Ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest has recently caught everyone’s attention. According to a former detective, the police moved with “stealth” and “surprise” with their decision to arrest King Charles’ brother. The news came after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was taken into custody on the morning of his birthday (February 19). After eleven hours of interrogation, he was released in the evening.
Former Detective thinks ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest was based on ‘significant’ evidence
A former detective opened up about ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest, which happened on Thursday. The police arrested the former Duke of York at his new home in the morning on suspicion of “misconduct in public office.” Recently, former Met detective chief superintendent Barry Phillips told The Sun that the “old-fashioned” style of arrest was made to protect evidence.
According to him, the cops showed “stealth, speed and surprise” with this move. “They have made sure that no evidence could potentially be lost or misplaced. A knock on the door minimises that risk,” he claimed. Furthermore, the ex-detective mentioned that the Thames Valley Police’s decision to arrest King Charles’ brother hinted at “significant” evidence.
Due to his past controversies, Andrew was stripped of his royal titles and duties last year. He was also moved out of his Windsor home, Royal Lodge, where he stayed for over two decades. His ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, also lost the title and the property. Recently, the 66-year-old moved to his new accommodation at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
Within a few days of his relocation, Andrew was arrested on his birthday. Retired detective chief inspector Mick Neville told the outlet that the recent news was an “extraordinary fall from grace” for the ex-prince. He hinted at how this arrest would reportedly affect the monarch. “This arrest could potentially pave the way for the extraordinary spectacle of Rex [Latin for King] vs Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor — his own brother,” he added.
