This follows the previous snafu that occurred last month during which Bravo decided to postpone the show 2 weeks before it’s scheduled Feb. 15th premiere in favor of the lacklusterReal Housewives of Miami.
The NYC Housewives have all teased that Bravo postponed the season due to too much drama and needing more time to edit the show, which was still filming two weeks before it was meant to debut. And judging from the trailer below, they might have been right.
Bravo promises “the new season will definitely be worth the wait.”
The new season trailer is below -
TELL US – ARE YOU STILL EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON? THOUGHTS ON THE NEW TRAILER?
According to a new report by the I’mNotObessed website,Jill Zarin is feeling pretty generous lately.
The site reports Jill, star of the Real Housewives of New York, recently gifted herself and each of her follow NYC Housewives castmates a Kwiat leather and diamond bracelets.
And it all has to do with charity. Kwiat, the NYC-based diamond company, partnered with Charity:Water to launch an exclusive water drop collection with 100% of the profits from all sales of the new collection going to help fund Charity:Water’s mission of providing clean drinking water to people in underdeveloped cities and nations around the world.
No word yet on how this story of Jill’s generosity made it’s way to the media. In other NYC news, two days after Andy Cohendenied the widely spread rumor of Camille Grammer joining the Real Housewives of NYC cast, some are now wondering if Jill Zarin is responsible for the rumor.
Reason? Well, the original story came from the NY Post and referenced Jill.
“Insiders said that one option to up the local drama might be to bring Beverly Hills housewife Camille Grammer to New York, the location of her divorce drama with Kelsey Grammer, who is soon to marry girlfriend Kayte Walsh. A source said Grammer hasn’t been approached by New York producers, but that Zarin has invited her to hang out with the Housewives.”
Interesting. And finally, RadarOnline is reporting that Bravo’s decision to postpone the airing of the 4th season of the show is not sitting too well with the cast members. Some of the housewives were forced to cancel their premiere parties, their sponsors, and even had to send notes to all those who were invited.
“All the cast members were upset when they heard the news, but it was especially hard for Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan because they were forced to cancel their premiere parties,” a source close to the situation revealed.
The delay also surprised talk show host Rachel Ray and her producers, who now have to make new plans for a planned show “and decide if they should hold the filmed segment for later broadcast.”
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THESE STORIES? DO YOU THINK JILL IS BEHIND THE CAMILLE RUMOR?
As we pointed out yesterday, Popeater reported back in December that Bravo higher ups were not happy with the way the 4th season was going after viewing the footage. Things were apparently so bad that Bravo asked Bethenny Frankelto return to the show for many appearances, something she wanted no part of.
Fast forward to today and the NY Post as well as the NYDailyNews are both reporting Bravo pulled the plug on the Feb. 15 premiere because they thought it was too boring.
According to the Post, the producers decided to cancel the original premiere because “it lacked the explosive catfight-filled drama expected of” other Bravo housewives series. In fact, Andy Cohen emailed the entire cast of the show early yesterday informing them of the news.
“We decided yesterday that our best bet was to give ourselves a little breathing room,” Andy wrote. “I would rather get the show right than rush it to air.” Andy also warned the cast not to tweet about it until Bravo made the official announcement.
Sources tell the Post that following good ratings for its drama-filled Beverly Hills counterpart, the producers simply felt the New York show didn’t have enough drama to satisfy viewers. “They wanted the ladies to fight like cats and dogs, but they got along,” said a source. “[But] they are now freaking out that they’ll get fired for being boring and replaced by more fiery women.”
The NYDailyNews also confirms the Post’s story adding the cast was informed of the change just hours before it became public news. Bravo also reportedly received negative feedback following the sneak peeks they aired this week during the RHOBH. The final reason for the change? Bravo “thinks ‘Miami’ is more like ‘Beverly Hills‘” and bets fans of the latter, which just ended its season, will “piggyback” onto “Miami.”
The cast of the show are however giving a different reason for the sudden cancellation. Both Simon van Kempen and Alex McCord tweeted yesterday that Bravo simply needed more time to finish the editing considering they were still filming just a week ago.
In an interview with Star magazine, Sonja Morgan gives the same reason. “I think they feel like they have such good stuff, they don’t want to waste it. They want to make sure it’s done properly. Personally, I’m relieved. It gives me more time to relax, especially considering Ramona [Singer] and I were shooting seven times a week. They’ll have Miami go out first and when they’re done, we’re up.”
Sonja added, “they need some more time to edit. We’ve filmed like crazy, more than ever, and we’re seven ladies so they have a lot of footage to go through.” Safe to assume they “filmed like crazy” because Bravo wasn’t happy with the footage they saw more than halfway through filming.
As for Bravo, Andy released this official statement – “No conspiracy here, folks. We have an embarrassment of riches with Miami and New York, and I assure you that ‘the Real Housewives of NYC’ will be well worth the wait.” The new season is now slated to air in April or May.
TELL US – WHICH STORY DO YOU BELIEVE REGARDING WHY THE SHOW WAS POSTPONED? WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE SNEAK PEEKS?
It seems Luann de Lesseps and cast-mate Ramona Singer have now made up following what Ramona calls an “accidental” re-tweet she made last week which showed the Countess’s 16-year-old daughter Victoria de Lesseps rolling up a joint and using the N-word in a youtube video.
In the above photo, tweeted by Alex McCord this week, you can see the Real Housewives of New York City stars looking rather chummy as they all headed out to lunch in Los Angeles paparazzi capital aka The Ivy restaurant.
The NY ladies are currently in LA to promote the upcoming 4th season of their Bravo show. “Luann and I may have our differences but we all respect each other,” Ramona told Radar on Wednesday. “We do get along and in fact we are having lunch together today.”
RadarOnline reported earlier this week that things had gotten so bad between Ramona and LuAnn that the two ladies refused to speak to each other or even be anywhere in the physical vicinity of one another.
“Ramona and Luann have both insisted to producers that they expressly be kept away from each other throughout the trip,” a source close to the situation told Radar. “To say they loathe each other would be an understatement!”
The source also added the two requested to “be put on totally separate flights and in addition they have requested that they are not even placed on the same floor of the hotel in LA.”
In other NYC news, Sonja Morgan hosted a ‘Show Me Your Best Burlesque’ party days ago. The theme of the party was “Fishnets, Feathers and Flesh,” and in attendance were some of her fellow NYC Housewives. Photos of Alex, Kelly, Ramona,Sonja and new housewife Cindy Barshop at the event below. Also below are photos of the NYC Housewives doing press in LA. Judging by the pics, it’s pretty obvious how the cliques aligned this season.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE THE PHOTOS!
At a recent GLAAD event in NYC, PEOPLE magazine spoke to Ramona Singer who stated that Sonja will “be fine.” Ramona added, “She’s a great girl.”
Alex McCord showed her support by choosing to stay silent on the issue. “The first person to speak about [the bankruptcy] has to be Sonja,” said Alex. “We love her and adore her and … we’re going to support her by being silent.”
As we reported last Wednesday, Sonja filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, listing her debt at $19.8 million and her assets at $13.5 million. In the court filing, Sonja blamed a bitter divorce dispute and a failed venture to make a movie with John Travolta. Her production company lost $7 million in a lawsuit filed by the picture company.
“My current monthly income including support is about $26,000 per month,” Sonja stated in her filing. “And I expect this income to improve as new opportunities materialize.”
There are some questions about the difference between Sonja’s bankruptcy (Chapter 11) and Teresa Giudice’sbankruptcy (Chapter 7). Unlike Chapter 7, Chapter 11 bankruptcy doesn’t get rid of one’s debts. It is simply to restructure and change the terms of the debt and make plans to pay it back continuously through future earnings. So in actuality, there is a major difference between what Teresa did and what Sonja is trying to do.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALEX & RAMONA’S COMMENTS? PLUS SONJA’S FILING?
Sonja listed her debt at $19.8 million with over $13.5 million in assets on the bankruptcy petition. “The decision to seek bankruptcy relief was not an easy one, but unfortunately, I am at a crossroads in my life,” said Sonja in the court papers.
But perhaps this situation is a bit different than that of NJ Housewife Teresa Giudice as Sonja blames her financial troubles on a failed business venture, an unresolved bitter divorce with her ex-husband, and also losing a major lawsuit.
Sonja states in the court papers that her production company, Sonja Productions, was all set to collaborate with Hannibal Pictures Inc. to make a movie starring John Travolta. However, things went awry due to various demands by Travolta which her production company could not meet. Hannibal Pictures then filed a lawsuit against Sonja Productions and won a $7 million judgment.
Sonja is reportedly planning to appeal the ruling. Also, the reason Sonja’s filing is a tad shocking all has to do with her last name, as Sonja used to be married to and has a daughter by John Adams Morgan, a descendant of J.P. Morgan and John Adams. Sonja blames her “bitter” and unresolved divorce from her husband as part of the reason she is broke. Apparently their divorce is yet to be finalized.
According to WSJ, Sonja is working to resolve these disputes and formulate a plan of reorganization. She also hopes to preserve the value of her assets and continue her career as a television personality.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SONJA’S BANKRUPTCY? ARE YOU SHOCKED?
Will she or won’t she? Is the question when it comes to Bethenny Frankelhaving a second baby.
The Real Housewives of New York City star stated a few months ago that she was likely done having children, but in a new interview with OK magazine, Bethenny, 39, mentions having another baby is still an option with hubby Jason Hoppy.
“Jason wants to have another baby, and I’m not sure, so the breast pump and the newborn clothes are in purgatory for who knows what will happen next,” she says.
She adds, “I’m almost 40, and it’s a decision that we’re talking about. It’s a conversation that needs to be had. I have a five-month-old baby, so I haven’t made that decision yet.”
Bethenny, who shares that 5-month-old Bryn has began rolling over, also states that she is lucky to have Jason as her partner. “Jason does everything,” she says. “He changes diapers, he watches her. We both do everything. I was told before I got into a relationship that if you want to have a child, you need a good partner. You could do it alone – I was prepared to do it alone – but it does help. There’s a lot to do, and you want someone who cares as much as you do about your child, so that’s the deal.”
In other NYC news, just days after Life&Style broke the news that Ramona Singer physically attacked a producer on the Real Housewives of NYC, UsWeekly is also confirming that Ramona did indeed hit the producer, except it wasn’t a slap but rather a punch!
“She was furious and felt like the producers were ganging up on her,” says one insider. “She literally lost her mind.” Ramona, 53, was reportedly shooting with Sonja Morgan and Alex McCord when she lost it.
“No one is really sure what exactly spurred her craziness,” a second source tells US. “But she got herself worked up over filming this scene and one thing led to another, and she punched the producer. Literally.”
With only one month into shooting, the producers are now trying “to mediate the situation so the cast all stays filming.” And somewhere in NYC, Kelly Bensimon is celebrating no longer being the lone crazy pants on the show.
Despite Kelly Bensimon and Jill Zarin’s proclamations on several occasions that they received unfair editing by Bravo, and that they were contemplating not coming back, Ramona tells PEOPLE magazine that both famewhores ladies will indeed be returning for season 4.
In fact, Ramona, 53, (Ramona’s 53? She looks great for her age) reveals all the ladies including Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan, Alex McCord, Countess LuAnn, will be coming back. However, as we have previously reported, Bethenny will only make guest appearances on the season. “Bethenny will come on a little bit. We need a Bethenny moment,” said Ramona.
Also joining all the ladies pictured above will be a new housewife. Ramona confirms the news to UsWeekly that a new NYC housewife will be joining the cast when filming begins next week. “We have this new girl coming on. She is very happy with herself,” Ramona tells Usmagazine. “Not to say I’m not going to get pissed at her or have a fight with her about something — that’s just who I am sometimes! I can’t help it. But it’s better I tell it to your face then behind your back, right?”
Ramona also discusses Bethenny’s return to the show in her UsWeekly interview telling the site Bethenny will make “cameo appearances, just like I did on her show.” In true Ramona fashion, she seems to take a shot, perhaps an unintentional shot at Teresa Giudicewhen she adds, “We are intertwined in a sense. She proved to Bravo you don’t have to have table-flipping to get ratings.”
In other NYC news, The HollywoodReporter is reporting that Bethenny has began filming the second season of her hit spin-off show, Bethenny Getting Married, this week. This comes as no surprise as the show was a hit for Bravo, giving the network it’s highest rated series debut in its history. A source tells the site Bravo will likely change the name of the show.