Part 1 of the Real Housewives of NYC’s reunion show aired last night with some major cattiness amongst the ladies. Part 2 will be airing on Thursday, and below is recap of my thoughts on the show.
My favorite part of the Reunion show – Alex rightfully calling Bethenny out on some of her mean comments. I like Bethenny but she seems to have gotten a rather enlarged head lately. Not sure why she felt the need to “flatter” Alex by asking her for a favor in designing her logo. Alex is a professional who was getting paid good money by Victoria’s Secret to work for them.
Least favorite part of the show – Jill’s extreme cattiness. Love Jill as well but she seemed to find an interesting way to insert herself into every question/argument that took place on the reunion. She seemed to have been in some kind of running for the meanest housewife. Come to think of it, most of these women are just downright mean to each other. Not sure how they can consider each other “friends.”
Funniest part of the show – Kelly who claims to be a Columbia graduate, strange use of the English language, “I’ve built this name since I’m a kid.” The second funniest part of the show also goes to Kelly for her condescending remarks to Bethenny, you know the “you look adorable,” or the “you’re awesome!,” as if to say Bethenny needs those comments to build up her self esteem or something.
A summary of what happened on the show is below –
1) Jill talks about her boob reduction, she went from being a 32G to a 32DD.
2) Bethenny denies she is currently dating A-rod, admits to having a special man in her life.
3) Bethenny also denies having a boob job, instead admitting to having a breast lift. (Really? I always thought she had a boob job.)
4) LuAnn confirms the stories that her husband of 16 years, the Count did dump her by email for an Ethiopian woman, who is allegedly a princess according to stories leaked by the Count.
5) Kelly talked in circles about her alleged assault incident, never answering Bethenny’s question of why we never saw this guy on the show.
6) Ramona was busted by Jill about lying about her skin care line. Ramona claims she’s been working on it for 1.5 years, Jill felt the overwhelming need to accuse her of lying.
7) Alex rightfully calls out Bethenny on her snarky/catty remarks she makes behind the backs of her castmates.
8) Kelly doesn’t believe in crying ever.
Looking forward to Part 2 of the Reunion!