It’s the firing that will never end as former housewives, current housewives, and wannabe housewives again continue to talk and talk some more about Bravo’s decision to re-cast the Real Housewives of New York!
“Basically, they’ve been begging to stay on,” a source asserts. “Simon questions how he can ‘harness the swell of support’ behind them.” That “swell of support” is, I imagine, the messages and Tweets from fans questioning Bravo’s decision to cut them from the cast.
“They’re not accepting that it’s done,” the source continues. “They are meeting with Bravo this afternoon and Bravo doesn’t want them on the show, but Andy would like them to pop up occasionally, whether on Housewives or other programs on the network is what they’re saying.” Well, that’s sort of promising…
Alex actually confirmed the meeting with Bravo took place yesterday (Thursday) but claims they are not begging to get back on the show. She Tweeted: “Oy oy oy! Just to clarify, yes we have had meetings at Bravo. No we didn’t ask to be reinstated. Is that clear enough? 😀 #GossipvsFact.”
And FINALLY Kelly Kra-kra Bensimon has acknowledged that she was fired! Whew – I was getting worried she had completely ignored the memo! On her most recent blog (posted today, actually), Kelly addressed leaving the show with the following statement: “To all the Real Housewives of New York Fans and Viewers, I’m so grateful for the overwhelming support I’ve received from all of you. I hope you enjoyed my run on the show. Stay tuned for I’m just getting started.” Well, it’s not much but at least we have confirmation that she understands she shouldn’t show up to film!
As for Jill Zarin, she is shockingly taking the high road (so far) after receiving the news. Do you think Bravo issued a gag order? Jill has been focusing on her family life and her careers outside of Housewives, but a source reveals: “She still feels a little betrayed. Jill knew Carole [Radziwill] was coming on the show, but she never knew she was being thrown off. She’s grateful for what Bravo did for her, but feels they just tossed her aside.”
And since no major shake-up of RHONY would be complete without Bethenny Frankel’s two-cents, she told E! she’s “not surprised” by Bravo’s decision to fire her former bffl, among others -like that blonde woman she used as the messenger to bury her friendship with said bffl!
“I’m not surprised only because it’s been the same cast for so many years and Bravo…likes to make changes,” the Bethenny Ever After star remarked of the casting shake-up. “They probably just felt like it was time for a change. People do that in relationships, they do that in work strategy. I don’t think it’s personal. I think it’s really just business.”
“The girls are probably a little nervous and scared, because it’s change,” she said, commenting on how her former co-workers might be taking the news that they’ll have to start collecting unemployment. “It can be lucrative when you get a lot of attention, but I also think it’s very tiring. They’ll get to relax a little more and not be scrutinized all the time.”
Bethenny also talks her own decision to leave the show, and unlike previous interviews when she described the show as rewarding bad behavior, this time she claims to have seen the writing on the wall. “I did leave on top,” she admits.
“It was all very planned out. I knew this was the type of place you don’t want to overstay your welcome. I always say, ‘You don’t want to be the one in the nightclub at two in the morning where everyone looks pretty scary.’”
Photo credit: PR Photos
Do you think Silex has a chance of convincing Bravo to re-add them to the show? Thoughts on Bethenny’s comments regarding her decision to leave?