After going from a nobody to a fairly famous reality star in a span of less than 2 years, it appears Jersey Shorestar DJ Pauly D now feels he is really famous!
Just how famous you ask? Well according to him, too famous to do Dancing With The Stars! Wowzers. The Huffington Post interviewed Pauly D, during which he pretty much dissed the ABC hit show, implying it is for has-beens. He does have a point no?
Citing that he has a hot career as a DJ, which brings him over $10,000 per gig, Pauly D, 31, (yes he’s really 31-years-old) stated: “I will do ‘Dancing with the Stars’ when my career dips.” Ouch.
The topic then turned to his costar Snookiand the talks that she had signed on to do the show. “I texted her congratulations about doing ‘Dancing,’ but she texted back ‘am I?'” Pauly D revealed.
In fact, new reports are now stating the Snooks, 23, will NOT be appearing on the show after TMZ prematurely confirmed she had signed on for the new season.
There had been rumors that Snooki wanted more money, but a report by the Hollywood Life blog states the Snooks was simply too busy to do the show. Not sure how this bodes for the so called celebs on the show if Snooki has a busier career than they do.
“They have finalized this seasons cast andSnooki will unfortunately not be doing this season of Dancing With The Stars,”a source stated. “There is no drama between producers and Snooki. She just won’t be available to appear on the show. There is still hope they can get her in a future season though.”
A new episode of the Jersey Shore airs tonight on MTV at 10/9c.
Photos credit: MTV/Ian Spanier
TELL US – IS DJ PAULY D TOO FAMOUS FOR DANCING WITH THE STARS? DISAPPOINTED SNOOKI WON’T BE ON THE SHOW?
According to a new report by RadarOnline, the couple’s once lucrative Virginia Oasis Winery is now scheduled to be auctioned off due to bankruptcy.
An online Virginia auction calendar has the Salahi’s winery, Oasis Vineyards, listed for auction on September 18 by order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Assets to be liquidated will include items such as: 60+ Oak Barrels, DeFraneschi Grape Press, Ice Machine, Dish Washer, approximately 5,000 bottles of Sparkling Wine, 100 cases of Cabernet, amongst other items.
And just a month ago, the Salahis were sued for fraud by a woman who claimed she was defrauded out of the money she paid to tour Virginia’s Wine Country.
In the meantime, TMZ reported last week that the Salahis have taken their famewhoring ways to Beverly Hills by moving there. Can they afford to live there? It gets even better as the Salahis reportedly had their manager contact Bravo to see about getting them on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. But fret not, as they were flat out rejected by Bravo! Andy Cohen is said to have replied, “We are not interested.”
Michaele, who might or might not have TMZ on speed dial, also told the site that at age 45, she is now trying to have a baby with husband Tareq.
She revealed the plan is to go with a surrogate because she suffers from “multiple sclerosis.” She apparently feels that her “condition” combined with her age is not safe for a baby. Where’s the Captain Obvious cap when you need it?
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LATEST WITH THE SALAHIS?
Above is a photo of the Real Housewives of New York star Kelly Kra-kra Bensimon as while strolling with a pal, she just happened to get sprayed by a stranger at the Bleecker St. playground in NYC where she went to cool off. And of course paparazzi just happened to be around to snap the photos!
Below, Real Housewives of NYC stars Alex McCord& Simon van Kempen step out as does Sonja Morgan, Bethenny Frankelsteps out with hubby Jason Hoppy, OC HousewifeAlexis Bellino is pictured with Aubrey O’Day, plus more Kelly Bensimon, Kathy Wakile, Dwight Eubanks, and Lisa Wu Hartwell!
Also below, the Kardashian family steps out for the launch of their Sears clothing line, plus Kate Gosselin, Kendra Wilkinson, Snooki & more!
Photo credit: Lawrence Schwartzwald / Splash News.
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOS!
PEOPLE magazine has released the officialKim Kardashian cover for her wedding issue!
PEOPLE, which reportedly paid a now estimated $1.5 million for the exclusive pics of Kimmie’s wedding, made a curious decision to exclude Kimmie’s husband Kris Kardashian Humphries from the cover. A bit of an unusual move. Perhaps the mag feels they will move more copies with just Kimmie. They gotta recoup that $1.5 mil somehow!
“It was like we were in heaven,” Kimmie tells PEOPLE. Mr. Kardashian adds: “I’m going to remember how perfect it was.”
Kim, 30, who wore a custom-designed Vera Wang ball gown (she wore a total of 3 Vera Wang gowns for her big day), reveals she “felt like a princess.” She however adds, “Glam aside, that wasn’t our main goal. It was really about our family and each other.” Well family and each other alongside the E! camera crew and the reporters.
In fact UsWeekly, which reported yesterday that the wedding was “awkward” due to all the camera crews, is now reporting today that Kris’ family “looked appalled” during the made for TV nuptials.
“It was so hard to take it all seriously,” says a guest. Another insider adds that Kimmie even told guests repeatedly: “This is our version of the royal wedding!” Wowzers.
A pal adds: “Everybody felt awkward, like it was all for the cameras and more like a TV show than a wedding.” And while Kris’ family “mostly looked appalled by the entire thing,” they reportedly “cheered when Kim and Kris were pronounced husband and wife.”
The new issue of PEOPLE hits newsstands Friday while the E! network will air “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event” on October 9 and 10, 2011. Below is a photo of Kimmie in her Vera Wang reception dress!
TELL US – ARE KIMMIE’S WEDDING PHOTOS WORTH $1.5 MIL? SURPRISED KRIS’ FAMILY LOOKED APPALLED?
UPDATE – PEOPLE magazine’s assistant editor, Jen Garcia, defended the decision to axe Kris from the cover. Jen told Access Hollywood Live on Wednesday morning: “It’s all about the bride. We wanted her. It’s her day, we wanted her on the cover. He’s got a little height on her. It’s kind of tough to get them in the (same) shot.”
As we reported weeks ago, Bravo is currently filming season 4 of the RHONJ while the 3rd season is still on the air. A rarity for a Housewives series.
Well the Rumor Fix blog is now reporting that Jacqueline is filming her final scenes for Bravo.“It is confirmed that Jacqueline Laurita is now filming her LAST season of the Real Housewives of New Jersey,” states the blog.
“Jacqueline’s six-year contract is still in full force and effect and she is now filming limited scenes for Season Four but she does not want to return for Season Five. She just wants to have her normal life back and she’s hoping that Bravo will allow her to break her contract for the remaining two seasons,” adds the Rumor Fix.
Jacqueline, 41, didn’t help matters when she tweeted days ago, “I’m thinking I’d like 2 go back 2 being a normal family.I miss those days.I’d like us all to focus on positive things & positive people.”
Perhaps she’s over the drama with daughter Ashley Holmes and all the backlash. It has also been rumored that Ashley is barely filming for the new season as Jacqueline and hubby Chris Lauritakicked her out of their home. Ashley, who wants to move to California, is reportedly living in Texas at the moment. And let’s face it, while Jacqueline’s very likable, she’s mostly drama free on the show and doesn’t seem to have much of a storyline without Ashley.
Another factor could be wanting her privacy back. Just days after Ashley’s dad, Matt Holmes, appeared on the show, his arrest for arson, insurance fraud, and money laundering quickly made headlines. Only time will tell if Jacqueline is indeed leaving the show a la Dina Manzo. Jacqueline’s reported exit might also explain her recent blog in which she completely calls out her BFF Teresa Giudice.
Photo credit: Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THIS REPORT THAT JACQUELINE IS LEAVING RHONJ? IF TRUE, WILL YOU MISS HER?
UPDATE – According to Ashley’s twitter, she moved to LA yesterday. Ashley tweeted yesterday, “I’m moving to LA today!” later adding, “Been here for a total of 10minutes and i already LOVE my new home! #LA !!!!”
Ashley also wrote on her Celebuzz blog, “I have an internship waiting there for me with Buzznet & Celebuzz. I recently formed my own LLC. I’m currently working on my own clothing line that I hope to launch by 2012. I am working on building my own website, that will also be up and running soon. I am also writing a book. I think the content of the book is going to surprise a lot of people, no one REALLY knows me the way they think they do.”
Here’s to hoping she has her finances in order because in the words of Caroline Manzo, “You don’t want to hit rock bottom in California.”
Bachelor insider Reality Steve broke the news on his blog, even stating Ben had began to film scenes for the new season.
Ben, who was the runner-up on Ashley Hebert‘s season of the Bachelorette, had been longed rumored to be in the running for the Bachelor alongside Ryan Park and Ames Brown. However following the finale episode, fans made it clear they wanted Ben to be the next Bachelor.
According to RS, the 28-year-old winemaker from Sonoma, Calif., was spotted filming some solo scenes in San Francisco on Aug. 22.
He will reportedly start filming his season (with his contestants) in mid-September with ABC likely to start airing it next January.
And speaking of Ashley, she is still going strong with her fiance J.P. Rosenbaumweeks after her season ended! That has to be equivalent to 3 years in Bachelor franchise years. In fact, Ashley was photographed moving into JP’s NYC apartment just days ago.
“@JP_Rosenbaum is going to kill me when he sees how much clothing I have!! #newyorkaptsneedmoreclosetspace.” tweeted Ashley. JP replied, “@ashhebert all I can say is thank god we r getting a bigger place!” Ashley also tweeted the photo below of the two out and about days ago. Perhaps these two might actually make it. Perhaps.
TELL US – HAPPY BEN IS THE NEW BACHELOR? DO YOU THINK ASHLEY AND JP WILL MAKE IT?
In the interview with TheFix.com, we get a better picture of what Russell’s mindset might have been weeks before he took his own life. According to The Fix, a blog about addiction and recovery, Russell, 47, had longtime interest in addiction and recovery, brought on by his father’s alcoholism and his sister’s crystal meth addiction.
Russell, a venture capitalist, told The Fix he and Taylor Armstronghad recently invested in a number of rehabs, and were seeking to build a “rehab empire.” When talking about Bravo, he seemed conflicted — on one hand calling them “bastards” while also stating the “publicity” from the show has been good for his businesses. Excerpts from Russell’s interview below –
Russell On Bravo –
“The Russell you see on T.V. has nothing to do with my real personality. He’s just astock character created by Bravo’s evil overlords. That’s not me you see up there. It’s just a character I play on TV.”
• Everything you see on that show is bullshit. Those Bravo bastards take every little argument out of context and magnify it for the cameras. They think that tension drives ratings, and of course they’re right.”
• “At first I was a little annoyed about all the bullshit, but then I realized it’s not so bad to be a celebrity. The thing is, all the publicity has been great for my business.”
And over the weekend, Russell’s sister Laurie Kelsoe, a 45-year-old mother of two, broke her silence to defend her brother against mounting accusations of violence and a secret gay past. In the shocking interview, Laurie completely slams Taylor, calling her a “sticky-fingered social climber,” as well as “a liar and a thief.” Excerpts from Laurie’s interview below –
Laurie On Her Sister-in-law Taylor –
• Taylor, an Oklahoma cheerleader whose original name was Shana Hughes, later changed her name to Taylor Ford, and claimed to be a member of the Ford family. “But we had a friend who knew all the Fords and they didn’t know anything about her,” said Laurie. “We knew she was a phony from the beginning, but Russell wouldn’t hear of it.”
• “Taylor is a liar and a thief,” Laurie continued, “Her lifetime ambition was to become a Housewife, and she got what she wanted. You know, she was pregnant when they got married, and I don’t think that was an accident. She wanted a man, she wanted tons of money and she wanted to be in the limelight. She’s just a gold-digger who reinvented herself and dragged my brother down in the process.”
• Laurie claims that Russell had reluctantly agreed to appear on the show to satisfy his wife’s social ambitions. “He spent all his savings to maintain Taylor’s illusion that they were wealthier than they were,” she said, “He did anything to make sure she was happy, but nothing was ever enough.”
• Horrified by the media’s allegations about him, she’s eager to set the record straight. “My brother is not gay. He’s not into S &M. His biggest mistake was falling in love with Taylor, which is a form of masochism I guess.”
• On the $65,000 party that Taylor threw for her five-year old Kennedy: “It was a complete embarrassment to everyone in the family. It was a revolting use of money that could have gone to pay for the college of Russell’s two other children.”
Laurie On Bravo –
• Laurie also alleges that Bravo execs, unhappy with early footage of the new season, told Taylor she would be fired if she didn’t amp up the drama. “Well, they got what they wanted,” said Laurie. “Russell only did this to please his wife. Bravo never told him, ‘We are going to torment you, destroy your marriage, empty your life and rip you apart, now will you please sign on the dotted line?’”
• The Armstrong family is now reportedly planning to sue Bravo for more than $50 million for its alleged culpability in Russell’s death. “I hold Bravo absolutely responsible for Russell’s death,” says Laurie. “When the show first started, he thought these people were his friends, but they ended up stabbing him in the back.”
Laurie went on to deny the rumors that came out last week alleging Russell feared a tell-all book would reveal his secrets. “He is not a homosexual. He’s not a wife beater. He’s not a crook. He was a decent and loving guy,” she said. “All these news stories mention that he went into bankruptcy but they don’t mention that he paid back every dime he ever owed. They’re just slandering my brother.” Laurie also admits that Russell suffered from depression.
And finally, following allegations by Taylor that Russell was physically abusive to her, Entertainment Tonight stated Monday night that it had viewed “graphic” images of Taylor following one of the alleged abuse incidents.
“I’ve seen shocking photos of Taylor with a deeply bruised right eye and a terrible trauma that stretched from here (the mouth) to here (the eye socket),” host Chris Jacobs said. “We are not ready to show them to you just yet, but I can tell you that it looks as though she was hit in the eye with tremendous force.” As of the moment, it is unclear whether or not ET plans to show the images.
Photo credit: WENN
TELL US – THOUGHTS ON RUSSELL’S COMMENTS ABOUT BRAVO AND LAURIE’S COMMENTS ABOUT TAYLOR? SHOULD ET RELEASE TAYLOR’S IMAGES?
After being bumped earlier this year in favor of the lacklusterReal Housewives of Miami, Bravo has decided to delay filming on the new season of RHONY and some are now wondering if this could be related to the recent suicide of Russell Armstrong.
“We were originally meant to start filming on Labor Day,” a member of the RHONY cast tells the Huffington Post. “Then we all received an email saying we would start filming September 8th, when Fashion Week started in the city. Now we have all been notified that it has been pushed back another three weeks at least.”
The cast member adds that with the recent tragedy involving Russell, Bravo is now more hesitant to shake-up the cast fearing they might end up casting someone who’s too dark or mentally unable to handle being on a show like the Housewives.
“We expected a huge shake-up in the New York cast,” another star of the show reveals “But now, after what has happened, it might be more beneficial to proceed with the devil you know. The New York cast is certainly whacky but [for] the most part, we are all mentally stable which has to be a bigger priority at the moment than making crazy TV.”
Another source connected to production however assures E! the delay has nothing to do with Russell. “The shoot schedule for RHNYC was pushed due to production details that needed to be finalized and there is absolutely no correlation between RHNYC and RHBH production concerns,” reveals the source.
Meanwhile, whether or not Bravo decides to shake up the cast, it appears new cast member Cindy Barshop is likely done with the series.
A source confirms to the RumorFix blog that Cindy has not been invited back for another season of the Real Housewives of New York. If true, this doesn’t come as a surprise as Cindy didn’t add much to the show, was dull, and just seemed like a deer in headlights in most of her scenes. Let’s face it, she was out of her league with these women, who might or might not hold a PhD in drama!
Now if only Bravo can axe Kelly Bensimon as well. In light of the above comments, hopefully Bravo now realizes that having someone who might be mentally unstable on the show is not worth the risk.
TELL US – DO YOU THINK THE DELAY IS RELATED TO RUSSELL? SURPRISED CINDY MIGHT BE DUNZO?