It seems Jon Gosselin has finally realized the whole world sees him as a douche, or perhaps it’s just that darn pesky threat of multi-million lawsuit by TLC, but it seems the Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad has taken a hint, and now only speaks out when he has something positive to say.
Jon released the following statement via his private twitter account concerning he’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin’s appearance on Dancing With The Stars. “Congratulations to Kate for joining the new season of DWTS. I am thrilled for her. She has my support and vote,” Jon, 32, wrote.
But it didn’t end there as he continued, “Here is to 2010 for new beginnings and leaving the past mistakes in 2009.”
A “source” however reveals to UsWeekly that’s Jon’s well wishes might not be genuine. “Jon’s angry because doing Dancing with the Stars will keep [Kate] away from the kids for days, and she still won’t let him have extra custody…Nannies will watch them instead of Jon,” declares the source.
Jon’s rep (yes he really has one) however denied this to UsWeekly, claiming Jon is truly happy for Kate.
• Astronaut Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa
• Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood
• ESPN’s Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
• 90210 star Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas
• TV mom Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani
• NFL star Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke
• Olympic gold medal figure skater Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya
• All My Children star Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska
• Singer Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough
• Reno 911 star Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel
• The Bachelor’s Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower
Though admitting she really “can’t dance,” Kate remained optimistic during her Monday appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! “I am gonna win,” predicted the Jon & Kate Plus 8 mom.
Kate admitted to being competitive and named Pamela Anderson and Pussycat Dolls’ Nicole Scherzinger as her biggest competitors. Kate showed her sense of humor when she jokingly said her advantage will be having her eight children vote for her.
“[Daughter] Mady asked if she can vote for me? I said, ‘Yes, please do,'” Gosselin told Kimmmel, adding that she told “the little kids” to vote too.
However, the question most people seem to be asking is how can Kate manage doing the show in LA and taking care of her eight children? Well Kate revealed she and her dancing partner Tony Dovlani, will travel back to her Wernersville, Pa., hometown where they will be practicing in her basement when the children are at school or asleep.
Kate will then travel to Los Angles two days a week to do the actual taping of the show.
One of the bigger cast surprises came when The Bachelor himself, Jake Pavelka was announced. Other surprises came in the form of 90210 actress Shannen Doherty, NFL Wide Receiver Chad Ochocinco, and Buzz Aldrin , 80, the second man to step foot on the moon. Buzz will also be the oldest man to ever compete on DWTS.
Other notable cast members include Nicole Scherzinger, leader of the girl pop group The Pussycat Dolls, comedian Niecy Nash from “Reno 911″ and Erin Andrews, the ESPN sports reporter who recently made headlines when it was discovered a peeping tom had secretly taped her.
The full cast list is below -
Pamela Anderson – Model and Actress
Chad Ochocinco – NFL player
Shannen Doherty – Actress
Kate Gosselin – Reality Star
Nicole Scherzinger -The Pussycat Dolls leader
Niecy Nash – Actress and Comedian
Buzz Aldrin – Astronaut
Evan Lysacek – Olympic Skating Figure Medalist
Erin Andrews -ESPN Sports Reporter
Aiden Turner – Soap Star
Jake Pavelka – The Bachelor Reality Star
The new season is set to premier March 22 on ABC.
The tenth season of “Dancing with the Stars” announced its cast during the commercial breaks of “The Bachelor” finale on Monday, March 1. As previously reported, Pamela Anderson is in, along with NFL star Chad Ochocinco. These two were the first to be revealed by host Tom Bergeron and ET correspondent Melissa Rycroft.
Though ABC is set to officially announce the new cast on tonight’s finale of The Bachelor, entertainment reporter and co-host of Los Angeles’ KEARTH 101’s morning show, Lisa Stanley, was able to confirm that the Jon & Kate Plus 8 mom is already in LA practicing her dance moves at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel “under a shroud of security.” Her eight kids are said to be back home in Pennsylvania.
This shouldn’t come as a big surprise as Kate, 34, previously revealed to Jay Leno on his prime-time show that she’d like to appear on DWTS, despite having two left feet. “I want to laugh at myself. I so cannot dance. It would be a sad sight,” she said.
In other DWTS news, TMZ is now confirming Paula Abdul has rejected ABC’s offer to have her appear on the show. As we previously reported, ABC had offered Paula a $1,000,000 development deal to do the show. According to TMZ, Paula is still in talks with American Idol judge Simon Cowell, about becoming a judge on his upcoming new show - The X Factor.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON KATE GOSSELIN APPEARING ON DWTS?
TLC and Jon Gosselinhave finally come to terms in their lawsuits against each other.
TLC released a statement today confirming it has reached a settled with theJon & Kate Plus 8 dad. “TLC has reached a settlement with Jon Gosselin and will be undertaking procedural steps to conclude the litigation. All terms of the settlement are confidential. The whole Gosselin family remain under contract with TLC,” TLC said in a statement released Wednesday.
This all started when Jon decided to ban TLC from filming his eight children last year citing an epiphany that she show was hurting them. Coincidentally this epiphany just happened to occur days after TLC announced it would no longer have Jon on the hit show, thus changing the name of the show to Kate Plus 8.
TLC alleged Jon had breached his contract and sued him. Jon in return filed a countersuit against TLC for millions. TLC won the first round as a Judge banned Jon from doing any interviews or paid appearances last December. We reported weeks ago that Jon was willing to allow TLC to film his kids again if they would drop their suit against him.
TLC’s Wednesday statement adds that “The whole Gosselin family remain under contract with TLC.”
Jon’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin’suntitled show is still set to debut sometime later this year on TLC. The program will not focus on the couple’s eight kids. No word yet on whether TLC will now continue with Kate Plus 8.
Jon’s attorney, Mark Heller, released the following statement -
“Jon has expressed his desire to close the litigation chapter of Jon & Kate Plus 8 and although all terms are confidential, he is hopeful that TLC will move forward with the best interests of the Gosselin family. Sometimes litigants that kiss and make up find their relationship is better the second time around. As Jon’s attorney I truly hope that this new adventure for TLC and the Gosselins is a much more joyful journey.”
Well well well, it seems there is good reason Jon Gosselin is wanting to settle his current lawsuit with TLC. As we reported this weekend, Jon is now willing to allow TLC to film his kids again as long as they drop their current suit against him.
TMZ is reporting the Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad wants to settle because he is simply too broke to fight TLC over the breach of contract lawsuit the network filed against him.
According to sources, Jon is not doing well financially, especially after TLC won an injunction last December prohibiting him from violating the non-compete clause in his contract, meaning he can’t make money by doing things he normally does – such as selling photos to magazines, being paid to appear on other shows, etc.
RadarOnline is also reporting that Jon has actually been talking to TLC about a settlement for the past 2 weeks. Apparently the only way TLC will agree to settle and drop the lawsuit against him is if he agrees to abide by the terms of his contract, no questions asked. TLC is reportedly wary of agreeing to this as they do not trust Jon.
In other news, Jon’s ex wife, Kate Gosselin hit up New York city this weekend and showed off her new shorter cut (she visited a hair salon earlier in the day). According to RadarOnline, she had dinner with a mystery man. Kate will be back in NYC March 11, as she is scheduled to guest host The View again that day.