First of all let me state: I heard the complaints loud and clear about not including the winning and auf-ing designers in the title of the post. So, never again – readers – never again. However, there will be spoilers in this post, because obviously it is a recap! Do not read to the end if you like suspense! In the words of the impenetrable Tim Gunn: “Carry on.”
Heading into the fifth episode ofProject Runway, the designers are faced with an unconventional theme challenge. And you know what that means – a whole lotta fugly hot messes moseying down the runway hoping to slide under the radar as “not the worst” and one or two hopefuls vying for best of the worst. This is also about the time in the season when the designers are starting to get to know each other, and therefore dislike each other, so perfect time for a TEAM CHALLENGE!
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO READ THE REST!
Heading into the fourth episode of Project Runway the designers are starting to get the feel of the competition – some are starting to get really nervous about the mounting pressure – and it’s about to get scarier! After last’s weeks ridiculous, bad, pointless challenge that left fans gritting their teeth – this week Runway is back to ‘design a pretty dress for a celebrity!’ At least the celebrity isn’t Heidi – another challenge of stuffing her into some skin-tight crotchtastic casing of a dress would make me explode.
This week, the designers are forced to contend with something a lot scarier than ten-feet tall stiltwalkers or Mrs. Seal’s lady region – this week they must make a day-to-evening look for the Bitchtress, herself – Ms. NinaGarcia, HBIC! And Nina does not mess around with the frou-frou, the sequins, the fuss, the volume, the loud wacktastic prints and cray-cray colors the contestants often use to distract from poor construction or fit. Nope, this time the designers have to actually *gasp* – CONSTRUCT, and sew, and tailor – in monochromatic hues.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO READ THE REST!
The upcoming seventh season of Lifetime’s Project Runway, set to premier Jan. 14 (10 p.m. EST), will once again include a number of Celebrity guest judges.
Nicole Richie will serve as the first guest judge on the season premiere of the design competition. “Nicole is a fabulous guest judge,” saidProject Runway executive producer Sara Rea. “She has strong opinions and gives clear and specific constructive criticism to the designers. Also, she isn’t afraid to disagree with the other judges.”
Nicole, who currently has her own fashion line and a line of jewelry, taped the premiere episode last summer before giving birth to her son Sparrow in September.
Celebrity guest judges from last season included Christina Aguilera, Rebecca Romijn, Eva Longoria Parker, Lindsay Lohan and Cindy Crawford.
Lifetime has revealed the newest cast of their hit show — Project Runway. The show will be returning to New York, the home of the show’s first five seasons, for it’s seventh season with 16 new competitors.
This season boasts a diversified group of competitors as their countries of origin ranges from the Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic, the Philippines, China to Mexico. They will all be competing for the grand prize of $100,000, a spread in Marie Claire magazine and the chance to launch their own line.
Returning back is the show mentor Tim Gunn alongside host (and judge) Heidi Klum and judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors.
The names and bios of the 16 designers competing on Project Runway’s seventh season is below:
– Amy Sarabi, a 26-year-old from Plano, TX who currently resides in Oakland, CA
– Anna Lynett, a 23-year-old from Whitefish Bay, WI who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Anthony L. Williams, a 28-year-old from Birmingham, AL who currently resides in Atlanta, GA
– Ben Chmura, a 30-year-old from South Meriden, CT who currently resides in Tampa, FL
– Christiane King, a 30-year-old from Abidjan, Cote d’ Ivorie who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Emilio Sosa, a 43-year-old from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic who currently resides in New York, NY
– Jay Nicolas Sario, a 31-year-old from The Philippines who currently resides in San Francisco, CA
– Janeane Marie Ceccanti, a 28-year-old from Willows, CA who currently resides in Portland, OR
– Jesse LeNoir, a 25-year-old from Painesville, OH who currently resides in Orlando, FL
– Jesus Estrada, a 21-year-old from Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico who currently resides in San Diego, CA
– Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29-year-old from Woonsocket, RI who currently resides in Providence, RI
– Maya Luz, a 22-year-old from Santa Fe, NM who currently resides in New York, NY
– Mila Hermanovski, a 40-year-old from Dallas, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Pamela Ptak, a 47-year-old from Pittsfield, MA who currently resides in Riegelsville, PA
– Ping Wu, a 33-year-old from Chendu, Sichuan Province, China who currently resides in Chicago, IL
– SethAaron Henderson, a 38-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Vancouver, WA
Irina Shabayeva is the new winner of Project Runway 6. The New Yorker designer won over all the judges with her mostly all black design collection, winning $100,000 towards her line, an agent and a trip to Paris.
The judges Heidi Klum, Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Susie Menkes chose Irina over Carol Hannah Whitfield, who came in third, and Althea Harper, the runner-up. All three women all showed their strong collections back at February’s fashion week in Bryant Park.
Irina’s collection was inspired by New York, right down to the detailed T-shirts worn beneath knitwear armor. “My collection is really about New York,” Irina said before her portion of the runway show. Congrats to Irina on winning the 6th season of the show.
Tonight’s finale of Project Runway will be the show’s first time ever of having three female contestants as finalists.
The question on everyone’s mind is who will be the ultimate winner of the sixth season? The obvious answer seems to be Irina, who has won more challenges than both Carol Hannah and Althea. Plus her collection seems to be the strongest this season. However, if there’s one thing we know about reality show competitions, is to never count anyone out.
Season four champ Christian Sirianohas his own opinion on who will take home the $100,000 prize. Christian, who attended the taping of the final runway show back in February, was blown away by the third anonymous designer’s work. That third anonymous desinger’s work just happens to be that of Irina’s, whom Christian believes will come out victorious in tonight’s episode.
TELL US – WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN PROJECT RUNWAY TONIGHT? WHO ARE YOU ROOTING FOR?