Author Archive

Brooks Ayers

Holy moly! Days after Real Housewives of Orange County star Vicki Gunvalson finally acknowledged her new boyfriend Brooks Ayers on the reunion show, more details are now coming out about Vicki’s “southern gentleman.”

RadarOnline paints a very unflattering picture of Brooks as court records show he is in good company with Slade a deadbeat dad who owes a ton in child support to two different women.

It gets even worse as Brooks was arrested TWICE last year in Alabama and Mississippi for failing to meet his child support obligations to estranged wife Kim Ayers. The court docs show he owed Kim and another woman over $40,000 in back child support at the time of his arrest.

It is also this next tidbit of information that makes us wonder if Vicki was cheating on Donn before filing for divorce. See following one of Brooks’ arrest in August of last year, Vicki sent a handwritten letter to a Mississippi judge in a desperate bid to get Brooks released from jail.

“I am a personal friend of (David) Brooks Ayers and am acting on his behalf at this time,” wrote Vicki on August 30. “Due to the fact I live in California, I am unable to deliver this request personally,” she added.

The problem is this letter was written TWO months before Vicki, 48, filed for divorce from husband of 16 years Donn Gunvalson in October. In fact, some of our readers have also pointed out that Brooks strikes a striking similarity to a guy that was shown flirting with Vicki in a pool on this season’s OC Housewives during her trip to Cabo with Tamra.

As for Brooks, he has three kids with his estranged wife Kim and a 16-month-old son with his ex-girlfriend Nicolette Catanzarite. “I don’t want him back,” Kim told RadarOnline. “What I want is the child support. He ought to do the right thing and take care of his kids.” Kim also issued a warning to Vicki, “Sometimes you don’t know people. You have a choice to make. Do your homework! It’s not hard.”

Nicolette also spoke to Radar stating that Brooks is not the Southern gentleman he pretends to be. “I once thought of Brooks just what Vicki said on the show; he was the sweetest southern guy in the whole wide world,” said Nicolette. “But over the last two and a half years, I have slowly realized things weren’t right. He’s the catch-me-if-you-can type of guy. He’s definitely a deadbeat dad.”

Nicolette says she is owed $900 a month plus $19,000 in arrears. “I want the bastard to pay child support!” added Nicole.

Brooks’ lawyer attempted to defend Brooks saying the amount Brooks owes is “subject to debate” while also adding that since Brooks’ release from jail in September, he has paid $20,000 to Kim.

This news is all the more interesting as Vicki has been a very outspoken critic of Gretchen Rossi’s boyfriend Slade Smiley who owes over $138,000 in child support.

And that is Brooks, and not Donn, pictured above with Vicki. The two were photographed together last month shopping with sources saying Brooks footed the bill for Vicki’s new clothes.

No word yet on whether or not Tamra Barney will be calling Brooks’ exes to try to get their stories out to the public.

Photo credit: WENN.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON VICKI’S NEW BOYFRIEND BEING A DEADBEAT? DO YOU THINK VICKI CHEATED ON DONN WITH BROOKS?

A day after news broke that Crystal Harris called off her wedding to Hugh Hefner, just 5 days before the ceremony, more details are now coming out on why Crystal chose to walk away.

According to a new report by TMZ, Crystal’s change of heart had a lot to do with money and her music career. Despite the incredible wealth of Hef, head and founder of Playboy, sources close to Crystal reveal she was only receiving a “couple hundred dollar” in weekly allowance.

Crystal was reportedly fed up with that amount and wanted to make her own money. Reason #2 was also her singing career. Crystal, who reportedly did not give a lot of input into the wedding planning, was solely focused on launching her music career even with her wedding just days away.

In fact, Crystal released her first single “Club Queen” just this week. Sources add that Crystal felt she “couldn’t be married to Hef and have a successful music career.”

And according to a report by RadarOnline, reason #3 has to do with Crystal’s ongoing affair relationship with Jordan McGraw, 24-year-old son of Dr. Phil. News first broke back in April that Crystal was cheating on Hef with Jordan. Crystal denied the news back then but Radar reports the two are still seeing each other, and that is also part of the reason Crystal could not marry Hef.

“She has a boyfriend. She is seeing Dr. Phil’s son, Jordan. She thinks she is going to be living with all of Dr. Phil’s millions,” reveals a source. Interesting because former girlfriend of Hef, Kendra Wilkinson was also secretly dating her now husband Hank Baskett while she was still living in the Playboy mansion.

Crystal’s rep however released another statement yesterday once again denying any cheating on Crystal’s end, not that we would expect a rep to admit such a thing anyways. Crystal also went on the Ryan Seacrest radio show this morning stating that calling off the wedding was a mutual decision. “I called it off because I didn’t think it was the right thing for me to do,” she said, adding the decision “was mutual between Hef and I.”

Crystal added that she’s been having doubts for a while. “For a while, I’ve been having second thoughts about everything,” admitted Crystal. “I haven’t really been at peace with myself lately. I didn’t think it was really fair to him … it was all happening too fast for me … I just thought about it and [asked myself,] ‘Was this what I wanted?'”

As for Hef, he seems to be doing well considering all things. Below are some of his tweets from yesterday –

  • “The breakup is a heart breaker, but better now than after the marriage.”
  • “Since we’re not getting married on Saturday, I’ve scheduled a movie: “Runaway Bride.” Seems appropriate.”
  • “The TMZ report that Crystal & I “had a nasty argument,” prompting her to call off the wedding, is untrue. There were no arguments.”

Hef also stated that Crystal took their dog Charlie with her while he then retweeted this message late last night, “LinzLuvs Omg @CrystalHarris left @hughhefner the day her single came out on iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.”

And finally, it came out just moments ago that Crystal is gracing the latest July cover of Playboy magazine. The cover (pictured below) is titled “America’s Princess: Introducing Mrs. Crystal Hefner.” Awkwaaard!

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON CRYSTAL’S REASONS FOR DUMPING HUGH HEFNER?

Sexting cheating scandal aside, the wedding is still on for Kim Kardashian, 30,  and fiance Kris Humphries, 26!

In fact, on the heels of receiving $300,000 for her engagement photos from PEOPLE magazine, the NY Post is now reporting Kim is set to receive over $1 million for her exclusive wedding photos!

However, it appears PEOPLE magazine is having second thoughts about paying that amount because while the sales of the engagement issue were good, it did not do as well as they expected.

“People’s Kim engagement cover sold well, but did not as well as they hoped,” said a source. “Over a million copies were sold, which is good but not their best. And when you spend that much on a cover story, you expect it to sell.”

In fact OK! magazine put in a bid of close to $2 million for Kimmy’s wedding photos before backing out of the deal, perhaps after seeing the sales of the PEOPLE engagement issue. A rep for PEOPLE did not comment on the story while Kim’s reps deny a deal has been made for the wedding photos.

Shifting gears, Kim was photographed above on Monday with fiance Kris and pimpmomager Kris Jenner. The Keeping Up With The Kardashians trio were at the posh Beverly Hills store Gearys, an upscale luxury retailer of jewelry and homeware, to register for the Kardashian-Humphries wedding registry.

The couple registered for a variety of items ranging from a $12.50 cloth napkin to a $7,850 crystal vase. Other items on their registry include a $1,650 silver-plated coffeepot, a $710.00 sugar bowl, and 24 five-piece silverware sets, each costing $1,600.

The couple also made certain to include a fake wedding date of October, 31 aka Halloween. However Kim has revealed she plans to tie the knot before the end of this summer. Also camera crews were on hand to film the trio at Gearys so it’s safe to assume this will all be televised on a yet to be announced wedding special. Filming has already ended for the 6th season of KUWTK which is currently airing on E!.

TELL US – ARE KIM’S WEDDING PHOTOS WORTH OVER $1 MIL? THOUGHTS ON THE GIFT REGISTRY?

Adolfo Arreola and Jason Gomez

Days after a Chicago cop filed a lawsuit against Bravo and some cast members of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, the network is now responding by stating the lawsuit has no merit.

The lawsuit filed by police officer Adolfo Arreola and his cousin Jason A. Gomez claims they were savagely beaten up by Joe Giudice, Albie Manzo, and Chris Manzo during a brawl that took place earlier this year in the Dominican Republic. Adolfo stated in the filing that the drama began after Teresa Giudice sprayed champagne on his mother-in-law at a club and refused to apologize. He claims he was then attacked by the guys after confronting Teresa.

However, we pointed out yesterday that there was a major hurdle for Adolfo to overcome in the lawsuit filing. What you ask? Well Adolfo himself admitted he and his cousin Jason received $25,000 each in hush money to sign a release in which they also promised never to sue or speak out about the case. In fact, the men used some of that money to pay off their Dominican Republic attorneys.

And despite their claims that they signed the release under duress and to be able to leave the country, the Bravo network (which presumably paid the sum) sees things very differently.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Bravo stated that the $25,000 settlements which were negotiated by Adolfo and Jason “will be enforced and these claims are completely without merit.”

Bravo also added that the show was not taping at the time the incident occurred, which might explain why previous reports stated the brawl would not be televised. The statement in full is below –

“Bravo has not seen a copy of the complaint so we cannot comment on the specifics. We can, however correct the misstatements that were reported. The Real Housewives of New Jersey was NOT taping at the time the incident occurred. We believe that the settlement agreements both the plaintiffs and their lawyers previously negotiated and signed will be enforced and these claims are completely without merit.”

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON BRAVO’S STATEMENT?

A bit of sad news to report today as Teen Mom star Amber Portwood is currently hospitalized after an apparent suicide attempt which is now being confirmed by the Anderson Indiana Police Department.

According to a report by Star magazine via RadarOnline, Amber, 21, was rushed to a hospital emergency room after being found unconscious in her home with a rope around her neck. The just released police report states she “was depressed and threatening to end her life.”

Sources reveal that Amber, who is currently being treated at St. Johns Hospital in Anderson, Indiana, was found this noon and later admitted to hospital staffers that she had taken a cocktail of pills.

Gary Shirley, Amber’s on-off-on-again boyfriend and father of her 2-year-old daughter Leah, was the one who sent his mother to check up on her after he became increasingly concerned about her state of mind following a phone conversation.

Gary’s mom called the cops who ultimately discovered Amber unconscious on a couch. “It’s believed she may have taken an overdose of some kind of pill,” the source reveals. “She also may have tried to tie a piece of rope or string around her neck.”

Star is also reporting that Amber has since regained consciousness and has been stabilized since her admittance to the emergency room.

The timing of this apparent suicide attempt is a bit surprising since Amber just received a light sentence days ago for her domestic violence case involving Gary. A search for Amber’s official twitter page shows it has been deleted though it was still up and running on June 7th.

And just moments ago, Gary made the following tweets which seem to insinuate that Amber’s suicide attempt might have been over him –

“Never cheated on Amber.. She may have thought I did, but haven’t. I will always love and respect her even if we aren’t together.”

“Due to recent events, it was best that Amber delete her Twitter.. Appreciate all those who continue to support.”

TELL US – THOUGHTS?

Adolfo Arreola

A Chicago cop has filed a lawsuit against Teresa Giudice and Caroline Manzo and other members of the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

This all stems from the widely reported brawl that took place earlier this year when the RHONJ cast visited the Dominican Republic for a vacation which was being filmed for the Bravo hit show.

Adolfo Arreola (pictured above), an officer with the University of Illinois at Chicago’s police department, claims he suffered a broken arm, blurred vision, cuts and bruises after some members of the cast “savagely beat, kicked, punched, scratched, jumped” on him and smashed glass on his head, according to his lawsuit.

His cousin Jason A. Gomez (pictured below) also claims he suffered a broken leg and a torn MCL after he came to Adolfo’s defense.

In the lawsuit uncovered by the Chicago Tribune, Adolfo, 42, and his cousin allege that on the early morning of Feb. 23, they and their families were dancing and socializing at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino bar in Punta Cana when Teresa sprayed champagne on Adolfo’s mother-in-law and mocked the 53-year-old woman as she tried to wipe the alcohol from her eyes. They allege other cast members stood around her laughing at the incident.

Adolfo states that after that, he confronted Teresa, and was attacked by cast members that included her husband, Joe Giudice, and sons of Caroline – Albie and Chris Manzo. Bravo is named in the lawsuit as well as Albie & Chris’s roommate Gregory Bennett. The earlier reports that came out stated Joe was “beating on the guy” and struck a male patron with glass.

However, this is where things get a little tricky as Adolfo acknowledges in the lawsuit that two days after the encounter on Feb. 25, he and his cousin signed an agreement agreeing to drop the matter in exchange for $25,000 apiece as long as they agreed never to sue or talk about the incident publicly.

In fact, the cousins immediately paid $8,000 to their Dominican lawyer though they claim they never cashed their $17,000 cut. Adolfo and Jason are however now claiming they signed that agreement under duress so that they could get their passports back and leave the country. Their lawyer is asking a court to declare the release invalid. It’s not clear where the money came from but it might be safe to assume it came from Bravo. It was also reported a while back that the network had no plans to air any of the fight footage.

Adolfo claims he underwent surgery on his right arm and is now undergoing physical therapy. And as for those reports that stated he punched Teresa in the face, Adolfo denies those claims.

More pictures below of Adolfo and his cousin Jason’s injuries.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE LAWSUIT? DO YOU THINK IT HAS ANY MERIT?

Ai ya ya. Crystal Harris has called off her wedding to Playboy honcho Hugh Hefner just DAYS before the wedding was set to take place.

TMZ broke the news moments ago with sources who are at the mansion revealing that Crystal, 25, and Hef, 85, got into a huge blowout over the weekend on the phone.

And when all was said and done, Crystal called off the wedding which was set to take place this Saturday and quickly moved her things out. More than 300 guests had been invited to the wedding which was scheduled to be televised on the Lifetime network in a two-hour docu-special titled Marrying Hef.

Reports came out back in April that Crystal was cheating on Hef with Jordan McGraw , 24-year-old son of the popular Dr. Phil. Crystal however denied the rumors back then stating she was imply working on her music with Jordan who is a producer.

This news is all the more surprising as it was reported weeks ago that Hef was ready to marry Crystal without a prenup. Perhaps she’s not a smart golddigger after all? Oddly enough, Crystal, pictured above with Hef last month, released her first music single just days ago.

Photo credit: Judy Eddy/WENN.com

TELL US – SURPRISED? OR DUH! YOU SAW IT COMING?

UPDATE: Hugh Hefner just made the following tweet, The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart.”

Text book frenemies Jill Zarin and Ramona Singer are at it again after sources decided to leak out a story to the press over the weekend.

The drama with the Real Housewives of New York City stars began on Sunday when “sources” told E! News that Ramona’s husband Mario Singer got into an angry confrontation with Jill during a Hamptons party on Friday.

Eyewitnesses told E! that Mario was on a mission to find Jill immediately after arriving to the party. “Once Mario found Jill, he began screaming at her and was blaming her for the fact that Ramona looks like a drunk this season on the show,” one partygoer said. “It was really sad and pathetic that Mario was screaming at Jill like this. It was abusive and everyone at the party was extremely offended.”

The “source” then goes on to add that Jill, who oddly enough was photographed putting her finger in castmate Sonja Morgan’s face just last week, was “scared” and taken aback by the confrontation.

“She was just standing there speechless and looked scared and finally a guest had to get in between Jill and Mario and push him away from her. Bobby [Jill’s husband] had some words with Mario and told him to back off of his wife,” added the source. Jill’s rep then goes on to confirm the story to E! News, stating, “Sadly, this story is accurate.”

Ramona is however responding to the story and unlike others who shall remain nameless, she shoots straight with the press. Ramona states that while Jill and Mario did talk, the above claims are exaggerated. “So not true,” Ramona told E!. “Did they talk? Yes. Then she, Jill, walked away.”

Ramona goes on to state Jill and her reps leaked this story to the press. “Jill has her reps make up exaggerated stories about me as this is the only way she can get press. So sad, isn’t it?” Ramona adds.

And moments after E! published Ramona’s comments, partygoer Trevor Cork went on record telling E! that Ramona is lying about the incident. “It is in fact 100% true that Mario attacked Jill and everyone at the party saw it happen. I had to get between Mario and Jill just to get him off of her,” said Trevor.

And who is this unbiased partygoer you ask? Just the rumored boyfriend of Jill’s manager/rep Darren Bettencourt. In fact when you google Trevor’s name, the first photo that comes up is a recent picture of him with Darren.

TELL US – WAS THIS STORY LEAKED BY CAMP JILL? WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? JILL OR RAMONA?

UPDATE – Jill’s rep Darren is denying he leaked this story to E!, citing he was contacted by E! to comment on the story.