Topics

Steve Carbone

According to a report, past Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants have had it with the show’s super strict rules and are not taking it any more!

The coalition or planned class action lawsuit rather is being led by Jesse Csincsak, winner of the Bachelorette season 4 with Deanna Pappas.

In an interview with CupidsPulse.com, Jesse reveals he and other show contestants have spoken to attorneys and are in discussion to file the lawsuit against the show’s creators Mike Fleiss and Elan Gale.

“Once you’re on the show, they own you,” Jesse said. ”Even when your contract is up, they still interfere in your life and prevent you from promoting other brands and making money.”

Jesse, who does a lot of interviews/blogs posts about the shows and even hosts Bachelor(ette) events, reveals the last straw for him came when Gale contacted his business partners and other companies telling them not to work with him. Jesse adds that the producers have also contacted former other show contestants threatening to blacklist them if they participate in any of his events.

Jesse, who is now married to former Bachelor contestant Ann Lueders, explains how the planned class action lawsuit came about. “I had planned to file my own lawsuit last month but after discussions with numerous people and former Bachelor contestants, we realized that this issue is much bigger than me,” he said.

And in a separate interview with Star magazine earlier this month, the former pro skateboarder referred to Fleiss as a bully. “He thinks he owns me and can keep me from making money. I just want to feed my family,” said Jesse, adding: “I want Fleiss to treat me like he wants to be treated… if he wants me to leave him alone, he needs to leave me alone.”

Yikes, this is certain to get ugly. It, however, appears Jesse and others have a real shot at winning this case as back in 2003, the show’s producers sued former Bachelor Season 4 star, Bob Guiney, accusing him of violating his contract by promoting his cd and music video. Bob ended up winning that case.

It was also reported last month that the show filed a lawsuit against Steve Carbone, who operates the site RealitySteve.com, known for revealing pretty accurate spoilers about the show. The lawsuit alleged Steve was offering contestants financial incentives to break their show contracts.

[Photo Credit: Judy Eddy/WENN.com]

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THIS PLANNED CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? SHOULD THE CONTESTANTS BE ALLOWED TO MAKE A LIVING OFF THE SHOW AFTER THEIR SEASONS END?


Bloggers beware! In today’s surprising news the producers of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are suing the popular blogger realitysteve.com for soliciting information to be used for leaking spoilers about their hit shows!

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in California Federal Court NZK Productions and Alternative Television, Inc — the producers of the shows — are claiming the defendant, blogger Steve Carbone (a.k.a. realitysteve) is ” attempting to have contestants breach their confidentiality pledges.” The website has leaked such high-profile information as the location of the shows, the final three, the winners, even going so far as to disclose the participants before ABC officially releases the cast list. In exchange for realitysteve contacting participants for classified gossip they want at least $75,000 in damages.

Participants in the ABC shows are required to sign contracts barring them from divulging “non-public” information about the shows. Realitysteve is accused of learning “confidential information” about the series by “contacting and soliciting information from participants, cast, crew, and other employees of the series.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, show employees are told that they will face high penalties upwards of a million dollars for disclosing the info, but according to the suit Carbone “allegedly contacted them with knowledge they were subject to confidentiality obligations.” Supporting this claim, the producers have included an email supposedly sent by realitysteve to a Bachelor contestant on Nov 17. It reads:

“Let me just say, I’m very well aware of your contract. I also know that over 500 contestants have been on this show and not one of them has ever been sued for the $5 million. It’s just a scare tactic. Trust me. Just like they had no idea you sent me that last email, they’ll have no idea about any correspondence either. I know you’re scared and a little paranoid by it, but don’t be. Unless they are hacking your email or tapping your phone, there’s absolutely no way for them to find out.”

In exchange for providing him with information, realitysteve allegedly offered the participant $2,500 if she were willing to breach her contract. “Since you are a student, and I know you have loans up the ying-yang, I’d be willing to compensate you… I swear, this is the easiest money you’d ever make and you and I are the only two people that would know.”

The producers claim this is not an isolated incident and include several other examples of where realitysteve contacted participants and former participants for information to further his site. According to the producers realitysteve was sent more than one cease and desist letters, which were ignored, before they sought legal action against the blogger for “intentional interference with contractual relations and unfair competition and demanding at least $75,000 in damages and an injunction.”

It is interesting to note that despite the producers so-called ire that realitysteve referred to their confidentiality contracts as “scare-tactics” they are not seeking damages against any of the show participants who broke their own contracts!

Rebutting against the lawsuit realitysteve posted a “statement” about claims and insists: “I have not been served a lawsuit, nor have I even seen this lawsuit, so I have no specific comment at this time.”

Instead he posted the communication he received from the production companys’ attorneys. realitysteve’s attorney, Brad Kizzia, insists there has been “no interference” with participants’ contracts and alludes to the website seeking legal action against the plantiffs! “For your clients to sue Mr. Carbone would be unnecessary – at best a waste of the parties time and expense and at worst, an illegal slap action attempting to deny Mr. Carbone’s First Amendment rights.”

Well, this is all very interesting! And in case you weren’t aware Ben Flajnik‘s season of The Bachelor premieres next month…

[Photo Credit: WENN.com]

THOUGHTS? DO THE PRODUCERS HAVE A RIGHT TO SUE REALITYSTEVE FOR LEAKING SPOILERS ABOUT THEIR SHOW? SHOULD THEY BE TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE PARTICIPANTS THAT LEAK INFORMATION INSTEAD? DO YOU BELIEVE THIS A FRIVILOUS LAWSUIT TO GENERATE PUBLICITY FOR THE SHOW OR IS THAT JUST ME?

Is The Bachelor franchise ready to do something it has never done before?

According to Star magazine, that answer is yes! Star is reporting that Brad Womack, who starred on 11th season of the Bachelor in 2007, has been chosen to once again star on the upcoming season. Brad is infamous for not picking anyone during his season, dumping his final two women, Deanna Pappas and Jenni Croft.

“All signs are pointing to Brad being the next Bachelor,” Bachelor insider Steve Carbone tells Star. “And it’s not that far fetched because apparently they asked him last year before asking Jake Pavelka.”

This comes as a huge surprise as ABC had been privately and publicly courting Chris Lambton to be the next Bachelor, but as reported back in August, Chris refused ABC’s offer citing that he wanted to step away from the spotlight and return to his “normal life.”

Star magazine adds that ABC will be making the announcement any day now. PEOPLE magazine is also reporting that the next season of the Bachelor is scheduled to begin filming next month.

Ali Fedotowsky graces this week’s cover of InTouch magazine with the headline, ‘Bachelorette Lies & Betrayal.’ Please note that this story contains some spoilers about the show, so please do not read any further if you do not want to know any spoilers.

The magazine touches on the men that will end up betraying Ali this season on The Bachelorette, case in point Justin Rego, who had not one, but two girlfriends while on the show. The not so big shocker comes when the mag claims the show’s producers might have knowingly set up Ali with unsuitable guys, simply to create drama for the show.

Ali’s mom, Beth Johnson, tells the mag that when it comes to falling in love, Ali has never had a specific physical type. “It doesn’t matter” to Ali what her dates look like. In fact, “Ali has dated guys who are unattractive in other people’s eyes. It is who they are inside that matters!”

Frank kissing girlfriend Nicole Caruso

And it seems the show’s producers decided to take advantage of Ali’s “open — and somewhat needy — nature” by steering her into the arms of more than one unsuitable guy. While it’s been widely reported that wrestler Justin will be sent home for two timing Ali, In Touch also reveals that nice guy manager Frank Neuschafer also has a major secret of his own.

“Frank was the early favorite because he had the first date of the season with Ali, but by the end of the show, women are going to hate him,” Bachelorette insider “Reality” Steve Carbone tells In Touch. According to Steve, Frank has a girlfriend back in Chicago whom he’s “still in love with.” And even though the producers were aware of this, they never warned Ali, 25, thus leaving her heartbroken and humiliated when she found out.

“Ali was left in the dark,” says Steve, who reveals that she went so far as to take Frank to Tahiti as one of her final three — only to have him tell her, in the midst of a super-romantic date, that his heart belongs to Nicole back home. “There was no rose ceremony — he just left,” Steve shares, adding that it was devastating for Ali.

There are however conflicting reports about Frank and this GF. While a previous report claims Frank and Nicole Caruso, 23, were broken up before he went on the show, Star magazine claims Frank was still with Nicole before leaving to do the show. The mag claims he only went on the Bachelorette to try to further his career.

“Frank wants a screenwriting career, and he assured her that he was only going on The Bachelorette for the show business exposure,” a friend of Nicole tells Star. “This whole business about Frank wistfully longing for a former girlfriend seems like a sham. He and Nicole were rock-solid when he left for the show, and I believe they still are. He never had any interest in Ali.”

Videos

Entertainment News

RealityTea.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. company. ©2014 All rights reserved. 
| AdChoices
Wordpress Design by Blog Design Studio