Topics

Kate Gosselin

jon_kate_gosselin

The battle between the Gosselins continues. In response to the recent news of Jon Gosselin ending Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kate Gosselin’s lawyer says her estranged husband Jon won’t have much luck terminating the show’s production.

“These parties entered into an agreement once the divorce action was filed that allowed each parent – who had physical custody of the children – to make the filming decisions when the children were with them,” Kate’s lawyer Mark Momjian said on the Today show Friday.

“When the children are with Kate, Jon agreed that Kate would make the filming decisions involving the kids,” he added.

Jon appeared on Larry King Live Thursday stating that an “epiphany” ” led him to want to end the show. Mark slams Jon because a week ago, Jon was involved in the shooting of the show. Also, he says Jon could have announced he didn’t want his kids to be on the show “a year ago, but he didn’t.”

“His active participation and encouragement of the show involved all the children and a decision by both parents to include the children and continue production,” he said.

Jon’s lawyer, Mark Heller told Larry King during the interview that the show will be halted and he is certain that no judge would ever “subject the children to the show if the father believes it’s detrimental.”

But Kate’s lawyer says that the eight children — 5-year-old sextuplets Hannah, Leah, Alexis, Joel, Aaden and Collin and 8-year-old twins, Cara and Mady — “are loved by both of their parents. Jon admits that his wife is a wonderful parent, they live in their family home. Kate is their primary caretaker. They’ve reached agreements about custody.”

Kate “is going to honor her contract,” Mark said. “She’d like to continue with the show. She loves doing the show.”

jon

Jon Gosselin appeared on Larry King Live Thursday night along with his his attorney Mark Heller.

During the duo’s explosive appearance, Jon Gosselin‘s lawyer promised to kill the Jon & Kate Plus 8 TLC reality show.  Heller claimed TLC terminated Jon’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 contract because Jon was planning to go on the show and announce he was ending the program by no longer appearing on it and by refusing to allow his children to participate.

Heller said he considered the termination of the Gosselin reality show “a done deal,”  stating that the TLC contract was “null’ and claimed that TLC bamboozled Jon and his family into signing the contract when they had no legal representation of their own.

Jon went on to claim he had an “epiphany” one day that the show was harmful for his children and that he wants filming to cease immediately. Though he has said numerous times in the past that his kids were fine with filming, and that they loved the crew.

Jon insisted that it was his right as a a parent to decide if the show is right for his family. He also claimed that it wasn’t about money or about him being dropped from the title of the show.

When asked by King how much he made from the series last year, Jon replied $1 million before taxes, $500,000 after.

kate-plus-8-kate-gosselin

Kate Gosselin is speaking out on the latest actions of her estranged husband, Jon Gosselin. Kate slams Jon in a new statement, saying her priorities lie with her children while Jon is more concerned about himself.

Kate reveals that Jon had never voiced any complaints to her about his concern for their children’s welfare. She goes on to say Jon was still taping with the kids just 6 days ago, before TLC decided to change the name of their hit show to Kate Plus 8.

TLC has suspended production of the show due to Jon’s actions and threats.

Her full statement is below -

“I’m saddened and confused by Jon’s public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids. I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn’t otherwise have.

Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon’s priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being.”

jon-gosselin-2

In breaking news, Jon Gosselin is now demanding TLC stop filming his eight children for the hit reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8.

This news comes just two days after TLC announced its plans to phase Jon out of the show, and rename it Kate Plus 8. RadarOnline reports Jon sent a letter to TLC stating all filming and production crews are banned from his family’s Wernersville, Pennsylvania home.

“Effective immediately, no production crews are to enter Jon’s family home for any reason. In the event that anyone enters the marital property, Jon Gosselin will notify the local authorities to effectuate police action against any trespassers,” his lawyer Mark J. Heller wrote to TLC.

The letters from Jon’s attorney to TLC were dated Tuesday, the same day the network announced it was minimizing his role on the show and changing the name to Kate Plus 8.

Jon states that both he and Kate both own the property where the show is being shot, that he has joint custody of the kids and that he is able to make decisions about their welfare.

According to Radar, Jon says he found out about the show’s name change in the media. He now says he believes it is not in the best interest of the children’s welfare to continue with production of the show.

Jon is currently in Los Angeles for a press tour and will be a guest on Larry King Live on Thursday.

UPDATE: TLC has now suspended production on Jon & Kate Plus 8. They gave the following statement -

“We are aware of Jon Gosselin’s recent statements, and remain deeply disappointed at his continued erratic behavior. He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic…. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents.”

Tell Us – What Are Your Thoughts On This New Development?

jon

After all the drama, Jon Gosselin may still be confused as to what he really wants. He recently told a tabloid magazine that he wants to restore his relationship with estranged wife, Kate Gosselin.

“I regret my conduct,” he says in an interview. According to the interview, Jon wants to suspend his divorce from Kate for 3 months in order to restore their relationship and communication. In a press release, Jon said: “I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated. I used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon.”

Jon has been linked to Deanna Humel, Kate Major, Stephanie Santoro and Hailey Glassman. Jon has denied any romantic relationships with all these ladies mentioned above with the exception of Hailey.

Even though It all sounds sincere, the only problem is Kate is unaware of his intentions according to RadarOnline. A source says Jon sent a letter through an arbitrator to be delivered to Kate. Another source reveals that Kate was both surprised and shocked to read about Jon’s intent to slow down the divorce process.

Yesterday, it was reported that TLC was changing the name of Jon & Kate Plus 8 to Kate Plus 8, the network announced.

UPDATE — According to Radaronline, Kate has decided to go full speed ahead with the divorce despite Jon’s proclamation.  “Kate sees no reason to wait and drag this out,” a source close to the situation says. “She doesn’t think Jon is being sincere in his comments. She thinks it’s all a publicity stunt.”

Tell Us: Is Jon sincere or this a plot to remain in the spotlight?

Gosselin

A lot of changes are occurring in the Gosselin family following the public divorce of Jon and Kate Gosselin after 10 years of marriage and eight kids.

On Tuesday, TLC announced that the show will be renamed Kate Plus Eight, beginning Nov. 2, reports US Weekly. As usual, the show will continue to focus on the lives of the young Gosselin twins and sextuplets, but will now also focus on Kate’s role as a single mother.

“Given the recent changes in the family dynamics, it only makes sense for us to refresh and recalibrate the program to keep pace with the family,” TLC president Eileen O’Neill said in a statement. “The family has evolved and we are attempting to evolve with it; we feel that Kate’s journey really resonates with our viewers.”

A source tells PEOPLE, “Given Jon’s recent antics, there was no way the show could continue to portray him as a doting Dad, not while all this other crap was going on.” Those recent antics include dating 22 year old Hailey Glassman, and the most recent one occurring this weekend when he decided to add Hailey’s name to the official Gosselin family website. Hailey’s name has since been removed.

The show’s rating continues to decline weekly. The show premiered with a whopping 9.8 million viewers but now has fallen to a season-low of 1.7 million.

Earlier this month, Kate appeared on The View as a guest host and recently filmed a pilot for a daytime talk show with Paula Deen.

“I’ve been given the gift of gab, so why not use it?” she said at a women’s conference earlier this month.

Jon was also reported to be shopping around for a reality show called The Divorced Dads Club, costarring Michael Lohan, among others.

Hayley Glassman, Jon Gosselin

In a bizarre twist, Jon Gosselin’s 22 -year-old girlfriend, Hailey Glassman was added to the family’s official website.

Hailey’s name was placed in the “Meet the Gosselin Family” section of the site, sixgosselins.com.

“Please Note: Hailey Glassman does not have a Facebook account at all. Her official Twitter account is HaileyGlassman1 and Jon’s is JonGosselin1,” it now reads.

This is not a smart move on Jon’s part considering that both Kate and Hailey have been at each other’s throats.

After Kate Gosselin recently complained on “The View” that Jon introduced their young kids to Hailey, she used Twitter to shoot back, “I was never at Jon and Katezilla’s house nor did I meet the children.”

Mean while, Kate attended the 8th annual “Stars, Stripes and Skates ICEtravaganza” in Danbury, Conn., this weekend. Despite all the family drama, Kate says, she is doing great.

Asked how she is doing these days, she told Usmagazine, “Great, thanks.”

UPDATE – As of 09/29/2009, Hailey’s name is no longer on the site, likely due to all the backlash received.

Kate Gosselin

Kate Gosselin spent this weekend taping the pilot of her new talk show follwing her 3-day appeareance as a guest host on The View last week. Radaronline reports the Gosselin kids spent several days in the care of their nannies with Kate in New York and Jon Gosselin off doing whatever it is he does.

The pilot for her new TV show was taped in NYC at the Chelsea studio. According to RadarOnline, the show received thumbs-up reviews from everyone in the studio including her bosses.

Southern cooking expert Paula Deen, Rene Syler and Lee Woodruff have major roles on the show, which does not feature Kate as the star, but integrates her into the ensemble.

A source familiar with the taping told RadarOnline.com: “It went extremely well. Everyone there loved it. And Kate did great. There’s no question that she was a hit.”


Page 27 of 35« First...2526272829...Last »

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio