Bachelor has just been released and it promises bachelorettes at war (literally), covert activity, plenty of crying, and a very, very crazy villainess in the form of Courtney Robertson, a model from AZ who tries to seduce Ben by skinnydipping! A photo of Courtney is below.
See the trailer below! C’mon you know your secretly excited — What’s better than a reality TV trainwreck that’s all in good fun?
[Photo Credit: WENN.com]
SO, DO YOU THINK ASHLEY AND JP WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT DOWN THE AISLE? ARE YOU EXCITED BY THE TRAILER FOR BEN’S SEASON OF THE BACHELOR?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE THE DRAMATIC TRAILER!
Bloggers beware! In today’s surprising news the producers of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are suing the popular blogger realitysteve.com for soliciting information to be used for leaking spoilers about their hit shows!
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in California Federal Court NZK Productions and Alternative Television, Inc — the producers of the shows — are claiming the defendant, blogger Steve Carbone (a.k.a. realitysteve) is ” attempting to have contestants breach their confidentiality pledges.” The website has leaked such high-profile information as the location of the shows, the final three, the winners, even going so far as to disclose the participants before ABC officially releases the cast list. In exchange for realitysteve contacting participants for classified gossip they want at least $75,000 in damages.
Participants in the ABC shows are required to sign contracts barring them from divulging “non-public” information about the shows. Realitysteve is accused of learning “confidential information” about the series by “contacting and soliciting information from participants, cast, crew, and other employees of the series.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, show employees are told that they will face high penalties upwards of a million dollars for disclosing the info, but according to the suit Carbone “allegedly contacted them with knowledge they were subject to confidentiality obligations.” Supporting this claim, the producers have included an email supposedly sent by realitysteve to a Bachelor contestant on Nov 17. It reads:
“Let me just say, I’m very well aware of your contract. I also know that over 500 contestants have been on this show and not one of them has ever been sued for the $5 million. It’s just a scare tactic. Trust me. Just like they had no idea you sent me that last email, they’ll have no idea about any correspondence either. I know you’re scared and a little paranoid by it, but don’t be. Unless they are hacking your email or tapping your phone, there’s absolutely no way for them to find out.”
In exchange for providing him with information, realitysteve allegedly offered the participant $2,500 if she were willing to breach her contract. “Since you are a student, and I know you have loans up the ying-yang, I’d be willing to compensate you… I swear, this is the easiest money you’d ever make and you and I are the only two people that would know.”
The producers claim this is not an isolated incident and include several other examples of where realitysteve contacted participants and former participants for information to further his site. According to the producers realitysteve was sent more than one cease and desist letters, which were ignored, before they sought legal action against the blogger for “intentional interference with contractual relations and unfair competition and demanding at least $75,000 in damages and an injunction.”
It is interesting to note that despite the producers so-called ire that realitysteve referred to their confidentiality contracts as “scare-tactics” they are not seeking damages against any of the show participants who broke their own contracts!
Rebutting against the lawsuit realitysteve posted a “statement” about claims and insists: “I have not been served a lawsuit, nor have I even seen this lawsuit, so I have no specific comment at this time.”
Instead he posted the communication he received from the production companys’ attorneys. realitysteve’s attorney, Brad Kizzia, insists there has been “no interference” with participants’ contracts and alludes to the website seeking legal action against the plantiffs! “For your clients to sue Mr. Carbone would be unnecessary – at best a waste of the parties time and expense and at worst, an illegal slap action attempting to deny Mr. Carbone’s First Amendment rights.”
Well, this is all very interesting! And in case you weren’t awareBen Flajnik‘s season of The Bachelor premieres next month…
[Photo Credit: WENN.com]
THOUGHTS? DO THE PRODUCERS HAVE A RIGHT TO SUE REALITYSTEVE FOR LEAKING SPOILERS ABOUT THEIR SHOW? SHOULD THEY BE TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE PARTICIPANTS THAT LEAK INFORMATION INSTEAD? DO YOU BELIEVE THIS A FRIVILOUS LAWSUIT TO GENERATE PUBLICITY FOR THE SHOW OR IS THAT JUST ME?
Last week we reported that Ali Fedotowsky andRoberto Martinez had officially split and called off their engagement. Well, Ali is speaking out about what went wrong in their relationship and why she decided to break things off for good!
“I wouldn’t be being truthful if I said this came out of nowhere,” Ali reveals. “We definitely had been having problems. But I had always believed that we could work it out.” Apparently the couple had a lot of conflicting ideas about life, as well as some pretty big personality differences.
Speaking to People, Ali reveals that the couple who met and became engaged on her season of The Bacherlorette were ready to wed “right away,” but started having problems almost immediately after moving in together! Shortly after announcing their relationship to the world, Ali and Roberto moved to San Diego, CA together where Roberto was starting his own insurance office. Unfortunately for Ali the move left her feeling isolated, she struggled to find a career and only managed to find part-time work as a news correspondent. So, being stalked by the paparazzi and being an ABC talking head isn’t a career? Good to know…
We were trying to establish ourselves individually,” Ali explains. “But a relationship should be solid regardless of circumstances.” Additionally, Roberto wanted Ali to be the stay-at-home wifey type instead of focusing on her own career. “Roberto seemed bothered that Ali was career-minded and had a social life,” an insider confides to the mag. “He is very old-fashioned when it comes to a woman’s places.”
Ali attempted to be who Roberto wanted her to be, but it left her feeling stifled. Aren’t these things you’re supposed to discuss, you know, before becoming engaged? “I helped him build his business, and I’d bring him lunch all of the time,” she shares. “I was so supportive of him.”
“A lot of times what I wanted to do and what he wanted to do didn’t match up,” she says, describing their opposite personalities. “One of us was always compromising with the other, or we both ended up not doing what we wanted and staying home.”
Unfortunately bringing Roberto lunch just wasn’t enough and the couple started fighting all the time. “In the past six months, he kind of lost it,” the insider adds. “He’d be really good and sweet in public, but their fights could be explosive.”
And Ali’s knee surgery was apparently the last straw in their already bumpy relationship! “It really affected us,” she reveals. “I couldn’t really be active like I wanted to be. I hit a low.”
After postponing their wedding twice to work out their issues, the problems actually increased and eventually the couple just decided to take a trial separation. Ali moved in with a friend and “at the end of the day we both realized we were unhappy more than we were happy.”
“And we both deserved more,” she adds. “I just knew that we needed to go separate ways. Something inside both of us said we still had more figuring out to do. We take marriage very seriously. It’s not something we were going to do and just hope it works out.”
Well, poor Roberto is apparently “devastated” that Ali called off their engagement! “He really thought this would last and that they’d get married,” a different source discloses.
While their chances of walking down the aisle are pretty much over, Ali is having difficulty returning the $50,000 Neil Lane engagement ring. In order to stretch custody of the pricey piece a little longer, Ali is still speaking to Roberto “daily.” Perhaps ABC is hoping they will work it out so another TV wedding can commence!
Ali has no hard feelings about appearing on the show and starting a relationship with Roberto! “I found real, true love, and I’m grateful that I had that experience,” she says tearfully. “There’s no hate. I still love him, and I always will. But what matters is how we feel, and we both knew it wasn’t right.”
Now that her time as half of a happy and surviving Bachelorette couple is over Ali has no idea what to do next! “I literally don’t even know where I want to live, never mind what I want to do.”
Hopefully she’ll figure it out! Roberto has yet to comment on the break-up, but according to his Twitter as of early November things seemed good between the couple.
THOUGHTS ON ALI’S INTERVIEW? ARE YOU SURPRISED THE COUPLE HAD SUCH DIFFICULTY MAKING THINGS WORK? DID YOU BELIEVE THEY WOULD GET MARRIED?
Ben Flajnik, the 29-year-old wine-maker from Sonoma, CA will begin his quest shortly for a wife! ABC has just announced the sixteenth season of The Bachelor will debut this January. They are officially 0-15 so let’s hope they can get a success under their belt with Bachelor Ben’s romantic, sensitive ways.
After getting his heart broken by BacheloretteAshley Hebert in the most boring season ever, Ben has the chance to redeem himself as 25 women try desperately to woo him for their chance at fifteen minutes of fame finding love.
Describing Ben as a “rare, modern Renaissance man,” he is hoping he can meet a woman that loves music, wine and his dog. The former music production major with a minor in business from University of Arizona initially found success working in Internet advertising. However, he decided to turn his love of wine into a full-time business and now co-owns a winery that produces multiple brands.
This three-time loser in love is “confident” the fourth times a charm and he will “find his soul mate and a lasting, love-filled relationship” on the show. Ben has very high expectations!
Ben plans to remain in California for both his family and his winery, thus whatever woman he chooses better be ready to relocate! She also must deal with his mom and sister — which based on Ashley’s home visit with him –- is going to be tough to handle! Be ready for lots of excitement along the way in Ben’s quest for love (spoilers are reporting a surprise visit from a past-season’s Bachelor contestant that has a crush on Ben!).
The new season of The Bachelor will premier on ABC — Jan 2, 2012 (8/9 ET).
WILL YOU BE WATCHING? ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT BEN AS THE BACHELOR?
For those of you who have been waiting patiently for the wedding of former Bachelorette, Ali Fedotowsky and super-hot fiancé, Roberto Martinez you may be waiting a long time. A very long time.
A new report states the couple, who met on The Bachelorette, aren’t quite the lovebirds they pretend to be! The televised wedding between Ali and Roberto was planned for this summer, but Ali postponed the ceremony after a kickboxing injury left her on crutches; stating she didn’t want to “limp down the aisle.”
Ali’s injuries have since healed, but her relationship? Well, it seems pretty broken. “Their relationship has been tumultuous since day one,” a friend tells US Weekly, claiming Ali, 27, and Roberto, 28, “bring out the worst in each other.”
“They’re either extremely happy or they can’t stand each other,” the friend explains of their off-TV dynamic. Ali is “miserable in the relationship and he is too,” the friend continues.
As for what is causing the misery in their relationship, the source cites jealousy on Roberto’s end, “big-time fights” and long work hours as part of the reason the couple is so unhappy. The couple is still living together in San Diego, but have yet to announce a new date for their nuptials.
Well, I guess we’ll all have to hope that Ashley and JP at least make it. As of now they are supposedly walking down the aisle in a Made-For-TV wedding.
Photo credit: Adriana M. Barraza / WENN.com
Are you surprised Ali and Roberto aren’t happy? Do you think they will work out their differences and tie the knot or not?
Poor Ashley Hebert…she’s looking for love on the Bachelorette but can’t seem to catch a break. We have watched the train wreck that is Bentley Williams all but derail her quest to find her Prince Charming, and then a report came out stating the man she chose aka her fiance is a womanizer.
So are the remaining suitors as perfect as they seem? On the most recent episode, Ames Brown, the Manhattan financier who seems shy yet smooth, gains flirty points with Ashley for a lame make-out session in an elevator. He is also riding on his sympathy points from two episodes ago when he got a concussion during a round of Thai boxing. I don’t know about you, but I think that had Ames not gone to the hospital, he wouldn’t have been around this week for me to blog about on Reality Tea.
As skeletons of the final guys come running out of their closets, those closest to them are quick to send their warnings to Ashley…all out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they want to see themselves quoted in a tabloid. Case in point, an ex-girlfriend of Ames’ reveals to Life and Style, that while he did graduate from an Ivy League School, he’s hardly the “portfolio manager” his Bachelorette bio proclaims.
The mystery lady says, “Ames never has real jobs. He just gets degrees and travels around.” To that I say, why is that bad? He clearly has the funds to do what he wants, so what if Ashley has to spend a couple years traveling with her over-educated, under-employed world-traveling husband? I mean, besides the fact that he can’t handle a punch and seems slightly awkward in social situations, what’s the problem?
And it doesn’t end there…from the over-educated to the over-excited, people from Ryan Park’spast are coming forward to explain that over-eager solar energy executive from California (who is not well liked among his fellow cast mates, to put it nicely) is only on the show to promote himself. A source reveals, “He broke up with his girlfriend right before he went on the show because he told her he wasn’t ready to get married and didn’t feel like marriage was in his future.” Hmmm…it makes sense to do that before going on a show where you don’t win money or vacations or excessive material things, but instead you are trying to win A SPOUSE.
We’ll all have to wait and see if these accusations have a grain of truth or if some scorned ex-girlfriends are just looking for their fifteen minutes seconds of fame. Regardless, I’ll bet that Bentley is thanking his lucky stars that he won’t be the only one with sketchy motives when the guys are put in Chris Harrison’s hot seat on The Men Tell All.
The show is on hiatus tonight. It returns next week with the all new interview with Emily Maynard.
TELL US – DO YOU BELIEVE SOME OF ASHLEY’S GUYS ARE THERE FOR THE WRONG REASONS?
The last seasons of both The Bachelor and Bachelorette have both ended with a bang, as Bachelorette winner Ed Swiderski seems to be sleeping with everyone including his fiancé Jillian Harris and two ex-girlfriends – Bethany SteffenandLindsey Johnson. Despite all the cheating accusations surrounding Ed and Jillian, the Bachelor producers are already casting for the next season of the Bachelor.
There have been rumors that Jake Pavelka, Reid Rosenthal or Kiptyn Locke will likely be the next Bachelor. These three are all fan favorites from this season of The Bachelorette. The Bachelor Producer, Mike Fleiss, has now confirmed one of the three will be the next Bachelor to Entertainment Tonight. “When the new season of The Bachelor premieres, look for Reid, Kiptyn or Jake to be handing out the red roses,” says Fleiss.
While the producers have yet to announce when the next Bachelor will be revealed, we can definitely continue to count on both Ed and Jillian to keep us occupied with the cheating/break up allegations.
According to our polls, you all want Reid to be the next Bachelor. I guess we will wait and see.