The winner of of Matt Grant‘s heart on The Bachelor: London Calling, Shayne Lamas, is getting her own reality show on the E! Network. Shayne and Matt broke up last year due to rumors Matt wanted to marry her for a green card and that Shayne had allegedly cheated on him.
Leave it to Lamaswill follow the former Bachelor star and the rest of her family as they live their Hollywood lifestyles.
We can expect to see some major drama on the show as it will feature Shayne’s dad — Lorenzo Lamas, as well as Shayne’s brother — AJ Lamas. It is alleged that Shauna Sand, Lorenzo’s fourth wife and a former Playboy model, allegedly slept with AJ, her 18-year-old stepson a while back. It should make for interesting TV to see how the family deals with this tidbit of info.
Shayne’s half sister Dakota Pike, their mom and Lorenzo’s ex-wife Michele Smith, will also make appearances on the show. The show is being produced by Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss.
Leave it to Lamas is set to premiere Sunday, October 11 at 10:30pm ET –immediately after The Girls Next Door‘s sixth season premiere.
The last seasons of both The Bachelor and Bachelorette have both ended with a bang, as Bachelorette winner Ed Swiderski seems to be sleeping with everyone including his fiancé Jillian Harris and two ex-girlfriends – Bethany SteffenandLindsey Johnson. Despite all the cheating accusations surrounding Ed and Jillian, the Bachelor producers are already casting for the next season of the Bachelor.
There have been rumors that Jake Pavelka, Reid Rosenthal or Kiptyn Locke will likely be the next Bachelor. These three are all fan favorites from this season of The Bachelorette. The Bachelor Producer, Mike Fleiss, has now confirmed one of the three will be the next Bachelor to Entertainment Tonight. “When the new season of The Bachelor premieres, look for Reid, Kiptyn or Jake to be handing out the red roses,” says Fleiss.
While the producers have yet to announce when the next Bachelor will be revealed, we can definitely continue to count on both Ed and Jillian to keep us occupied with the cheating/break up allegations.
According to our polls, you all want Reid to be the next Bachelor. I guess we will wait and see.
Even after 30-year-old realtor, Reid Rosenthal, was eliminated from the The Bachelorette, he remained persistent. He returned to Hawaii so he could propose to Jillian Harris, leading to a second rejection.
“I thought I was the best guy with her,” Reid admits. “I knew I wanted to spend tomorrow. I wasn’t 100 percent sure we were going to get married in six months or a year, but I knew she was someone I wanted to spend a lot of time with. I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her.”
Reid also wanted to clarify that returning to Hawaii was his own idea and based on his feelings for Jillian. The producers were not involved but had to ensure it was okay. Even though he has strong feelings for Jillian, Reid says he wishes her the best with her engagement.
As a realtor, Reid’s contact information has to be public so he has hired a staff to assist with phone calls and emails. He also believes that his appearance on the show has been beneficial for business, however he is uncertain if he could do it again if invited to be the star of the next “The Bachelor”. One thing he also learned and hopes will help in future relationships is to effectively express his feelings.
In an interview with ET, Exec Producer Mike Fleiss says the new “The Bachelor” will be announced in a couple of months. In addition, he is also paying attention to who the fans want to see based on the poll results on abc.com.
Interestingly, our poll and ABC.com shows Reid in the lead as being the new bachelor.
The Bachelor’s producer Mike Fleiss is partnering up with FOX network to create an all new dating show for plus sized women. The show will be titled “More To Love.” “For six years it’s been skinny-minis and good-looking bachelors, and that’s not what the dating world looks like,” Fox president of alternative Mike Darnell said. “Why don’t real women — the women who watch these shows, for the most part — have a chance to find love too?”
The show will have a similar format to “Bachelor,” where a group of woman compete for one man (producers describe him as a “Kevin James-type”). Fleiss had previously teamed up with FOX network and helped create the controversial “Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?” in 2000.
Fleiss says, “Most of the country isn’t a Size 2, It’s the dating show for the rest of us.” The show is currently casting. No premier date has been set yet.