Bravo has one more reason to bring us a 2nd season of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, the Tuesday night finale showdown delivered the network a record 4.6 million viewers! That is the highest ratings ever for any of their housewives series, surpassing both the OC and New York franchises.
In other news, Andy Cohen, the host of the Housewives reunion shows recently spoke out about the New Jersey reunion. Andy says the reunion lasted well over 6 hours, “I threw out a grenade, let it go, and said, ‘OK, ladies,’” Cohen says. “And it exploded multiple times. I had shrapnel. I went home, drank a bottle of wine and watched “Schindler’s List” to relax.” Can’t wait to watch that reunion.
When it rains, it pours. Just when we thought the worst was over for Danielle Staub, comes news that her ex boyfriend is trying to sell a sex tape, and expicit photos of her. The ex is Steve Zalewski, the 26 year old boytoy that appeared on The Real Housewives of New Jersey with her. You know, the balding one that looked older than Danielle.
In an exclusive interview with Star, Steve, now 27, says his 46-year-old ex was sex-crazed. “Not only does she want to have sex all the time, but she loves the thrill of doing it in public places, where she might get caught,” he says.
“She wanted to make love in restaurant bathrooms basically every time we went out — she’d get all excited and say, ‘The people can hear you doing it outside!’”
Steve alleges the two had a bad breakup, due in part to her always borrowing money from him. “She tries to look affluent,” he says. “But sometimes she couldn’t pay the household bills or buy food. Even then, she’d want to borrow 20 grand from me to buy jewelry!”
Now Steve is considering recouping some money by selling steamy naked videos of Danielle! “I’m definitely weighing my options as far as selling them and getting them out there. She cost me so much money, why shouldn’t I make a few dollars?”
What a sleaze bag, Danielle has got to make better choices about the men she dates, and brings into her daughters’ lives. There’s just something very tragic and sad about this woman. She seems to be trying REALLY hard to be Samantha from Sex and The City, not being able to separate fiction from reality.
The only good thing she seems to have going for her are her two daughters, who both seem to have very good head on their shoulders.
The drama of the Real Housewives of New Jersey continues even though the first season has “ended.” Dina Manzo spoke to US about the infamous book drama, claiming she had no intention of talking about the book on the show. Umm right Dina. The infamous book is the “Cop Without A Badge” book written by Danielle’s ex husband, Kevin Maher.
Dina says, “I would like to make it perfectly clear that we did not research the book, as my sister [Caroline Manzo] has said,” she continued. “It was given to us, and we didn’t even want it as a storyline on the show at all. We felt it was a little too serious to be part of a lighthearted reality show.”
“But Danielle chose to put it on the show for whatever reasons, and we need to respect that,” continues Dina. “It’s a book about her, and we did not research, nor did we spread it around. It was all Danielle’s doing.”
Teresa adds, “Watch the episode. Danielle brought [the book] to the show, not us.”
Not sure if I believe any word that comes out of Dina’s mouth at this point, especially after last night’s episode. She continues to deny spreading the book around town.
The finale of Bravo’sThe Real Housewives of New Jersey just finished airing, in what is arguably the most dramatic episode ever of The Real Housewives franchise.
Thoughts on this episode -
1) I was very impressed with Caroline trying to make some peace, and giving Danielle a chance to speak her mind.
2) Danielle, oh Danielle, had absolutely no business bringing that book to the dinner table. Just when you start to feel sorry for her, she pulls this stunt. It was good to see her attempt to stand up for herself, but she chose the wrong place and time.
3) Very surprised to see Jacqueline stand up to Dina, and defend Danielle. I choose to believe Jacqueline on this one. Dina comes across as the lying type. I believe Caroline was lying to protect her little sister.
4) Teresa was way out of line for the table flipping. Very unnecessary and just way over the top.
5) It was great seeing Jacqueline’s husband and brother to Caroline & Dina, Chris, speaking some sense at the end. He said it best when he said – “You’re all acting like a bunch of fools.”
6) With that said, I’m ready for season two. Jacqueline continues to remain my favorite. Caroline impressed me with this finale.
The Real Housewives of New Jersey’sCaroline Manzo is speaking out on the revelations of Danielle Staub’s past. Last night’s episode showed Caroline and Dina Manzo dropping a bombshell: Their family discovered a book, Cop Without a Badge, that alleges that Danielle was arrested for extortion and involved with a kidnapping plot, drugs and stripping.
Caroline discusses her role in the revelation, and her thoughts on the allegations in her new interview. Below are some excepts -
Let’s talk about this book. You mentioned your niece found it. What’s the backstory?
This is something that literally fell into our laps. We had no reason to believe that Danielle was somebody other than [who] she represented herself to be. And my niece did tell us about it. When something this explosive falls into your lap, for anyone to just dismiss it would be foolish. It’s beyond catty gossip. There are a lot of facets to this story that can affect us in a negative way.
What do you mean by that? Were you concerned with your reputation if you associated with her?
I don’t care about reputation. What happened in the past is her business. I certainly don’t judge anybody. It was a safety concern. Nothing more.
You mean you don’t trust Danielle around young children?
Who would? Come on, let’s think about it: Would you put your child in a situation like that? Until we know the truth, you have to just act reasonably.
Did you tell Jacqueline flat-out to end her friendship with Danielle?
It seems to be the image that we don’t allow her to [know] outsiders and other friends. That’s so not true. However, Jacqueline looks at the world through rose-colored glasses. Something like this, you have to look at the situation and say, “I understand you want to give this person the benefit of the doubt, and I commend you for that. However, please, please look at this with your eyes wide open.” And that’s just what we did.
As a mother, what are your thoughts about Danielle putting herself on a reality show knowing that her daughters will have to face this?
That’s Danielle’s issue. I’m not going to tell anybody else how to parent. We certainly have vast differences in our parenting decisions. I just hope that [her] children can get past this because they’re the ones who suffer.
I can personally understand why Caroline and Dina might have felt the need to “investigate” Danielle’s past, but I do not agree with them feeling the need to alert the whole town about the book – if they did indeed do that as alleged by Danielle.
Tell Us – What Are Your Thoughts Regarding Last Night’s Episode?
The Real Housewives of NJ’sDanielle Staub is finally breaking her silence on her criminal past. You know, the one that includes drugs, stripping, prostitution, kidnapping, Colombian cartels and a mugshot to boot of course. (The above photo is of Danielle and a very pregnant Teresa taken this week as they leave a NY studio, interesting.)
Danielle appeared on the Today show this morning along with the other NJ housewives – Caroline and Dina Manzo, and a pregnant Teresa Giudice.When asked about her past, Danielle claimed everything would be cleared up in time.
“I can only touch on [the rumors],” Danielle, 46, said on the show. “I can just say, it’s out there and it will be addressed. And I will definitely touch on all the subjects that are crucially in need of touching on at the time when the time is right.” She continued, “Everybody has someone in their past or present that would like to say embellished, nasty things about them.”
Umm okay then Danielle. It’s a simple yes or no as to whether or not you were a prostitute/stripper/kidnapper. Jacquelinewas not able to make an appearance on the show due to her pregnancy, as she is due any day now.
A classy picture of Danielle autographing the rear of a random guy after the jump-
A lot of information has come out recently about NJ Housewives’ Danielle Staub. People gave a great summary of all allegations about Danielle from the book, Cop Without A Badge. The above mugshot also came from the book. All of the information below comes directly from this book. The story is told by Kevin Maher, an ex criminal who also happens to be Danielle’s ex.
1) The book reveals Danielle, 46, as a woman named Beverly Merrill, a one-time stripper with a criminal past.
2) Felon-turned-FBI informant named, Kevin Maher, says he met Danielle at a drug party in Miami in the ’80s.
3) Their meeting came after she was released on $10,000 bail following an arrest on charges that she was involved in the kidnapping of a man who owed her drug dealer friend money.
4) This led to Danielle and her dealer friend being caught by police and charged with extortion, kidnapping and possession after they failed to collect a ransom from their victim’s father.
5) Kevin Maher used his police connections to help get Danielle get a deal. She pleaded guilty only to the charge of extortion and was sentenced to five years probation.
6) Kevin and Danielle would go on to date and get married. The two would wound up separating as Kevin was still married to another woman, and did not like the fact that Danielle was still stripping.
7) Danielle’s real name is Beverly Merrill, but she went by the name Danielle when stripping. I’m guessing she later decided her stripper name was best once this book came out.
The book also exposes more secrets about Danielle’s aversion to wearing underwear, her drug use and sleeping with more than 1,000 men.
The book also includes more sensational reports about Merrill’s aversion to wearing underwear, her drug use and sleeping with more than 1,000 men.
Sighs, what are my thoughts on Danielle? I think Bethenny Frankel summed it up best when she blogged, “Danielle is the fascinating character with her many levels. She seems desperate and tragic, yet she is really upfront and honest which lessens the desire to loathe her.”