Heading into the fourth episode of Project Runway the designers are starting to get the feel of the competition – some are starting to get really nervous about the mounting pressure – and it’s about to get scarier! After last’s weeks ridiculous, bad, pointless challenge that left fans gritting their teeth – this week Runway is back to ‘design a pretty dress for a celebrity!’ At least the celebrity isn’t Heidi – another challenge of stuffing her into some skin-tight crotchtastic casing of a dress would make me explode.
This week, the designers are forced to contend with something a lot scarier than ten-feet tall stiltwalkers or Mrs. Seal’s lady region – this week they must make a day-to-evening look for the Bitchtress, herself – Ms. NinaGarcia, HBIC! And Nina does not mess around with the frou-frou, the sequins, the fuss, the volume, the loud wacktastic prints and cray-cray colors the contestants often use to distract from poor construction or fit. Nope, this time the designers have to actually *gasp* – CONSTRUCT, and sew, and tailor – in monochromatic hues.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO READ THE REST!
Lifetime has revealed the newest cast of their hit show — Project Runway. The show will be returning to New York, the home of the show’s first five seasons, for it’s seventh season with 16 new competitors.
This season boasts a diversified group of competitors as their countries of origin ranges from the Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic, the Philippines, China to Mexico. They will all be competing for the grand prize of $100,000, a spread in Marie Claire magazine and the chance to launch their own line.
Returning back is the show mentor Tim Gunn alongside host (and judge) Heidi Klum and judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors.
The names and bios of the 16 designers competing on Project Runway’s seventh season is below:
- Amy Sarabi, a 26-year-old from Plano, TX who currently resides in Oakland, CA
– Anna Lynett, a 23-year-old from Whitefish Bay, WI who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Anthony L. Williams, a 28-year-old from Birmingham, AL who currently resides in Atlanta, GA
– Ben Chmura, a 30-year-old from South Meriden, CT who currently resides in Tampa, FL
– Christiane King, a 30-year-old from Abidjan, Cote d’ Ivorie who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Emilio Sosa, a 43-year-old from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic who currently resides in New York, NY
- Jay Nicolas Sario, a 31-year-old from The Philippines who currently resides in San Francisco, CA
– Janeane Marie Ceccanti, a 28-year-old from Willows, CA who currently resides in Portland, OR
– Jesse LeNoir, a 25-year-old from Painesville, OH who currently resides in Orlando, FL
– Jesus Estrada, a 21-year-old from Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico who currently resides in San Diego, CA
- Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29-year-old from Woonsocket, RI who currently resides in Providence, RI
– Maya Luz, a 22-year-old from Santa Fe, NM who currently resides in New York, NY
– Mila Hermanovski, a 40-year-old from Dallas, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Pamela Ptak, a 47-year-old from Pittsfield, MA who currently resides in Riegelsville, PA
– Ping Wu, a 33-year-old from Chendu, Sichuan Province, China who currently resides in Chicago, IL
– SethAaron Henderson, a 38-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Vancouver, WA