Topics

Kate Plus 8

jon-gosselin-4-240

According to court documents, several of TLC’s advertisers complained to the network about Jon Gosselin’s “erratic, widely publicized behavior,” reports RadarOnline.

These complaints coupled with Jon’s breach of his contract with TLC is what led to the network changing the show’s name from Jon & Kate Plus 8 to Kate Plus 8.

RadarOnline obtained information from the Montgomery County, MD which reveals TLC’s lawsuit against Jon. The court paper reveals many of the terms of Jon’s contract with the network, and details showing numerous breaches by Jon. And though Jon claims that he didn’t have adequate representation, the court reports clearly states that Jon signed the contract in June, 2008 “after extensive negotiations, during which the Gosselins were represented both by an attorney and their manager.”

Radar is also confirming that Michael Lohan has been subpoenaed and will testify against Jon. “He did deals with me,” Lohan told RadarOnline in an exclusive interview. “I was working on a deal with him for a Nutrisystem endorsement and a book deal. He got a paid a lot of money for different promotions, clubs, magazines, and by a TV network.”

What’s sad about this story is that it seems TLC was willing to look the other way regarding Jon’s deals with other companies, but that wasn’t good enough for Jon. It wasn’t until he decided to ban the network from filming his children, that TLC then decided to take action against him, hiring one of the best law firms in the country. It’s safe to say Jon has screwed himself with this situation.

jonandkatepluseight_family

This may come as relief to some viewers who seem to have had enough of the Gosselin drama. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality show will officially end in November, reports RadarOnline.

Since Jon and Kate Gosselin’s divorce has turned into a soap opera and they both seem to love the spotlight, we can bet you haven’t seen the end of them. Although TLC hasn’t made any official announcements, RadarOnline was able to confirm the show’s termination next month.

Jon has denied the network the rights to film the children and TLC will not challenge that. As of now, the newly titled show — Kate Plus 8 is also done for, that is unless Jon changes his mind.

“TLC has no plans to film unless the situation is resolved,” said the source.

There’s something sentimental about seeing the old picture above of the Gosselin family. Fame is an awful drug. Perhaps getting off national television will be best for the family.

Tell Us – What Are Your Thoughts On The Show Ending?

jon-kate-gosselin-290

Another day, another chapter. Kate Gosselin has filed paperwork asking for child support and temporary spousal support in response to Jon Gosselin taking $230,000 from the couple’s joint bank account, says Mark Momjian, one of her divorce attorneys.

Sources reveal that the petition was filed in court sometime last week — around the same time Jon, 32, tried to halt production on their newly titled TLC show, Kate Plus 8, claiming the show is hurting his kids.

“She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator’s decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes,” says Momjian, adding that the money issues between the Gosselins are being hammered out by a court-appointed arbitrator per an agreement on both sides. An arbitrator’s conference is scheduled for Tuesday, according to Momjian.

Jon’s divorce attorney, Mark Heller, has yet to comment on Kate’s request.

gosselin-money

Jon Gosselin responds to Kate Gosselin’s accusation that he took $230,000 from the couple’s joint account, leaving only $1,000 for the family.

The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad calls Kate’s accusation “A total fabrication.” Jon, 32, told The Insider Monday. “I withdrew $22,000 last Thursday. I have the paper trail to prove it.”

“I’ve never taken any money out because over 10 years, Kate handled all the banking,” he said. “Over the past four years of doing the show, we accrued $2,250,000. She says in the past week I took $230,000. I have withdrawn roughly $177,000 over the course of a year, which is less than 10 percent of what we made. That’s like my paycheck.”

In addition, Jon accuses Kate of hiding money and lying just to make him look bad. He insists that Kate should have no problems paying the bills. He also reveals that Kate made millions from her best seller book.

Kate appeared on the Today show yesterday morning, saying she didn’t have enough money to pay the bills. A few hours later, she called into the The View and said she’d take a job at McDonald’s in order to provide for her kids if it ever got to that point.

Despite appearing on National television to talk about their monetary issues, Jon insists, “I didn’t want these things to come public. I didn’t want this to be embarrassing for her.”

Tell Us: Who do you believe?

jon_kate_gosselin

The battle between the Gosselins continues. In response to the recent news of Jon Gosselin ending Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kate Gosselin’s lawyer says her estranged husband Jon won’t have much luck terminating the show’s production.

“These parties entered into an agreement once the divorce action was filed that allowed each parent – who had physical custody of the children – to make the filming decisions when the children were with them,” Kate’s lawyer Mark Momjian said on the Today show Friday.

“When the children are with Kate, Jon agreed that Kate would make the filming decisions involving the kids,” he added.

Jon appeared on Larry King Live Thursday stating that an “epiphany” ” led him to want to end the show. Mark slams Jon because a week ago, Jon was involved in the shooting of the show. Also, he says Jon could have announced he didn’t want his kids to be on the show “a year ago, but he didn’t.”

“His active participation and encouragement of the show involved all the children and a decision by both parents to include the children and continue production,” he said.

Jon’s lawyer, Mark Heller told Larry King during the interview that the show will be halted and he is certain that no judge would ever “subject the children to the show if the father believes it’s detrimental.”

But Kate’s lawyer says that the eight children — 5-year-old sextuplets Hannah, Leah, Alexis, Joel, Aaden and Collin and 8-year-old twins, Cara and Mady — “are loved by both of their parents. Jon admits that his wife is a wonderful parent, they live in their family home. Kate is their primary caretaker. They’ve reached agreements about custody.”

Kate “is going to honor her contract,” Mark said. “She’d like to continue with the show. She loves doing the show.”

jon

Jon Gosselin appeared on Larry King Live Thursday night along with his his attorney Mark Heller.

During the duo’s explosive appearance, Jon Gosselin‘s lawyer promised to kill the Jon & Kate Plus 8 TLC reality show.  Heller claimed TLC terminated Jon’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 contract because Jon was planning to go on the show and announce he was ending the program by no longer appearing on it and by refusing to allow his children to participate.

Heller said he considered the termination of the Gosselin reality show “a done deal,”  stating that the TLC contract was “null’ and claimed that TLC bamboozled Jon and his family into signing the contract when they had no legal representation of their own.

Jon went on to claim he had an “epiphany” one day that the show was harmful for his children and that he wants filming to cease immediately. Though he has said numerous times in the past that his kids were fine with filming, and that they loved the crew.

Jon insisted that it was his right as a a parent to decide if the show is right for his family. He also claimed that it wasn’t about money or about him being dropped from the title of the show.

When asked by King how much he made from the series last year, Jon replied $1 million before taxes, $500,000 after.

kate-plus-8-kate-gosselin

Kate Gosselin is speaking out on the latest actions of her estranged husband, Jon Gosselin. Kate slams Jon in a new statement, saying her priorities lie with her children while Jon is more concerned about himself.

Kate reveals that Jon had never voiced any complaints to her about his concern for their children’s welfare. She goes on to say Jon was still taping with the kids just 6 days ago, before TLC decided to change the name of their hit show to Kate Plus 8.

TLC has suspended production of the show due to Jon’s actions and threats.

Her full statement is below -

“I’m saddened and confused by Jon’s public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids. I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn’t otherwise have.

Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon’s priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being.”

Page 9 of 10« First...678910

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio