Weeks after it was reported that Taylor Armstronghad taken photos of the physical abuse she allegedly suffered at the hands of her estranged husband Russell Armstrong, photos of the battered reality star have now been released.
According to ET, the photos of Taylor, 40, were taken as she lay in a hospital bed, getting surgery. ET states the “exclusive photos” were taken by a friend.
An expert reveals the injuries were likely caused by a “fist to the eye or somebody taking her head from the back and forcing her into something.” ET promises to air its special investigation on Tuesday.
Taylor first went public with her domestic abuse claims back in July two weeks after filing for divorce. Russell admitted back then to pushing his wife but claimed it “happened in the heat of the moment.” Since then, court records have revealed two of Russell’s exes (an ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend) also accused him of physical abuse years ago.
More shocking photos of Taylor below.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE PHOTOS? DO YOU NOW BELIEVE TAYLOR’S ABUSE CLAIMS?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE MORE SHOCKING PHOTOS –
RadarOnline reports the book was intended to be about her alleged physical abuse, but Taylor, who is desperate for money decided to include photos of her injuries.
“Taylor’s acting like she’s not trying to bank off Russell’s suicide, but by including photos of her injuries after he allegedly beat her, that’s exactly what she’ll be doing,” an insider told Radar. “It’s no secret that Taylor’s been strapped for cash since Russell died, and since she hasn’t received the advance on her book yet, a few of the Housewives have been helping her out financially.”
The source adds that Taylor is hoping to have the book out by November, in time for the holidays. “Not only is Taylor going to write about her own personal experiences, but she wants to spotlight other celebrities who have been involved in domestic abuse situations.”
However, we are not so certain whether this book deal is an attempt by Taylor to capitalize off Russell’s suicide as we reported last week that Taylor actually tweeted about the book deal days before Russell’s passing. While including the pictures of the alleged abuse might be a different story, this book deal was in the works before the suicide.
In other Taylor news, Radar is also reporting today that during filming for the RHOBH, Taylor got so drunk at one point that she was almost hospitalized for alcohol poisoning. And it was all caught on tape.
“Taylor was so upset about the state of her then marriage that she got very, very intoxicated,” an insider revealed “This wasn’t normal behavior at all for her. She was so drunk that she probably should have gone to the hospital. She is so tiny, and hadn’t eaten a lot that day, which only made the situation worse. Taylor felt that she didn’t need medical attention though and refused to go to the hospital.”
And finally, the latest issue of Life & Style magazine is reporting that Taylor is too devastated to eat. The mag reports that following Russell’s passing on Aug. 15, Taylor has all but forgotten about food citing the fact that she had to be carried out of the Aug. 24 funeral service because she was too weak to stand.
“Her clothes were hanging off her,” notes an onlooker. “She’s really emaciated. Her whole face was sunken in.”
TELL US – IF TAYLOR WAS INDEED ABUSED BY RUSSELL, IS IT HER RIGHT TO INCLUDE THE ABUSE PHOTOS IN THE BOOK? OR SHOULD SHE NOT?
In the interview with TheFix.com, we get a better picture of what Russell’s mindset might have been weeks before he took his own life. According to The Fix, a blog about addiction and recovery, Russell, 47, had longtime interest in addiction and recovery, brought on by his father’s alcoholism and his sister’s crystal meth addiction.
Russell, a venture capitalist, told The Fix he and Taylor Armstronghad recently invested in a number of rehabs, and were seeking to build a “rehab empire.” When talking about Bravo, he seemed conflicted — on one hand calling them “bastards” while also stating the “publicity” from the show has been good for his businesses. Excerpts from Russell’s interview below –
Russell On Bravo –
“The Russell you see on T.V. has nothing to do with my real personality. He’s just astock character created by Bravo’s evil overlords. That’s not me you see up there. It’s just a character I play on TV.”
• Everything you see on that show is bullshit. Those Bravo bastards take every little argument out of context and magnify it for the cameras. They think that tension drives ratings, and of course they’re right.”
• “At first I was a little annoyed about all the bullshit, but then I realized it’s not so bad to be a celebrity. The thing is, all the publicity has been great for my business.”
And over the weekend, Russell’s sister Laurie Kelsoe, a 45-year-old mother of two, broke her silence to defend her brother against mounting accusations of violence and a secret gay past. In the shocking interview, Laurie completely slams Taylor, calling her a “sticky-fingered social climber,” as well as “a liar and a thief.” Excerpts from Laurie’s interview below –
Laurie On Her Sister-in-law Taylor –
• Taylor, an Oklahoma cheerleader whose original name was Shana Hughes, later changed her name to Taylor Ford, and claimed to be a member of the Ford family. “But we had a friend who knew all the Fords and they didn’t know anything about her,” said Laurie. “We knew she was a phony from the beginning, but Russell wouldn’t hear of it.”
• “Taylor is a liar and a thief,” Laurie continued, “Her lifetime ambition was to become a Housewife, and she got what she wanted. You know, she was pregnant when they got married, and I don’t think that was an accident. She wanted a man, she wanted tons of money and she wanted to be in the limelight. She’s just a gold-digger who reinvented herself and dragged my brother down in the process.”
• Laurie claims that Russell had reluctantly agreed to appear on the show to satisfy his wife’s social ambitions. “He spent all his savings to maintain Taylor’s illusion that they were wealthier than they were,” she said, “He did anything to make sure she was happy, but nothing was ever enough.”
• Horrified by the media’s allegations about him, she’s eager to set the record straight. “My brother is not gay. He’s not into S &M. His biggest mistake was falling in love with Taylor, which is a form of masochism I guess.”
• On the $65,000 party that Taylor threw for her five-year old Kennedy: “It was a complete embarrassment to everyone in the family. It was a revolting use of money that could have gone to pay for the college of Russell’s two other children.”
Laurie On Bravo –
• Laurie also alleges that Bravo execs, unhappy with early footage of the new season, told Taylor she would be fired if she didn’t amp up the drama. “Well, they got what they wanted,” said Laurie. “Russell only did this to please his wife. Bravo never told him, ‘We are going to torment you, destroy your marriage, empty your life and rip you apart, now will you please sign on the dotted line?’”
• The Armstrong family is now reportedly planning to sue Bravo for more than $50 million for its alleged culpability in Russell’s death. “I hold Bravo absolutely responsible for Russell’s death,” says Laurie. “When the show first started, he thought these people were his friends, but they ended up stabbing him in the back.”
Laurie went on to deny the rumors that came out last week alleging Russell feared a tell-all book would reveal his secrets. “He is not a homosexual. He’s not a wife beater. He’s not a crook. He was a decent and loving guy,” she said. “All these news stories mention that he went into bankruptcy but they don’t mention that he paid back every dime he ever owed. They’re just slandering my brother.” Laurie also admits that Russell suffered from depression.
And finally, following allegations by Taylor that Russell was physically abusive to her, Entertainment Tonight stated Monday night that it had viewed “graphic” images of Taylor following one of the alleged abuse incidents.
“I’ve seen shocking photos of Taylor with a deeply bruised right eye and a terrible trauma that stretched from here (the mouth) to here (the eye socket),” host Chris Jacobs said. “We are not ready to show them to you just yet, but I can tell you that it looks as though she was hit in the eye with tremendous force.” As of the moment, it is unclear whether or not ET plans to show the images.
Photo credit: WENN
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON RUSSELL’S COMMENTS ABOUT BRAVO AND LAURIE’S COMMENTS ABOUT TAYLOR? SHOULD ET RELEASE TAYLOR’S IMAGES?