The Tiger Woods cheating scandal has been the hot media topic for the entire week. Likely to Jon Gosselin’s dismay, as the media hasn’t paid much attention to his TLC court-case this week.
RadarOnline is reporting Kate Majorwas deposed Wednesdayand her testimony against the former Jon & Kate Plus 8dad was explosive. Kate revealed Jon planned to endorse a line of motorcycles as well as kids’ clothes and furniture. Kate also toldRadarOnline exclusively, “I was supposed to be his assistant as well as work with him on a book and other endorsements such as a motorcycle line and a kids clothing line, and kids’ stackable furniture.”
All of the above was ofcourse in direct violation of Jon’s contract with TLC. According to Kate, Jon’s contract with TLC “never came up.” She said, “It didn’t seem to concern him.”
Michael Lohan also testified against his one time friend, and revealed details of how Jon cashed in on his fame in ways that the networks says violated his contract. “Michael Heller (Jon’s lawyer) and I were bringing deals to the table for Jon,” Lohan told Radar. “The first deal I secured for him was with In Touch Magazine. He got paid for that. Then we brought him a couple of deals in Vegas and that was arranged by Mike Heller…but the agreement was that any deals brought by Mike or myself, we would share in.”
According to Lohan, Jon was paid $20,000 for his exclusive with In Touch and $5,000 for an appearance at Prive Nightclub in Las Vegas-Plus $1500 in chips. Other deals included a book, which ultimately fell through but “would have made Jon a lot of money.”
Jon Gosselin makes some startling revelations in newly leaked audio tapes, reports RadarOnline.
Jon rants against the TLC network and expresses disgust because according to him, “I put my kids out there to every pedophile on the planet and they never got paid for it.”
The audio is from a conversation Jon had back in July with his then friend & business associate, Michael Lohan. It’s safe to say Michael sold these tapes to RadarOnline. In the tape, Jon explains that he began speaking freely in public because he thought TLC was afraid of him.
He accuses the network of taking money for deals with two magazines and is angry that they didn’t share the wealth. It appears Jon believes his (supposed) knowledge of these deals means TLC will not stop him from talking – and making financial deals. He says “They haven’t said (bleep).”
The Jon & Kate Plus 8dad also claims TLC got paid in a side deal and says “I put my kids out there to every pedophile on the planet and they never got paid for it? It’s disgusting.” He continues, “If that information became public, can you imagine? Their stock would tank.”
RadarOnline has however confirmed that contrary to Jon’s belief, TLC was not paid for either magazine interview, both of which were done for publicity.
So according to the genius named Jon, it seems it’s okay for him to put his kids out there for every pedophile, as long as they get paid? Sighs. As we have previously reported, Jon is currently being sued by TLC for breach of contact. Michael Lohan is also scheduled to be deposed by TLC’s law firm, Williams & Connolly during a December court date. The final episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 aired Monday night on TLC.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE FINALE AND ON JON’S COMMENTS?
Jon and Kate Gosselin will come face-to-face under the supervision of a court-appointed arbitrator, reports RaderOnline. The purpose of the meeting is to resolve the details of their highly publicized soap opera divorce.
TLC’s lawsuit against Jon is still in the works and they are being represented by one of the top legal firms in the country, William & Connolly. If Jon is unlucky and losses the battle against TLC, he will face large legal bills and may have to pay back a huge sum of money to the network. Sources say Jon is hoping that Kate will convince TLC not to proceed with the suit against him since it will take money away from her and the kids.
In addition, TLC wants to prevent Jon from getting paid for interviews and appearances so they are moving ahead with an attempt at a preliminary injunction against Jon. In the mean time, it seems Jon may have gotten smarter as he trying a different approach in dealing with the mother of his children. According to a source, instead of being inconsiderate to Kate, he’s now ready to try a more peace-making approach.
Mark Heller, Kate Major
In other news, Jon’s lawyer, Mark Heller considers Kate Major’spossible lawsuit against Jon to be a joke. We reported days ago that Jon signed a handwritten contract promising to hire Kate as his personal assistant. “Kate knows Jon Gosselin is like Obama’s stimulus package,” Heller told RadarOnline on Thursday. “Every time she needs money, she cashes in on the few days she knew Jon Gosselin.”
A secret contract signed between Jon Gosselin and former girlfriend Kate Major has been uncovered by RadarOnline.
If you recall, Kate Major was the Star Magazine tabloid reporter who quit her job back in July so she could be with the Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad. Jon later denied ever dating Kate though the two had been photographed together on more than one occasion.
According to Radar, the contract has Jon hiring Kate as his personal assistant, promising to pay her a percentage of his “accounts” and spelling out that she would not talk about their relationship. This document could be a new source of trouble for Jon in the current lawsuit TLC has against Jon for breach of contract and fraud.
The contract reads, “I, Jon Gosselin, will employ Kate Major as a personal assistant,” Jon wrote on the document dated July 28, 2009. Jon pledged that she could handle “some but not all future accounts” in a paragraph. Jon continues: “She will receive a percentage of accounts for payment based upon involvement.”
The contract was written just days after Kate quit her job for Star Magazine. A Photo of the handwritten contract written by the genius is below –
More details are being revealed about the recent $5 million lawsuitJon Gosselin filed against the TLC network.
According to RadarOnline, Jon claims the reason he refuses to go out and get a regular job is simply because he is too famous. Yes you read that right. In an affidavit filed as part of the lawsuit, Jon states: “Now, I find myself unemployed and without the ability to secure non-entertainment related engagements because the enormous Media interest, cameras, reporters and public interest makes it impossible to carry on normal daily activities, let alone find, secure and maintain a job with an employer who is willing to be exposed to the daily Media intrusions that has impeded by life.”
Other claims made by Jon in the lawsuit include his claims that TLC staged some of the scenes for Jon & Kate Plus 8. Staged scenes for a reality show? Shocking! Jon also claims TLC likes Kate more then they like him. He states the network enforced the contract, “strictly and harshly towards me, while leniently, if at all, applying them towards my wife.”
In other news, the National Enquirer also published a story claiming Jon has a sex tape floating around. Stephanie Santoro, Jon’s former babysitter with whom he slept with, said the following — “Tom told me that Jon was secretly videotaped having sex with a woman in Los Angeles in October, and he’s seen the tape!” The Tom she is referring to is Thomas Meinelt, Jon’s former bodyguard.
Jon’s reps have however denied the story about the sex tape.
We reported yesterday of Jon Gosselin’s plans to countersue TLC. Details of that lawsuit have now been uncovered.
According to RadarOnline, Jon’s lawyers have layed out some startling accusations against the TLC network. Jon reveals that he and Kate made just $2000 per episode back when their show began, he also accuses TLC of violating child labor laws, and owing him $175,000.
His lawyers argue that TLC violated Pennsylvania child labor laws by failing to obtain proper permits allowing their eight children to be filmed for Jon and Kate Plus 8. Though he and Kate were obligated by contract to obtain those permits themselves (versus the network), his attorneys are adamant that this was TLC’s attempt to “circumvent the laws.”
Jon’s lawyers also argue that the restrictions of TLC’s contract is preventing him from earning money as a celebrity. “Mr. Gosselin will be unable to earn a living as a television personality, and therefore be precluded from supporting his eight children,” the papers claim.
Other revelations in the court documents are that Jon & Kate negotiated their first TV contract back in 2005 without the presence of a lawyer or manager, and that TLC took “advantage of Mr. Gosselin’s inexperience and lack of sophistication.” According to the papers, the family earned $2000 per episode back in 2005, compared to the reported $75,000 per-episode rate in 2009.
His lawyers also argue that TLC’s restrictions were too strict, to the point that Jon wasn’t allowed to take photographs at home, preventing him from recording “his own family moments and hallmark events in his family’s life.”
Jon is countersuing TLC for $5 million.
TELL US: DOES JON WAGE A GOOD DEFENSE TO TLC’S LAWSUIT AGAINST HIM? DOES HE STAND A CHANCE?
In a new interview with PopEater, theJon & Kate Plus 8 dad says that everything will remain the same for his eight children despite his problems with Kate, so that “they have the sense of security with everything that’s going on.”
Jon, 32, says he doesn’t expect any showdowns with Kate, 34, adding that they both plan to stick to tradition. The kids “do the stockings early Christmas morning,” he says. “Kate makes sticky buns. We keep it all the same. Nothing has changed. That way they have the sense of security with everything that’s going on.”
He adds, “This year, there’s a lot of paparazzi, so who knows? Every year it’s different.”
In other news, Jon filmed a ‘funny’ video for the website – funnyordie.com. Jon spoofs himself by poking fun at his Ed Hardy, club-going ways, vowing to go back to his “righteous” roots. “For the past few months, I’ve been looking back and thinking, ‘Man, this is not me…’” Jon says in the video. “I just want to go back to the normal, simple life like I used to have.”
Jon Gosselin is planning to countersue TLC for $5 million, reports RadarOnline. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad, who happens to be the defendant in a breach of contract lawsuit from the cable network, will file his own lawsuit.
Jon is expected to appear in a Maryland court on December 14 to face a preliminary injunction hearing, during which he will be forced to testify about his earnings and income from other networks. TLC’s lawsuit against Jon alleges that he has been paid by various media outlets and for promotional appearances, all prohibited by his contract.
It seems Jon and his team of handlers have now decided the best defense is an offense. According to Radar, Jon will likely argue that TLC is preventing him from earning a living with a contract that is too restrictive. TLC however noted in its court filing that it offered to keep paying Jon when it planned to change the show from Jon & Kate Plus 8 to Kate Plus 8. The suit also notes that TLC is not stopping Jon from earning a living and contends he is always able to go back to his former job in Information Technology.
This story gets more interesting by the day. Jon’s ex, Kate Major, the Star magazine reporter who quit her job to be with Jon has also been subpoenaed to testify against him.