With the ratings of her TLC show continuing to decline, a new report states Kate Gosselin is worried about having to get a real job.
According to Popeater, Kate, 36, is going all out for the new season of her show in hopes that it will be a big success. “This season Kate has been told to bring her A-game,” a TV producer tells Popeater. “If her ratings drop to the 1 million mark this will be her last season, and then Kate would have to get a real job.”
Ratings for Kate Plus 8, her TLC show following her divorce from Jon Gosselin, has steadily averaged 1.6 million viewers per episode. A far cry from the staggering 10 million viewers that tuned in for the episode in which Jon and Kate formally announced their divorce.
“You are going to see Kate spend another night camping, but this time without Sarah Palin. You will see her explore Sydney, meet with aboriginals and even swim with sharks in an attempt to win back viewers,” adds the source.
Another source assures Popeater that TLC is still Team Kate. “TLC hadn’t really done ‘Kate Plus 8’ in a series way until now — it was just sporadic specials that people had trouble finding,” the source says. “TLC does believe in her.”
However, it seems Kate does have reason to be worried as the Monday night premiere episode of Kate Plus 8 only brought in 1.3 million viewers.
In other Kate news, TMZ is reporting that Kate is being sued after failing to pay $10,476 for marriage counseling services back in 2009.
Despite getting her divorce from Jon finalized in December 2009, it seems Kate had previously requested that one of the Pennsylvania-based counselors of Creative Energy Options company “fly to Los Angeles to perform marriage counseling, then refused to pay for service or travel fees.”
The company’s president, Dr. Sylvia Lafair, told TMZ they had reached out to Kate several times, but that she has yet to make any payments.