The Real Housewives of New Jerseymanaged to remain in the headlines while they filmed their third season thanks to the antics of some of the stars, which included a brawl at a christening party and a recent brawl during a vacation to the Dominican Republic.
So when Bravo finally released the season 3 trailer last week, many fans were disappointed as it seemed to be lacking the drama we were expecting. Well fret not as it seems Bravo heard the complaints. The network has released a new sneak peek giving us a look into the family drama involving Teresa Giudice, her brother Joe Gorga and his wife Melissa Gorga, and her cousin Kathy Wakile.
In the video below, Teresa says about her brother, “He was like my best friend … [But that changed] after he got married. Melissa’s my sister-in-law and we’re not exactly best friends.” We then get to see the widely talked about christening brawl which begins with Teresa walking over to her brother and his wife, words are exchanged and Joe tells Teresa, “You’re garbage.”
The family feud erupts, and well, you just have to see the madness below. Kathy sums it up best when she states: “War has lots of casualties.” The new season of the NJ Housewives premieres May 16 on Bravo.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE NEW VIDEO OF THE NJ HOUSEWIVES?
Returning alongside Teresa are Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita. Bravo promises “the drama picks up where last season left off when holidays are celebrated, children leave the nest and tensions run high between housewives.” Despite the rumors that she had left the show, Jacqueline’s daughter Ashley Holmes is back for the new season.
And starting on June 12, the series will move to Sunday nights at 10/9c for the remainder of the season. The season 3 trailer is below! –
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE SEASON 3 TRAILER AND THE TWO NEW HOUSEWIVES?
TMZ reported over 2 weeks ago that some of the Real Housewives of New Jersey cast members got into a bar brawl during a visit to the Dominican Republic, which was being filmed by Bravo for the third season.
Just how serious was this bar brawl? Well let’s just say it was serious enough for the overseas cops to detain Joe, Albie and Christopher along with their roommate Gregory Bennett.
The drama began on February 23 at about 1am when cast members including Caroline and her husband Albert, Teresa and Joe, Jacqueline and Chris Laurita, newbies Kathy and Richy Wakile, Melissa and Joe Gorga, plus the Manzo children (Chris, Albie, and Lauren) visited the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
While the police isn’t certain about who started the fight, sources reveal the bar brawl ensued after the NJ Housewives’ group popped open a bottle of champagne, accidentally spraying surrounding patrons, including the male patrons involved in the fight.
“Everyone was involved. It became a massive scene,” said a source. “Usually when there’s a fight we take one guy, but this time we took everybody,” a police representative told Radar.
The physical fight involved about eight people including Joe, Albie, Christopher and Gregory, who were reportedly defending the women. The source reveals Joe was “beating on the guy” and struck a male patron with glass. This coincides with the TMZ report which also stated someone involved grabbed a drinking glass and smashed it over a man’s head.
According to the police, it was the injured male patrons who made the complaint to them. The two injured patrons were Americans Adolfo Arriolla, who had a fracture in his arm, and Jason Gomez, who suffered a fracture in his leg and scratches on his face. There were other injured parties who suffered bruises.
The authorities took the complaint seriously as the two injured patrons along with Joe, Albie, Christopher and Gregory were detained and taken to the police station where their passports were seized.
Everyone detained was ultimately released the afternoon of Wednesday, February 23 when local attorneys helped smooth over the situation and a verbal agreement was reached between all parties. No charges were filed according to police. A photo of Teresa, Joe, Christopher and Lauren from the trip is below.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST WITH THE NJ HOUSEWIVES CAST? ARE YOU AS EXCITED ABOUT THE THIRD SEASON AS WE ARE?
In the brief interview, Teresa also discusses her feelings on Danielle Staub, the infamous shoving of Andy Cohen at the reunion show and her other projects in the works such as opening up a new restaurant.
On Former Costar Danielle Staub – “She would say things that were not nice like ‘don’t call me honey,’ like really? My reaction was is bitch better? You know, like for instance the table flip, she said to me ‘pay attention please,’ like who are you to tell me to pay attention. Are you serious?” Teresa added, “Like you can’t just expect to say whatever you want to people. You’re going to get a reaction out of them.”
Feelings On Danielle Today – “You know, like I have no grudges to hold towards Danielle. You know, I wish her all the best,” said Teresa. So is she happy Danielle isn’t coming back for the third season? “It didn’t phase me at all. To tell you the truth, I kind of miss her,” replied Teresa with a laugh.
On Shoving Andy Cohen – “I mean I love him. It was not something I meant to do. I think he got in the middle or something and you know, at that moment…” When asked if Andy was surprised at how strong she was, Teresa replied, “Yes he was. He was like ‘wow you’re strong.’ I have good guns.” And by guns, she meant her arms.
On Season 3 & Sis-in-law Melissa Gorga Joining The Cast – “Well you’re going to have to watch and see. I’m definitely going to be on.” Teresa coyly added, “If anything, I had to go see a lot more family. Let’s say that.”
On Other Projects – Teresa revealed she’s coming out with her second book in May called Fabulicious, calling the new book “straight up Italian.” Teresa also shared she and hubby Joe Giudiceare opening up a new restaurant, something she called “a great Italian restaurant.”
Bravo has yet to officially announce the premiere date of Real Housewives of New Jersey season 3 but it’s expected to debut sometime in May.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON TERESA’S INTERVIEW? ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO A SEASON 3 OF THE JERSEY HOUSEWIVES?
Days after TMZ reported a contract negotiation standoff betweenTeresa Giudice and the Bravo network, a new report by Popeater is now revealing the real issue and how much Teresa and her costars are earning.
According to Popeater, Teresa, who is arguably the least classy most popular Real Housewives of New Jersey star, is actually making less money than her co-stars!
There is however a reason for this. See, Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline Laurita are earning more than Teresa because Bravo also has to pay their adult children for appearing on the show. Teresa on the other hand doesn’t have any adult kids, and therefore doesn’t get paid for her kids being on the show, something Teresa feels is not fair.
Popeater reports that Bravo states they can only pay the women the exact same amount, which is $250,000 for the upcoming 3rd season, but Bravo gets around the issue by compensating the adult children involved with the show. The Manzo family is reportedly getting $310,000, with the Laurita family slated to earn $270,000 while the Giudices will continue to receive the base rate of $250,000.
“She brings in ratings and [really] invites viewers into her house, even the birthing room of her daughter,” Teresa a source tells Popeater. “That she gets less — that’s crazy!”
The source adds, “Teresa understands her children can’t get paid because of issues with child labor laws, but she just she just wants them to have a college fund.”
With the $250,000 base rate, the NJ Housewives will become the highest paid of the Bravo bunch. Not a surprise as their second season brought in the highest ratings ever in Bravo housewives’ history. The 250k is also a very high amount in comparison to the $150,000 a season the Real Housewives of Atlanta reportedly got for their 3rd season, which is currently airing.
TELL US – DOES TERESA HAVE A POINT? SHOULD SHE BE GETTING MORE MONEY?
It all went down a week after the reunion show taping. Bravo reportedly sent Caroline, Teresa and Jacqueline letters asking them to return for a third season. The insider adds that Danielle did not receive a letter and, was not even aware that her co-stars had.
A source also adds that Danielle was unaware she was off the show until she read it online on Monday. As for Danielle’s cryptic non-denial message on Monday, the source says she’s not that upset because she might be getting her own solo reality show. She is said to be “working with production companies who are really interested and have talked to Bravo.”
And as for the gruesome twosome aka the two Kims, they weren’t asked back as well. The source stays this season was a bit of an audition for Kim Granatell and Kim DePaola, adding that they might be asked to make guest appearances next season.
The NYDailyNews doesn’t touch on whether or not Dina Manzo was asked back. Dina left during this season because she no longer wanted to film with Danielle. Dina however posted an interesting tweet this week regarding the Danielle story – “yes, I’ve heard the news, don’t know if it’s true. Rumor has it I may not be invited if I don’t put my daughter back on air. Can u believe?”
Perhaps someone should inform Dina the show is about the women and their families. Without a husband or daughter on the show, she really isn’t bringing much to the table.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST NEWS? DO YOU WANT KIM G ON THE SHOW? DO YOU WANT DINA BACK?