Bravo has one more reason to bring us a 2nd season of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, the Tuesday night finale showdown delivered the network a record 4.6 million viewers! That is the highest ratings ever for any of their housewives series, surpassing both the OC and New York franchises.
In other news, Andy Cohen, the host of the Housewives reunion shows recently spoke out about the New Jersey reunion. Andy says the reunion lasted well over 6 hours, “I threw out a grenade, let it go, and said, ‘OK, ladies,’” Cohen says. “And it exploded multiple times. I had shrapnel. I went home, drank a bottle of wine and watched “Schindler’s List” to relax.” Can’t wait to watch that reunion.
When it rains, it pours. Just when we thought the worst was over for Danielle Staub, comes news that her ex boyfriend is trying to sell a sex tape, and expicit photos of her. The ex is Steve Zalewski, the 26 year old boytoy that appeared on The Real Housewives of New Jersey with her. You know, the balding one that looked older than Danielle.
In an exclusive interview with Star, Steve, now 27, says his 46-year-old ex was sex-crazed. “Not only does she want to have sex all the time, but she loves the thrill of doing it in public places, where she might get caught,” he says.
“She wanted to make love in restaurant bathrooms basically every time we went out — she’d get all excited and say, ‘The people can hear you doing it outside!’”
Steve alleges the two had a bad breakup, due in part to her always borrowing money from him. “She tries to look affluent,” he says. “But sometimes she couldn’t pay the household bills or buy food. Even then, she’d want to borrow 20 grand from me to buy jewelry!”
Now Steve is considering recouping some money by selling steamy naked videos of Danielle! “I’m definitely weighing my options as far as selling them and getting them out there. She cost me so much money, why shouldn’t I make a few dollars?”
What a sleaze bag, Danielle has got to make better choices about the men she dates, and brings into her daughters’ lives. There’s just something very tragic and sad about this woman. She seems to be trying REALLY hard to be Samantha from Sex and The City, not being able to separate fiction from reality.
The only good thing she seems to have going for her are her two daughters, who both seem to have very good head on their shoulders.
The drama of the Real Housewives of New Jersey continues even though the first season has “ended.” Dina Manzo spoke to US about the infamous book drama, claiming she had no intention of talking about the book on the show. Umm right Dina. The infamous book is the “Cop Without A Badge” book written by Danielle’s ex husband, Kevin Maher.
Dina says, “I would like to make it perfectly clear that we did not research the book, as my sister [Caroline Manzo] has said,” she continued. “It was given to us, and we didn’t even want it as a storyline on the show at all. We felt it was a little too serious to be part of a lighthearted reality show.”
“But Danielle chose to put it on the show for whatever reasons, and we need to respect that,” continues Dina. “It’s a book about her, and we did not research, nor did we spread it around. It was all Danielle’s doing.”
Teresa adds, “Watch the episode. Danielle brought [the book] to the show, not us.”
Not sure if I believe any word that comes out of Dina’s mouth at this point, especially after last night’s episode. She continues to deny spreading the book around town.
The finale of Bravo’sThe Real Housewives of New Jersey just finished airing, in what is arguably the most dramatic episode ever of The Real Housewives franchise.
Thoughts on this episode -
1) I was very impressed with Caroline trying to make some peace, and giving Danielle a chance to speak her mind.
2) Danielle, oh Danielle, had absolutely no business bringing that book to the dinner table. Just when you start to feel sorry for her, she pulls this stunt. It was good to see her attempt to stand up for herself, but she chose the wrong place and time.
3) Very surprised to see Jacqueline stand up to Dina, and defend Danielle. I choose to believe Jacqueline on this one. Dina comes across as the lying type. I believe Caroline was lying to protect her little sister.
4) Teresa was way out of line for the table flipping. Very unnecessary and just way over the top.
5) It was great seeing Jacqueline’s husband and brother to Caroline & Dina, Chris, speaking some sense at the end. He said it best when he said – “You’re all acting like a bunch of fools.”
6) With that said, I’m ready for season two. Jacqueline continues to remain my favorite. Caroline impressed me with this finale.