Admist the not so shocking news on last night’s episode revealing that Jon & Kate Gosselin are getting a divorce, comes news today that the show will be taking a break.
TLC announced today, that production has been halted on their hit show, Jon & Kate Plus 8. The reason being they do not have enough footage to put together new episodes because of the Gosselins’ marital turmoil. The decision is said to be solely that of TLC, and not of Jon & Kate.
It is also stated that next Monday’s episode will feature a clip package with some new footage, but the next all-new episode won’t air until August 3. The family, though divorcing, have no plans to quit the show. As Kate declared through tears on Monday’s episode, “the show must go on!”
We reported yesterday that Jon & Kate Gosselin were planning a big announcement on their upcoming Monday episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. Well RadarOnline is now confirming the big announcement is that they are getting a divorce.
Radar says that Kate recently met with a divorce lawyer, and Jon will file divorce papers next week.
Another source reveals that the couple had previously agreed to separate by July 15. But that timetable has now been pushed forward. According to the source, they had been talking divorce for quite some time and the decision was recently finalized to announce it.
This news will as non shocking to those who have been following this show for a while. Jon was caught cheating with 23 year old teacher, Deanna Hummel. While Kate was also rumored to be having an affair with her bodyguard, Steve Neild.
The two had continuosly spent time apart, including their recent 10 year anniversary. They were photographed together on Wednesday with their kids, for the first time in a while.
Below is a photo of the family from Wednesday –
TELL US – Do you think they are making the right choice by divorcing?