Weeks after it was reported that Taylor Armstronghad taken photos of the physical abuse she allegedly suffered at the hands of her estranged husband Russell Armstrong, photos of the battered reality star have now been released.
According to ET, the photos of Taylor, 40, were taken as she lay in a hospital bed, getting surgery. ET states the “exclusive photos” were taken by a friend.
An expert reveals the injuries were likely caused by a “fist to the eye or somebody taking her head from the back and forcing her into something.” ET promises to air its special investigation on Tuesday.
Taylor first went public with her domestic abuse claims back in July two weeks after filing for divorce. Russell admitted back then to pushing his wife but claimed it “happened in the heat of the moment.” Since then, court records have revealed two of Russell’s exes (an ex-wife and an ex-girlfriend) also accused him of physical abuse years ago.
More shocking photos of Taylor below.
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE PHOTOS? DO YOU NOW BELIEVE TAYLOR’S ABUSE CLAIMS?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE MORE SHOCKING PHOTOS –
After TMZ reported that Taylor Armstrongwas once beaten so badly by her late husband Russell Armstrong, to the point that she needed surgery, many wondered why neither Taylor nor the doctor(s) who performed the surgery on her failed to alert the police.
Fast forward to today and TMZ is now touching on that issue. According to TMZ, sources state the doctor who performed surgery on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hillsstar failed to report the incident to police even though medical professionals who suspect domestic abuse are required to report it by law.
The alleged incident is said to have occurred in June. Russell allegedly beat Taylor so badly to the point that he broke her cheek bones. And when Taylor informed her costars Camille Grammerand Kyle Richardsof the incident, Russell reportedly sent Camille a threatening email.
TMZ adds that the cops never interviewed Taylor because no one reported the incident. TMZ also makes it clear that the surgeon who performed the surgery was NOT Adrienne Maloof‘s hubby, Dr. Paul Nassif. In addition to the doctor, the hospital staff also failed to report the incident.
RadarOnline adds to the TMZ report by stating Taylor did not get the cops involved because she wanted to protect her 5-year-old daughter Kennedy. “She told me she was trying to protect Kennedy,” a source said of Taylor’s decision not to file a police report. “She said that she didn’t want Kennedy to know and she knew that Russell would never harm their daughter… Kennedy would hear them yelling behind closed doors but she didn’t witness any violence.”
Meanwhile, a week after Russell took his own life, the Huffington Post is now reporting he was never paid by Bravo to appear on the RHOBH.
“The only people that get paid to be on the show [are] the Housewives,” a member of Bravo’s Housewives franchise reveals. “Some of the husbands signed the same contracts as their wives without the financial compensation and others like Jill Zarin’s husband, Bobby, sign a day release every time they appear in front of the camera. Most of the husbands are happy to be on the show to support their wives’ dreams.”
“No one has become extremely wealthy from the money they get from the show,” adds an insider. “Last season, the ladies on the New York franchise earned $265,000 for the entire season, while the men earned nothing — except Alex’s husband [Simon] who was paid separately for a web-based show he did.”
While Russell’s attorney has publicly stated Russell suicide was likely a result of his mounting financial problems and impending divorce, his family, his mother specifically, has blamed Bravo saying Russell couldn’t handle the pressure of being a reality TV villain.
For the time being, Bravo has confirmed it will indeed edit the upcoming RHOBH season. While it was reported last week that the Sep. 5 season premiere will be pushed back at least a week, the network reiterated again over the weekend that no decision has been made regarding the season 2 premiere.
Photo credit: KOKOPIX/WENN.com
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST TMZ REPORT? SHOULD THE HUSBANDS BE PAID BY BRAVO?
Taylor, 40, makes the shocking revelations in an all new interview with PEOPLE magazine. While all that talk about an amicable split came about after Taylor filed for divorce following six years of marriage, she is now telling a darker tale of her relationship’s demise.
“I felt like I was dying inside,” she says. “Now, there’s some sense of peace.” Taylor claims Russell was both verbally and physically abusive, with name-calling, hair pulling, and shoving being a staple of their marriage. She also alleges Russell threw things at her when enraged. As a child of domestic abuse, Taylor was an advocate for battered women, and her efforts were highlighted on the first season.
Taylor reveals, “I’m mad at myself for tolerating things I should not have tolerated from the first moment. Allowing this to happen in my own relationship was something I felt very ashamed of.”
After several months of counseling, Taylor realized she needed a better environment for the couple’s five-year-old daughter Kennedy and decided to end the marriage, adding the decision was a difficult one. “When I knew the filing had gone through, I just started to cry,” she says. “We tried hard to fix our marriage, but it wasn’t healthy.”
For his part, Russell, 47, admits, “Did I push her? Yes, maybe things happened in the heat of the moment, but it was during a time in our lives that was not characteristic of who we were. This show has literally pushed us to the limit.” Russell, however, denies ever pulling his wife’s hair.
The viewers of the reality hit will watch the couple’s marriage implode on the upcoming season which premieres September 5 on Bravo.