This follows the previous snafu that occurred last month during which Bravo decided to postpone the show 2 weeks before it’s scheduled Feb. 15th premiere in favor of the lacklusterReal Housewives of Miami.
The NYC Housewives have all teased that Bravo postponed the season due to too much drama and needing more time to edit the show, which was still filming two weeks before it was meant to debut. And judging from the trailer below, they might have been right.
Bravo promises “the new season will definitely be worth the wait.”
The new season trailer is below –
TELL US – ARE YOU STILL EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON? THOUGHTS ON THE NEW TRAILER?
Though in Lulu’s defense, she was asked the question about Bethenny. “To tell you the truth, no!” answered LuAnn when asked if she misses Bethenny. “She’s doing her own thing now, so I wish her luck. Very happy for her. And you know, we have a new housewife now, so on to new and different things.”
The countess also denies those pesky reports that the upcoming season of the ‘NYC Housewives’ was postponed for being too boring. “Well, what’s going on is that there is so much drama that they needed more time to edit!” said LuAnn.
In other NYC news, it seems Kelly Bensimon took some time out of her busy schedule of staging paparazzi shots to visit Haiti. Yes, Kelly took a three-day trip to Haiti.
In fact, the NY Post caught up with Kelly at a recent event, during which they asked her about her trip and in usual Kelly fashion, her quote did not disappoint.
“It was so amazing to see these little girls carrying pounds and pounds of water on their head,” said Kelly. “There’s so much devastation.” Amazing indeed Kelly. This would explain Kelly’s crazy tan look above while at the Thursday grand opening of TEQA in New York, the same event at which the Post interviewed her.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON LUANN’S AND KELLY’S COMMENTS? IS THERE ANYWAY THE UPCOMING SEASON OF THE RHONY IS THE BEST YET?
Despite having a successful spin off show, a best-selling book, and multiple endorsements, it seems Bethenny Frankel is still striving for more.
In a new interview with Popeater, the popular Bravo star reveals her next goal would be to conquer daytime television via her own talk show!
“I would like a daytime talk show because my conversation with my fans right now is through social networking, and my TV show communicates what I’m doing, but it isn’t really a dialogue or a conversation,” she told PopEater. “Most of my business wishes come true.”
Bethenny also discussed the upcoming Bethenny Ever After, set to debut Feb. 28. “It’s about the texture of marriage and bringing together Venus and Mars, which is what my husband and I are. We’re from two different planets. And he’s religious, and I practice yoga. He wants to be around his parents all the time, and I like to be alone and just a lot of crazy things. It’s really probably the only real reality show. It’s a reality sitcom,” she said.
Bethenny adds that her third book, ‘A Place of Yes,’ will be released March 22. It “is about how I got to where I am in my life now, in career and in family and the 10 rules to getting there.”
“Lindsay dressed completely and utterly inappropriately,” Kelly tells HollywoodLife. “You should dress like you are going to a funeral, not a club.”
Oh but it gets better as Kelly accuses Lindsay of being an attention whore. “I think Lindsay is addicted to attention — media attention — and that’s what’s motivating her,” said Kelly adding that when she had to go to court two years ago (to face assault charges against her ex-boyfriend), she “dressed in all black and I slipped into the court house because I didn’t want to be seen.” And the lols simply write themselves.
Above are two photos of Kelly from her court visits in 2009. She donned the black attire for the first visit in March, and the dress on the right for her other visit in June.
TELL US – WOULD YOU WATCH A BETHENNY TALK SHOW? WHEN IT COMES TO COURT WEAR ATTIRE, WHO WORE IT BEST? KELLY OR LINDSAY?
“There was the Bethenny character that flew in and out and made all this drama,” Kelly tells the HollywoodLife. “It’s a totally different season [now] — totally different show.”
Oh, but it gets better. “People think that without Bethenny, ‘Is the show going to be able to last?,’” Kelly says. “It was so unauthentic for the past two seasons. The great thing about this season is that, because the relationships are now three to four years old, the actual situations are organic. They are deep and they hurt.”
So is Kelly happy Bethenny is gone? “I would never say that I’m glad,” answers Kelly. “She was a cast mate on the show and they chose her. Now she’s gone and the show is taking a completely different direction, which is really exciting.”
Kelly goes on to assure fans of the show that this season will not be a let down because there was plenty of drama to go around! “It’s drama that you have — drama that I have with my friends,” she explains. “It’s going to attract so many more viewers because it has depth. It’s not topical drama. I’m making memories [and] there are some very painful moments for me.” Whatever that means.
Bravo announced the 4th season of the RHONY will air in late spring.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON KELLY’S COMMENTS? DO YOU THINK THE RHONY WILL BE BETTER WITHOUT BETHENNY?
As we pointed out yesterday, Popeater reported back in December that Bravo higher ups were not happy with the way the 4th season was going after viewing the footage. Things were apparently so bad that Bravo asked Bethenny Frankelto return to the show for many appearances, something she wanted no part of.
Fast forward to today and the NY Post as well as the NYDailyNews are both reporting Bravo pulled the plug on the Feb. 15 premiere because they thought it was too boring.
According to the Post, the producers decided to cancel the original premiere because “it lacked the explosive catfight-filled drama expected of” other Bravo housewives series. In fact, Andy Cohen emailed the entire cast of the show early yesterday informing them of the news.
“We decided yesterday that our best bet was to give ourselves a little breathing room,” Andy wrote. “I would rather get the show right than rush it to air.” Andy also warned the cast not to tweet about it until Bravo made the official announcement.
Sources tell the Post that following good ratings for its drama-filled Beverly Hills counterpart, the producers simply felt the New York show didn’t have enough drama to satisfy viewers. “They wanted the ladies to fight like cats and dogs, but they got along,” said a source. “[But] they are now freaking out that they’ll get fired for being boring and replaced by more fiery women.”
The NYDailyNews also confirms the Post’s story adding the cast was informed of the change just hours before it became public news. Bravo also reportedly received negative feedback following the sneak peeks they aired this week during the RHOBH. The final reason for the change? Bravo “thinks ‘Miami’ is more like ‘Beverly Hills‘” and bets fans of the latter, which just ended its season, will “piggyback” onto “Miami.”
The cast of the show are however giving a different reason for the sudden cancellation. Both Simon van Kempen and Alex McCord tweeted yesterday that Bravo simply needed more time to finish the editing considering they were still filming just a week ago.
In an interview with Star magazine, Sonja Morgan gives the same reason. “I think they feel like they have such good stuff, they don’t want to waste it. They want to make sure it’s done properly. Personally, I’m relieved. It gives me more time to relax, especially considering Ramona [Singer] and I were shooting seven times a week. They’ll have Miami go out first and when they’re done, we’re up.”
Sonja added, “they need some more time to edit. We’ve filmed like crazy, more than ever, and we’re seven ladies so they have a lot of footage to go through.” Safe to assume they “filmed like crazy” because Bravo wasn’t happy with the footage they saw more than halfway through filming.
As for Bravo, Andy released this official statement – “No conspiracy here, folks. We have an embarrassment of riches with Miami and New York, and I assure you that ‘the Real Housewives of NYC’ will be well worth the wait.” The new season is now slated to air in April or May.
TELL US – WHICH STORY DO YOU BELIEVE REGARDING WHY THE SHOW WAS POSTPONED? WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE SNEAK PEEKS?
It seems Luann de Lesseps and cast-mate Ramona Singer have now made up following what Ramona calls an “accidental” re-tweet she made last week which showed the Countess’s 16-year-old daughter Victoria de Lesseps rolling up a joint and using the N-word in a youtube video.
In the above photo, tweeted by Alex McCord this week, you can see the Real Housewives of New York City stars looking rather chummy as they all headed out to lunch in Los Angeles paparazzi capital aka The Ivy restaurant.
The NY ladies are currently in LA to promote the upcoming 4th season of their Bravo show. “Luann and I may have our differences but we all respect each other,” Ramona told Radar on Wednesday. “We do get along and in fact we are having lunch together today.”
RadarOnline reported earlier this week that things had gotten so bad between Ramona and LuAnn that the two ladies refused to speak to each other or even be anywhere in the physical vicinity of one another.
“Ramona and Luann have both insisted to producers that they expressly be kept away from each other throughout the trip,” a source close to the situation told Radar. “To say they loathe each other would be an understatement!”
The source also added the two requested to “be put on totally separate flights and in addition they have requested that they are not even placed on the same floor of the hotel in LA.”
In other NYC news, Sonja Morgan hosted a ‘Show Me Your Best Burlesque’ party days ago. The theme of the party was “Fishnets, Feathers and Flesh,” and in attendance were some of her fellow NYC Housewives. Photos of Alex, Kelly, Ramona,Sonja and new housewife Cindy Barshop at the event below. Also below are photos of the NYC Housewives doing press in LA. Judging by the pics, it’s pretty obvious how the cliques aligned this season.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE THE PHOTOS!
Two days after her costar Ramona Singer re-tweeted a video of her teenage daughter rolling up a joint and using the n-word (the video has since been removed from youtube), the NYDailyNews is reporting that Countess LuAnn de Lesseps is “livid.”
According to the site, Luann, star of the Real Housewives of New York City, was in Atlantic City filming a music video for one of her new songs when she started receiving a barrage of phone calls alerting her that the video of her daughter Victoria de Lesseps, 16, existed and that Ramona had re-tweeted. Apparently Luann had zero knowledge of such a video.
Bravo was reportedly on location with LuAnn, who invited her costars Jill Zarin and Kelly Bensimon to appear in the video with her, and wanted to film her reaction to the news. Side note – Rob Shuter of Popeater tweeted yesterday that Luann invited all her costars to appear in the video with her but only Jill and Kelly accepted.
A source, who was involved in the production of the music video, states that a “big ruckus” erupted when phone calls began coming in to the set about the video. The insider overheard Bravo producers debating on how to inform Luann of its existence and of Ramona’s involvement.
Bravo producers wanted Luann to find out about the video on camera, and then discuss the matter with Jill. Luann however refused to make her daughter’s video part of the show’s story line, and insisted the cameras stop rolling. She and Jill then retreated to a hotel room to discuss the matter in private.
As for Ramona, she told the NYDailyNews yesterday that she “sincerely regrets re-tweeting” the video and that she has reached out to Luann and Victoria to apologize. Ramona added that she “loves LuAnn” and “regardless of our catfights on the show, our children are off-limits.”
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST AND LUANN NOT WANTING BRAVO TO FILM HER REACTION?
As you all may know by now, the Northeast region is experiencing a pretty harsh blizzard with many government officials warning citizens to stay off the roads. It seems Kelly did not receive these warnings as she tweeted the following Monday morning – “During the blizzard, we spun out in my Mercedes on the LIE. I was petrified. It was like skating not driving. I need a #safe car.”
While “safe cars” are nice to have, we also believe a functioning brain and the ability to know to stay home during dangerous blizzards would also suffice. Kelly then added that the blizzard started during her drive home. “Most dangerous times to drive are when it starts to snow/ rain. We were driving home as the blizzard started.did a 360. so scarey.” Right.
Moving right along to Kelly’s former costar Bethenny Frankel. Apparently Bethenny lost some weight during her stint on the Skating With The Stars disaster as she is now looking to pack on some pounds.
“Eating enchiladas at “on the border”mex grill at 10am.need to gain weight.I look like magda from “something about mary,” tweeted Bethenny. Looks like Bethenny will have to go against her famous trademark – “Taste everything, eat nothing” for the time being.
It also seems Bethenny will continue to expand her ever growing empire. “I’m developing a healthy cleanse&purification daily system for you.JAN!” tweeted Bethenny when a fan asked about her thoughts on a good 3 day cleanse.