Michael Voltaggio has been crowned the new winner of Top Chef’s Season 6.
Michael beat out the other 2 finalists, his brother BryanVoltaggio, and Kevin Gillespie, a chef from Atlanta. Michael was named the Top Chef champ after serving the judges an impressive four-course menu in California wine country that showed his creativity and technical talent.
Kevin was the first sent home out of the final 3, leaving the two brothers to battle it out for the win. At the end of the day, the judges felt Michael was the stronger of the two.
Michael wins $225,000 in cash and merchandise, a spread in Food & Wine magazine and a showcase at the annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Colorado. “I wish both of us could win,” Michael said of his brother, breaking into tears when their mother walked out.
TELL US – WERE YOU HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS? WHO WERE YOU ROOTING FOR?
Kelly also decided to show off her gymnastic skills as she proceeded to do some cartwheels on the beach shore.
As we reported earlier, the 44-year-old former model will be stripping down for Playboy magazine. “It’s the ultimate compliment and every woman’s dream. You get to be a sex symbol and work with top people in the business. It’s such an honor,” says Kelly on posing for Playboy.
Danielle Staub recently went to court in an attempt to get Ashley Holmes, the 19 year old daughter of co-star Jacqueline Laurita, arrested for pulling out her hair extensions during filming last month.
According to NJ.com, Danielle also wants to file charges against Jacqueline, her one-time close friend but with whom she had a falling-out with towards the end of last season. Danielle claims that she had gotten into an argument with Jacqueline, during which Jacqueline’s teenaged daughter Ashley pulled her hair and ripped out clumps of her hair extensions. All of this is revealed in a filed police report.
Ashley confessed to pulling Danielle’s hair but claimed she did it because she thought Danielle hit her mother. Jacqueline denied being hit by Danielle according to the same police report. The report also reveals Police found Danielle “very emotional and rather incoherent” but she wouldn’t file a report. They told her that she could file a simple assault complaint.
Danielle was back in court Thursday afternoon for an hearing that will decide whether or not she can file charges. Teresa Giudice is also said to have been present during the fight, but did not get involved.
UPDATE: Danielle dropped her complaints against Teresa and Jaqueline in court on Thursday. However, the judge issued a summons against Ashley Holmes on charges of harassment and simple assault, both disorderly persons offenses. Ashley was not present in court.
The National Enquirer has a story out about Raquel Curtin, daughter of Lynn Curtin of the Real Housewives of Orange County. Raquel made her debut on the show last year and was infamous for her underage drinking on national television. Following in her footsteps is her younger 17 year old sister, Alexis Curtin, who asked her mother if she could have a drink on the second episode of the current season.
According to the Enquirer story, the 19 year old is even more wild and out of control. The mag obtained exclusive photos of Raquel as she boozes it up even though she’s underage, kisses a girl and poses seductively in skimpy clothing. One of the photos is below.
The most troubling part of the story are photos in the magazine that show clearly visible cuts on her wrists. “Raquel has cut her wrists with razor blades a number of times, usually after a fight with her boyfriend or when she’s depressed,” a close friend reveals.
The “friend” continues, “Even though Raquel is under age and can’t legally drink, that doesn’t stop her. She’ll drink almost anything you put in front of her, but she prefers Grey Goose vodka and champagne.”
Apparently, Raquel isn’t shy about showing off her body either. “She’s usually the first one to start taking off her clothes after a few drinks. One time she stripped down to her G-string and bar patrons drank shots off her body,” says the friend.
The friend also reveals that Raquel is depressed. “Raquel is depressed a lot of the time,” divulged the friend. “She was mortified when her family received an eviction notice on TV.”
Yes, they may flip tables and call each other crack whores, but one thing they would never do is crash a White House party. “It’s a little crazy,” Teresa Giudicetold Us Weekly at the My Hero Gala in NYC Tuesday. “I wouldn’t go to any place I wasn’t invited to. It’s poor etiquette. It’s not my style.”
“There are plenty of ways to get your 15 minutes,” said Caroline Manzo. “I thought it was irresponsible — very irresponsible. We are at a time of war and what message does that send to those who want to do us harm?”
Dina Manzo, who is rumored to not be returning for a 2nd season, also chimed in. “I don’t care if it’s the White House or your next door neighbor and you’re not invited, you don’t show up,” she said. “It’s really not the right thing to do.”
The now infamous White House party crashers spoke out for the first time this morning on NBC’s The Today Show. BravoTV, creators of the Real Housewives Franchise, is also owned by NBC Universal, the parent company of NBC.
Michaeleand Tareq Salahitold the “Today” show Tuesday that there’s more to their side of the story — an explanation that would exonerate them from allegations of misconduct in the breach of White House security. When asked to expand on the explanation, they failed to, claiming they wanted to would wait until the Secret Service was done investigating. However, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, appearing on the same program, insisted the Salahis had not been invited.
Tareq Salahi said he and his wife were cooperating with the Secret Service in its investigation of the incident. And he said they both have “great respect” for President Barack Obama. “We’re greatly saddened by all the circumstances … portraying my wife and I as party crashers. I can tell you we did not party-crash the White House,” Salahi said.
The couple also made it clear they were not being paid for their Today Show interview, and also denied the recent AP news story which alleged they were looking to cash in on their new “fame.”
In other news, a different report claims Bravo might be having second thoughts about casting the Salahis to appear on their upcoming show, the Real Housewives of Washington D.C. According to Popeater, a huge fight erupted within Bravo’s New York offices yesterday over what to do with accused White House crashers. Andy Cohen, host and Senior Vice president of Original Programming of Bravo, is said to be worried about the reputation of his Emmy nominated network. Allegedly, Andy wants no part of the fame hungry couple and wants them axed from the upcoming ‘Real Housewives of DC.
A Bravo spokes person said, “The decision as to who will be included in ‘The Real Housewives of D.C.’ will not be made for several months.”
If this story is true about Bravo wanting no part of the Salahis, then it would make them appear a bit hypocritical, considering the success of their housewives franchise is based solely on casting posers, fakers, wannabes, and fame hungry women. The Salahis fit right in with the formula they created for their hit series. In my opinion, it would be borderline idiotic to remove these two from the show, as long as Bravo was unaware of their party crashing scheme, I say leave them on the show. The ratings will go through the roof. And at the end of the day, isn’t that what Bravo wants?
TELL US – DO YOU THINK BRAVO SHOULD AXE THE SALAHIS FROM THE SHOW?
They both brought along their significant others, as Jim Bellino and Slade Smiley were also in attendance. According to Alexis, she hit it off with Gretchen and Tamra Barney during the filming of the 5th season. The only housewife she clashed with was Vicki. Alexis has still yet to comment on the starting details revealed by her ex husband in an interview given to Star magazine a week ago.
In a recent interview, Gretchen also spoke fondly of Alexis. “We’ve become really good friends,” she said. “I like her a lot…She’s cool people.”
Before meeting Donn Gunvalson, her husband for the past 15 years, Vicki says her first marriage was fraught with emotional and verbal abuse, nearly getting physical at one point.
In an interview with Life & Style magazine, Vicki reveals she was just 21 when she married her first husband, Michael J. Wolfsmith. By the time she was 23, she had already given birth to a son, Michael, now 23, and was pregnant with her second child, daughter Briana, now 22. According to Vicki, Michael “was an alcoholic. He abused me verbally. He had many affairs during our marriage.” She recalls one horrifying incident while she was holding her baby Michael on her lap, “he went to hit me,” Vicki says. While he didn’t end up striking her, she was consumed with fear. “I was 23 years old and pregnant for the second time,” Vicki recalls. “I was really scared.
Vicki divorced him when she was 29. Vicki explains those six years, “were filled with screaming. I had to be his mother. I’d throw cold water on him to wake him up for work. It was a very hard life.” Vicki had a revelation as she approached age 30. “It was a pivotal point in my life,” she explains. “I didn’t want to live my 30s the way I’d lived my 20s. I wasn’t happy. I wasn’t loved.”
Vicki’s ex husband denied the allegations when contacted by Life & Style magazine. “I had bouts with alcohol, but it was not a problem,” he says. He also says he never cheated on Vicki or abused her emotionally or physically.