Above is a photo of the Real Housewives of Orange County stars Alexis Bellinoand Jim Bellino as they attended the “Scarface” Blu-Ray DVD Release Party hosted by Ciroc held at Belasco Theatre Los Angeles, California on August 23, 2011.
This all stems from the widely reported brawl that took place earlier this year when the RHONJ cast visited the Dominican Republic for a vacation which was being filmed for the Bravo hit show.
Adolfo Arreola (pictured above), an officer with the University of Illinois at Chicago’s police department, claims he suffered a broken arm, blurred vision, cuts and bruises after some members of the cast “savagely beat, kicked, punched, scratched, jumped” on him and smashed glass on his head, according to his lawsuit.
His cousin Jason A. Gomez (pictured below) also claims he suffered a broken leg and a torn MCL after he came to Adolfo’s defense.
In the lawsuit uncovered by the Chicago Tribune, Adolfo, 42, and his cousin allege that on the early morning of Feb. 23, they and their families were dancing and socializing at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino bar in Punta Cana when Teresa sprayed champagne on Adolfo’s mother-in-law and mocked the 53-year-old woman as she tried to wipe the alcohol from her eyes. They allege other cast members stood around her laughing at the incident.
Adolfo states that after that, he confronted Teresa, and was attacked by cast members that included her husband,Joe Giudice, and sons of Caroline – Albieand Chris Manzo. Bravo is named in the lawsuit as well as Albie & Chris’s roommate Gregory Bennett. The earlier reports that came out stated Joe was “beating on the guy” and struck a male patron with glass.
However, this is where things get a little tricky as Adolfo acknowledges in the lawsuit that two days after the encounter on Feb. 25, he and his cousin signed an agreement agreeing to drop the matter in exchange for $25,000 apiece as long as they agreed never to sue or talk about the incident publicly.
In fact, the cousins immediately paid $8,000 to their Dominican lawyer though they claim they never cashed their $17,000 cut. Adolfo and Jason are however now claiming they signed that agreement under duress so that they could get their passports back and leave the country. Their lawyer is asking a court to declare the release invalid. It’s not clear where the money came from but it might be safe to assume it came from Bravo. It was also reported a while back that the network had no plans to air any of the fight footage.
Adolfo claims he underwent surgery on his right arm and is now undergoing physical therapy. And as for those reports that stated he punched Teresa in the face, Adolfo denies those claims.
More pictures below of Adolfo and his cousin Jason’s injuries.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LAWSUIT? DO YOU THINK IT HAS ANY MERIT?
TMZ reported over 2 weeks ago that some of the Real Housewives of New Jersey cast members got into a bar brawl during a visit to the Dominican Republic, which was being filmed by Bravo for the third season.
Just how serious was this bar brawl? Well let’s just say it was serious enough for the overseas cops to detain Joe, Albie and Christopher along with their roommate Gregory Bennett.
The drama began on February 23 at about 1am when cast members including Caroline and her husband Albert, Teresa and Joe, Jacqueline and Chris Laurita, newbies Kathy and Richy Wakile, Melissa and Joe Gorga, plus the Manzo children (Chris, Albie, and Lauren) visited the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
While the police isn’t certain about who started the fight, sources reveal the bar brawl ensued after the NJ Housewives’ group popped open a bottle of champagne, accidentally spraying surrounding patrons, including the male patrons involved in the fight.
“Everyone was involved. It became a massive scene,” said a source. “Usually when there’s a fight we take one guy, but this time we took everybody,” a police representative told Radar.
The physical fight involved about eight people including Joe, Albie, Christopher and Gregory, who were reportedly defending the women. The source reveals Joe was “beating on the guy” and struck a male patron with glass. This coincides with the TMZ report which also stated someone involved grabbed a drinking glass and smashed it over a man’s head.
According to the police, it was the injured male patrons who made the complaint to them. The two injured patrons were Americans Adolfo Arriolla, who had a fracture in his arm, and Jason Gomez, who suffered a fracture in his leg and scratches on his face. There were other injured parties who suffered bruises.
The authorities took the complaint seriously as the two injured patrons along with Joe, Albie, Christopher and Gregory were detained and taken to the police station where their passports were seized.
Everyone detained was ultimately released the afternoon of Wednesday, February 23 when local attorneys helped smooth over the situation and a verbal agreement was reached between all parties. No charges were filed according to police. A photo of Teresa, Joe, Christopher and Lauren from the trip is below.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST WITH THE NJ HOUSEWIVES CAST? ARE YOU AS EXCITED ABOUT THE THIRD SEASON AS WE ARE?