Shia LaBeouf’s latest appearance in New Orleans has drawn attention following reports of a late-night altercation and subsequent arrest. The actor was seen returning to Mardi Gras festivities shortly after authorities released him from custody, according to published accounts.
Shia LaBeouf released from jail after bar fight
Authorities released Shia LaBeouf from jail on Tuesday morning after arresting and charging him with two counts of simple battery following a brawl in New Orleans. Officers took the 39-year-old actor into custody in the predawn hours. Page Six confirmed the charges. He returned to Mardi Gras celebrations immediately after his release.
Footage obtained by the Daily Mail showed LaBeouf ripping off a wristband and telling a paparazzo to “leave me alone, bro,” before jogging away. He then walked two miles to reach the Mardi Gras parade route. The outlet reported that he bought a new shirt and sunglasses at the VooDoo Mart, changed into them, drank beer, and took photos with fans.
Before his arrest, footage obtained by TMZ showed LaBeouf shirtless outside a New Orleans bar, rolling on the ground with one shoe on as four men held him down. As he attempted to get up, a man stepped into frame and punched him twice in the face while warning him to stay down. One man shouted, “We gon’ beat the f**k out you, boy,” and another yelled, “Cut that s**t out. You need to cut that s**t out!”
TMZ also obtained video of paramedics treating LaBeouf after the altercation. It remains unclear what led to the confrontation. He had reportedly been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras celebrations since Thursday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
In August 2022, LaBeouf said he had quit alcohol for good and had been sober for more than a year and a half in an interview with Bishop Robert Barron for Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. A source told Page Six he and wife Mia Goth quietly separated nearly a year ago.
Originally reported by Vritti Johar on Mandatory.com.
