Topics

Mark Heller

1256318435_gosselin-290

In the Jon and Kate Plus 8 drama, the he says, she says saga continues. On Oct. 13, a judge ordered Jon Gosselin to return the $180,000 he took from the joint account he shares with estranged wife, Kate Gosselin. Kate alleged that she was left with about $1000 to pay the family bills.

Jon Gosselin’s attorney, Mark Heller, told Usmagazine, “Jon has completely complied with all of the directives of the court. He complied. He met all the mandates.”

On the other hand, Kate’s lawyer, Mark Momjian claims that Jon paid $28,500 and the balance of $151,500 is yet to be returned.

“The only proof of money we received is $28,500 that was sent over a week ago,” the attorney tells Us. “The only thing we’re looking for is the difference, which is about $151,500. We have not yet received confirmation of that.”

Kate’s lawyer also reveals that Jon is no longer represented by Mark Heller in the divorce proceedings. Jon is now represented by Charles Meyer. “[Heller] is not the lawyer for this Pennsylvania proceeding.”

Kate’s attorney has given Jon an ultimatum to pay the balance by Monday or they will be back in court.

jon-gosselin-4-240

Just a couple of weeks ago, Jon Gosselin suddenly decided to pull his kids from Jon and Kate Plus 8, claiming TLC exploited and manipulated his family.

However the lawsuit TLC filed against Jon on Friday tells a different story.  In the suit filed, TLC alleges that Jon only decided to remove his kids after producers refused to give into his attorney’s demand to let him out of his exclusivity contract.

People reports that TLC attempted to resolve the issues with Jon but was unsuccessful. This led to TLC later announcing that the show would now focus on Kate as a single mother, re-launching it as Kate Plus 8.

RadarOnline also reveals more details about TLC’s lawsuit.  TLC alleges Jon was receiving money for most his media appearances and every amount he received will come out in the suit. These paydays are in violation of his contract with the network, which has a clearly defined exclusivity clause.

Jon’s contract with TLC is valid until February 2010, even though the show is no longer filming. Jon also violated his contract by publicly bashing the network, and breaking the morals clause in his contract.

Jon’s Lawyer, Mark Heller, has called the allegations “weak, feeble and baseless” . In addition, he says the contract violated Jon’s First Amendment rights. “Discovery and TLC has treated Jon Gosselin like a dog by attempting to keep him on a leash and muzzle him and deny the father of eight an opportunity to earn a livelihood to support his family.”

jon-kate-gosselin-290

Another day, another chapter. Kate Gosselin has filed paperwork asking for child support and temporary spousal support in response to Jon Gosselin taking $230,000 from the couple’s joint bank account, says Mark Momjian, one of her divorce attorneys.

Sources reveal that the petition was filed in court sometime last week — around the same time Jon, 32, tried to halt production on their newly titled TLC show, Kate Plus 8, claiming the show is hurting his kids.

“She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator’s decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes,” says Momjian, adding that the money issues between the Gosselins are being hammered out by a court-appointed arbitrator per an agreement on both sides. An arbitrator’s conference is scheduled for Tuesday, according to Momjian.

Jon’s divorce attorney, Mark Heller, has yet to comment on Kate’s request.

jon_kate_gosselin

The battle between the Gosselins continues. In response to the recent news of Jon Gosselin ending Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kate Gosselin’s lawyer says her estranged husband Jon won’t have much luck terminating the show’s production.

“These parties entered into an agreement once the divorce action was filed that allowed each parent – who had physical custody of the children – to make the filming decisions when the children were with them,” Kate’s lawyer Mark Momjian said on the Today show Friday.

“When the children are with Kate, Jon agreed that Kate would make the filming decisions involving the kids,” he added.

Jon appeared on Larry King Live Thursday stating that an “epiphany” ” led him to want to end the show. Mark slams Jon because a week ago, Jon was involved in the shooting of the show. Also, he says Jon could have announced he didn’t want his kids to be on the show “a year ago, but he didn’t.”

“His active participation and encouragement of the show involved all the children and a decision by both parents to include the children and continue production,” he said.

Jon’s lawyer, Mark Heller told Larry King during the interview that the show will be halted and he is certain that no judge would ever “subject the children to the show if the father believes it’s detrimental.”

But Kate’s lawyer says that the eight children — 5-year-old sextuplets Hannah, Leah, Alexis, Joel, Aaden and Collin and 8-year-old twins, Cara and Mady — “are loved by both of their parents. Jon admits that his wife is a wonderful parent, they live in their family home. Kate is their primary caretaker. They’ve reached agreements about custody.”

Kate “is going to honor her contract,” Mark said. “She’d like to continue with the show. She loves doing the show.”

jon

Jon Gosselin appeared on Larry King Live Thursday night along with his his attorney Mark Heller.

During the duo’s explosive appearance, Jon Gosselin‘s lawyer promised to kill the Jon & Kate Plus 8 TLC reality show.  Heller claimed TLC terminated Jon’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 contract because Jon was planning to go on the show and announce he was ending the program by no longer appearing on it and by refusing to allow his children to participate.

Heller said he considered the termination of the Gosselin reality show “a done deal,”  stating that the TLC contract was “null’ and claimed that TLC bamboozled Jon and his family into signing the contract when they had no legal representation of their own.

Jon went on to claim he had an “epiphany” one day that the show was harmful for his children and that he wants filming to cease immediately. Though he has said numerous times in the past that his kids were fine with filming, and that they loved the crew.

Jon insisted that it was his right as a a parent to decide if the show is right for his family. He also claimed that it wasn’t about money or about him being dropped from the title of the show.

When asked by King how much he made from the series last year, Jon replied $1 million before taxes, $500,000 after.

Page 2 of 212

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio