Just when you thought the infamous White House party crashers had faded into obscurity, comes news that they will be getting paid to host a party in Las Vegas this month.
TMZ is reporting that Tareq and Michaele Salahi are set to be the official hosts at Las Vegas’s Pure Nightclub on January 16. It gets worse as sources close to the situation confirm to TMZ the Salahis will be getting paid the amount of $5,000 as well as some other perks. The official party flyer is above.
Along with the $5,000 hosting fee, the couple will also be provided a limo, a free suite at Caesar’s Palace, dinner, and all sorts of comped booze.
When asked why the Salahis were chosen to host the party, Michael Gilmartin, public-relations director for the Pure Management Group, tells The Washington Post, “The Salahis met President Obama, and you can come to Pure and meet the Salahis. Everyone gets their 15 minutes, and people want to come to the club and rub up against that. They’ll go home and put it up on Facebook: ‘I got my picture with the Salahis!’ “
Yikes, so basically these people are getting rewarded for breaking the law? Bravo has also yet to decide on whether or not the Salahis will be included in the cast of The Real Housewives of D.C.
Though Bravo has continuously said the couple has simply been auditioning to be on the show, we previously reported that they have been filming for months with the other cast members. In simple terms, it would be pretty impossible to axe the Salahis out of the show at this point, and still have a show. Removing them from the show would likely mean having to begin filming all over again.
A new report now reveals that NBC Universal, the parent company of Bravo, has been polling consumers about perceptions of the infamous couple, who have been the subject of negative publicity since crashing President Obama’s first state dinner Nov. 24. It seems NBCU is trying to gauge consumer perceptions of the couple. The questions being asked include What are the first words that pop into your head when you think of the White House Gate Crashers story? and How did you feel about the amount and type of coverage the White House Gate Crashers story has received?
A previous report also revealed thatAndy Cohen, host and Senior Vice president of Original Programming of Bravo, and other Bravo execs were having 2nd thoughts, and wanted the Salahis removed from the show.
The Salahis are currently the subject of a federal investigation. A Congressional committee voted to subpoena the couple for a Janaury 20 hearing on Capitol Hill. Their lawyer has however said they will invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
Bravo began developing The Real Housewives of D.C. in May and officially ordered the fifth edition of its Real Housewives franchise in October. No word yet on whether or not the Salahis will be coming to a Bravo channel near you soon.
TELL US – SHOULD BRAVO AXE THE SALAHIS FROM THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DC?
Yes, they may flip tables and call each other crack whores, but one thing they would never do is crash a White House party. “It’s a little crazy,” Teresa Giudicetold Us Weekly at the My Hero Gala in NYC Tuesday. “I wouldn’t go to any place I wasn’t invited to. It’s poor etiquette. It’s not my style.”
“There are plenty of ways to get your 15 minutes,” said Caroline Manzo. “I thought it was irresponsible — very irresponsible. We are at a time of war and what message does that send to those who want to do us harm?”
Dina Manzo, who is rumored to not be returning for a 2nd season, also chimed in. “I don’t care if it’s the White House or your next door neighbor and you’re not invited, you don’t show up,” she said. “It’s really not the right thing to do.”
The now infamous White House party crashers spoke out for the first time this morning on NBC’s The Today Show. BravoTV, creators of the Real Housewives Franchise, is also owned by NBC Universal, the parent company of NBC.
Michaeleand Tareq Salahitold the “Today” show Tuesday that there’s more to their side of the story — an explanation that would exonerate them from allegations of misconduct in the breach of White House security. When asked to expand on the explanation, they failed to, claiming they wanted to would wait until the Secret Service was done investigating. However, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, appearing on the same program, insisted the Salahis had not been invited.
Tareq Salahi said he and his wife were cooperating with the Secret Service in its investigation of the incident. And he said they both have “great respect” for President Barack Obama. “We’re greatly saddened by all the circumstances … portraying my wife and I as party crashers. I can tell you we did not party-crash the White House,” Salahi said.
The couple also made it clear they were not being paid for their Today Show interview, and also denied the recent AP news story which alleged they were looking to cash in on their new “fame.”
In other news, a different report claims Bravo might be having second thoughts about casting the Salahis to appear on their upcoming show, the Real Housewives of Washington D.C. According to Popeater, a huge fight erupted within Bravo’s New York offices yesterday over what to do with accused White House crashers. Andy Cohen, host and Senior Vice president of Original Programming of Bravo, is said to be worried about the reputation of his Emmy nominated network. Allegedly, Andy wants no part of the fame hungry couple and wants them axed from the upcoming ‘Real Housewives of DC.
A Bravo spokes person said, “The decision as to who will be included in ‘The Real Housewives of D.C.’ will not be made for several months.”
If this story is true about Bravo wanting no part of the Salahis, then it would make them appear a bit hypocritical, considering the success of their housewives franchise is based solely on casting posers, fakers, wannabes, and fame hungry women. The Salahis fit right in with the formula they created for their hit series. In my opinion, it would be borderline idiotic to remove these two from the show, as long as Bravo was unaware of their party crashing scheme, I say leave them on the show. The ratings will go through the roof. And at the end of the day, isn’t that what Bravo wants?
TELL US – DO YOU THINK BRAVO SHOULD AXE THE SALAHIS FROM THE SHOW?
As if it wasn’t bad enough that they crashed a white house party, both Michaeleand Tareq Salahi have now contacted some networks in hopes of selling their story for hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to a television executive.
The anonymous executive reveals that the couple, cast to be on the upcoming Bravo series – The Real Housewives of Washington DC, contacted several networks to urge them to “get their bids in” for an interview. The Virginia couple is trying to cash in on their new found “fame” and are looking for a payment that is in the mid-six figures range.
In the mean time, the couple canceled their scheduled appearance on “Larry King Live” on Monday. Even though networks don’t usually pay for interviews, in the past they have offered to pay for highly sought interviews.
For now, It is unclear what the future holds for this fame hungry couple but we will definitely keep you updated. It’s sad enough that these two showed up unvited to the state dinner, to now try to cash in on their bad behavior seems pretty tacky and disgusting on many levels.
More details are being revealed about the now infamous White House dinner party crashers, Michaele Salahiand husband Tareq Salahi. Michelle, a former Redskins cheerleader, is one of the Bravo housewives cast to be on the upcoming Real Housewives of D.C., which is currently being filmed.
Most reports and articles portray these two as being wannabes, posers, desperate social climbers who might also be broke. A quick look at Michaele’s facebook album will reveal photos of her with a number of celebrities ranging from Oprah, Jack Black, Matt Damon, Fergie, Star Jones, Ashley Judd, and even reality star Omarosa. This clearly exhibits the first sign of a poser – one taking an excessive number of photos with celebs to prove they are in the “in crowd.”
A CNN report paints the couple in a worse light, as they have been named in 16 civil cuits, and have left quite an extensive paper trail in federal bankruptcy and state court filings. One of their court cases includes a long court battle with Tareq’s parents over their family winery. Court records show Tareq sued his mother, Corinne, and the case was dismissed. Corinne sued Tareq and the case went to trial. Tareq and Michaele won control of the winery in 2007, but it has run into debt since then. The winery filed for bankruptcy back in February, and owes over $900,000 in debt.
In addition to federal bankruptcy, Tareq and Michaele may now face criminal charges. If they lied to federal agents in order to get into the White House dinner, that is a federal crime, says Fran Townsend , CNN national security contributor.
Bravo released the following statement regarding Michaele, “Michaele Salahi is under consideration as a cast member, as such Half Yard Productions were filming the Salahis on that day. Half Yard was only aware that per the Salahis they had been invited as guests.”
Not exactly sure what Bravo means by saying Michaele is “under consideration” to be a cast member. To my knowledge, she has already been cast and has been filming for months along with the other D.C. housewives. To sum this up, unless Bravo decides to do away with the DC franchise all together, there’s a 100% chance Michaele will be coming soon to a Bravo channel near you.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wishing you all a wonder day of Turkey. The workaholic in me refuses to take the day off, so let’s get right to it.
Making major headlines for crashing the recent White House State dinner is Michaele Salahi and her husband Tareq Salahi. The story gets even juicier as it turns out Michaele is one of the housewives that has been cast to be in the upcoming Bravo series – The Real Housewives of D.C.
It gets even better as Bravo cameras were there filming Michaele and her husband crashing the party. Other party goers recalled seeing Michaele step out of her car with a camera crew and a make up artist to touch up on she and her husband’s faces. Interestingly, this still failed to raise any red flags.
Having gotten away with what seems to be the impossible wasn’t good enough for Michaele, as she then proceeded to post photos from the event on her Facebook. This raised some red flags as there were no photos of her seated at the state dinner. Reports reveal she and her husband left before it was time to get seated.
NYSocialdiary describes Michaele as a “tall, blond, former fashion model,” is said be a major polo fan. The Washington Post recently reported some travails of her husband, Tareq, a polo match organizer and Oasis winery owner, who they said is behind a controversial lawsuit against another polo group, to the dismay of the venerable U.S. Polo Association.