Mady Gosselin has always been the most challenging of the Gosselin kids – and the one who openly rebels against her mother Kate Gosselin. One thing is for certain -no one can anger ol' momonster Kate like Mady can!
In a new clip for the TLC Gosselin special Kate is seen trying to come off as more warm, fuzzy, and laid-back (while sporting a super-shiny too tight to move face) as she plans a carnival for the sextuplets' upcoming birthday. Unfortunately for her, Mady openly calls it a "stupid" and upsets all Kate's plans. "This isn't fun. I don't want to be part of it," Mady snaps.
While Kate Gosselinattempted to put on a happy face following news that her TLC show Kate Plus 8 had been cancelled, a new report is now stating that is far from the case.
According to the Hollybaby blog, Kate is “very depressed” by TLC’s decision and was blindsided by it.
“Kate didn’t even learn about the cancellation from TLC until a few minutes before the story broke,” reveals a source. Ouch. “Kate is devastated. She had no idea that her show was going to be cancelled, she thought this was something they’d film on and off until the kids went to college.”
Another source close to the TLC show echoes the same sentiment. “Kate thought the show would go on forever, she expected it to.” Unfortunately for Kate, ratings for the show fell sharply this season bringing in less than a million viewers per episode. This apparently wasn’t worth it to the TLC network, which reportedly pays the mom of eight a lot of money.
In the meantime, the sources reveal they do not know what Kate is planning to do next. “Kate doesn’t know what she’s going to do, she’s getting lots of offers but hasn’t settled on anything.”
Perhaps the next step in Katie’s life is becoming a stage mom a la pimpmomager Kris Jenner and Dina Lohan! Moments after her show was cancelled, Kate hinted on twitter that she has no plans to stop making money off her kids one of her eldest kids, 10-year-old Mady Gosselin, is interested in acting, specifically on the Disney channel!
“Aww that Mady… So well spoken! Wants to do MORE tv!!! Disney anyone? Lol” And when a fan tweeted her that “Mady is a star in the making,” Kate replied “AGREED! MADY SAYS ‘THANKYOU!'”
Kate also had an interesting response when a fan wondered if she planned on going back into nursing. Kate replied, “I plan on staying on tv 🙂 but if I have to to provide for my 8 lovelies, of course!” She plans on staying on TV? How entitled is this woman??? Good luck with that Katie!
As for Kate’s ex-husband Jon Gosselin, he made it clear he no longer wants his plus eight to be on television. Jon revealed last week that he was “very relieved” the show was cancelled. “I hope they can have more private family moments,” said Jon. “I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future.”
TheJonandKate Gosselin saga doesn’t seem to be ending anytime soon. Jon says estranged wife Kate is trying to prevent him from seeing his twins on their birthday. Both Mady and Cara celebrate their 9th birthday today.
“She’s trying to prevent me from seeing my kids on their birthday because she doesn’t want to see me,” alleges the dad of eight, in a recent interview on Entertainment Tonight (ET) that aired Wednesday night.
Both Jon and Kate have to take turns living in their $1.1-million Pennsylvania home when they have custody of the kids, but Jon says he’s “just going to stay” when its his turn.
“I own the house, so I can do what I want,” he says.
A few days ago, Kate accused Jon of taking $230,000 from their joint bank account, leaving her with $1000. Kate sent Jon an email saying, “Due to recent events, it will be too stressful to the kids to have both of us here as planned. I would like to split the evening so they can see us both.” The email also limits the time that Jon can spend with the kids on Thursday from 4 to 6pm
In the interview with ET, Jon also claims that his “kids didn’t care” when they found out their parents were splitting up.”When we told them we were going to get divorced, the 5-year olds said, ‘What’s for lunch?’ The only two people who really cared were [9-year-old twins] Mady and Cara,” Jon told ET. “Cara broke down and Mady said, ‘Oh, I saw this coming.'”
The battle between the Gosselins continues. In response to the recent news of Jon Gosselin ending Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kate Gosselin’s lawyer says her estranged husband Jon won’t have much luck terminating the show’s production.
“These parties entered into an agreement once the divorce action was filed that allowed each parent – who had physical custody of the children – to make the filming decisions when the children were with them,” Kate’s lawyer Mark Momjian said on the Today show Friday.
“When the children are with Kate, Jon agreed that Kate would make the filming decisions involving the kids,” he added.
Jon appeared on Larry King Live Thursday stating that an “epiphany” ” led him to want to end the show. Mark slams Jon because a week ago, Jon was involved in the shooting of the show. Also, he says Jon could have announced he didn’t want his kids to be on the show “a year ago, but he didn’t.”
“His active participation and encouragement of the show involved all the children and a decision by both parents to include the children and continue production,” he said.
Jon’s lawyer, Mark Heller told Larry King during the interview that the show will be halted and he is certain that no judge would ever “subject the children to the show if the father believes it’s detrimental.”
But Kate’s lawyer says that the eight children — 5-year-old sextuplets Hannah, Leah, Alexis, Joel, Aaden and Collin and 8-year-old twins, Cara and Mady — “are loved by both of their parents. Jon admits that his wife is a wonderful parent, they live in their family home. Kate is their primary caretaker. They’ve reached agreements about custody.”
Kate “is going to honor her contract,” Mark said. “She’d like to continue with the show. She loves doing the show.”