With the ink barely dry on his divorce papers, Jon Gosselin is pictured above stepping out with his new 22 year old girlfriend, Hailey Glassman. Jon seems to like them rather young.
The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad was photographed holding hands with Hailey in St. Tropez in the French Riviera on Saturday. Hailey also happens to be the daughter of the doctor who performed Kate’s tummy tuck.
Another interesting fact, Jon was photographed with both Hailey and her mother a couple of weeks back. Just to remind everyone keeping up with this soap opera, it’s been less than a month since Kate Gosselin filed for divorce.
Good luck to new couple, especially to Hailey. I’m guessing she’s very excited about possibly being a future step mom to eight children. That has to be the dream of every 22 year old.
UPDATE – Anther pic below of Jon with Hailey, they are both smoking. Has he always been a smoker? :
Despite initiating divorce proceedings, Jon and Kate Gosselin’s focus remains on the children as it should be. The whole family reunited on Saturday to celebrate the July 4th holiday at their Wernersville, PA home- the day was filled with lots of food and a game of volleyball. Both Jon and Kate picked blueberries so Kate could bake a cake while Jon was seen lighting a sparkler with the kids.
The day’s activities were not filmed due to the production of the show being on hold until August, according to TLC.
32 years old Jon intends to begin a new chapter in his life following the finalization of the divorce. Kate filed for divorce on June 22nd after 10 years of marriage stating the marriage as “irretrievably broken.” She plans to negotiate a fair settlement with Jon.
“While I know it will be hard for them,” said Kate of the effect of the separation on their children, “it will be the best and most peaceful for them.”
Following the June 22nd episode depicting the much-hyped divorce announcement, viewership has significantly declined on TLC’S Jon & Kate Plus 8. The Season 5 premier had an estimated 9.8 million viewers compared to the 2.4 million viewers that tuned in this past Monday.
The show has been placed on hold but plans to return on August 3rd. According to TLC, this will give the Gosselins time to adjust. Despite the family issues, Kate plans to continue taping the reality hit. In a recent statement released on Tuesday, the Gosselins say they will no longer speak to the press.
“Our goal is to do the very best for our children and that will be done as privately as possible,” the Gosselins wrote on TLC’s Web site. “We appreciate the understanding, support and well wishes from so many.”
In probably what is one of their best moves in the past few months, TLC’sJon & Kate Gosselin have now decided they will no longer speak to the media about their family issues.
The couple states the following in a statement posted on TLC’s website – “During this very difficult time we will be working to focus solely on the needs of our family. This includes no longer commenting publicly or reacting to media stories and speculation.”
They continue, “Our goal is to do the very best for our children and that will be done as privately as possible…We appreciate the understanding, support and well wishes from so many. Thank you.”
TLC also announced last week that the show would be going on hiatus until Aug. 3 to give the family “some time off to regroup.”
This is definitely a smart choice on both parties. It’s time for them to shut up, and focus on strengthening their family during this divorce.
The Real Housewives of New York star, Alex McCord has decided to weigh in and adviceJon and Kate Gosselin after a recently publicized divorce filing.
Alex McCord, 35, and husband of nearly 10 years, Simon van Kempen, say that the key to staying together as a family while starring on TV show is to ensure your relationship is top priority.
“Remember that you [and your husband] were there first,” McCord told PEOPLE at the I Heart Gen Art 15th Anniversary benefit in New York City on Wednesday. “Remember that part of what makes raising your children a successful operation is having a successful relationship. And if you are not happy, I … guarantee you will foist that off on your kids and they will pick up on it.”
McCord and van Kempen, who have two young boys Johan and Francois, aged 5 and 3 respectively also offered some words of advice for other reality TV couples.
“Obsessively communicate,” McCord says. “Tell each other everything — the good, the bad and the ugly. Today, even I [thought to myself], ‘You can either just tell him, or you can sit and let it fester’ — and that’s when you get into trouble. So just come out with it, whatever it is.”
In a final advice, “Look out for your marriage as much as you look out for your kids,” adds van Kempen.
Rumors of an additional member-Jon’s former fling Deanna Hummel being featured on the TLC show “Jon & Kate plus 8” has been shot down by a TLC spokesperson.
The New York Daily News reports, “Deanna’s role isn’t expected to be big, but because she’s part of Jon’s life, she’ll be filmed,” an insider told the paper. The rep for the network informed Entertainment Tonight that there were no plans for such arrangements.
According to TLC president, Eileen O’Neill, the network will stop airing the show until Aug. 3 in light of the couple’s split so that viewers can adjust to the new circumstances. “It’s hard to walk away from a big number,” O’Neill said, referring to Monday’s record 10.6 million viewers. “Once we understood that they were going to make an announcement [regarding their split], we discussed various scenarios with them,” she said. “We really collaborated on what would make sense for the family.”
O’Neill doesn’t foresee the show being cancelled or postponed further than August. She is “very confident” in the August return date.
Regarding any changes on the show, TLC believes that the focus will remain on the parent-child relationship.
Admist the not so shocking news on last night’s episode revealing that Jon & Kate Gosselin are getting a divorce, comes news today that the show will be taking a break.
TLC announced today, that production has been halted on their hit show, Jon & Kate Plus 8. The reason being they do not have enough footage to put together new episodes because of the Gosselins’ marital turmoil. The decision is said to be solely that of TLC, and not of Jon & Kate.
It is also stated that next Monday’s episode will feature a clip package with some new footage, but the next all-new episode won’t air until August 3. The family, though divorcing, have no plans to quit the show. As Kate declared through tears on Monday’s episode, “the show must go on!”
Following the rumors surrounding the marriage of Jon & Kate Plus Eight stars, Kate and Jon’s marriageappears to be coming to an end, according to PEOPLE.
Documents have been filed to get the divorce proceedings rolling. The divorce was filed at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown, Penn., Monday afternoon.
Both Kate and Jon have been struggling in their 10-year marriage, while Kate remains committed to her career as reality TV star, Jon wants a less high profile life. Several months ago, photos of Jon with a young woman surfaced all over the tabloids while rumors of Kate having an affair with her bodyguard also started.
The fifth season premiered on May 25 with the highest ratings. During the show, the couple admitted to having marital problems and being unsure of their future as a couple. “Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate,” Kate said through tears. “I was thinking we were going to beat that. I don’t know if I can say that anymore.”
According to the TLC promo, a major announcement about the family will air tonight on the episode of Jon & Kate Plus Eight.