Sick of hearing about the Millennial Generation? Well you’ll have a chance to officially root against them – or for them – when Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen-X premieres on Sept 21. Today, CBS and host Jeff Probst announced the 20 cast members that will be competing for the million dollar prize and title of Sole Survivor, when the 33rd season of the grand-daddy of all Reality TV shows, Survivor, returns this Fall.
This announcement comes with a bit of personal news: Long-time followers and readers of mine will notice that I am no longer the “Survivor Examiner,” but instead I’m writing from my new digs, at RealityTea.com. You can look forward to the same in-depth coverage of the show we love, with weekly episode previews, full recaps, and exit interviews with the voted-out castaways. Thanks for your ongoing support!
So who are the 10 all-new Millennials and 10 all-new Gen-Xers who will appear this coming season?
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON FOR MORE!
The generational battle on Survivor this season will initially pit 10 Millennials (The Vanua Tribe) against 10 Gen-Xers (The Takali Tribe). Without further ado, here are your castaways:
The Vanua Tribe (Millennials)
- Michaela Bradshaw: Age: 25, a Vacation Club Salesperson from Fort Worth, Texas
- Michelle Schubert: Age: 28, a Missionary Recruiter from Yakima, Washington
- Jessica “Figgy” Figueroa: Age: 23, a Bartender from Nashville, Tenn.
- Adam Klein: Age: 25, a Homeless Shelter Manager from San Francisco, Calif.
- Hannah Shapiro: Age: 24, a Barista from West Hollywood, Calif.
- Zeke Smith: Age: 28, an Asset Manager from Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Justin “Jay” Starrett: Age: 27, a Real Estate Agent from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Taylor Stocker: Age: 24, a Ski Instructor from Post Falls, Idaho
- Mari Takahashi: Age: 31, a Professional Gamer from Los Angeles, Calif.
- Will Wahl: Age: 18, a High School Student from Long Valley, N.J.
The Takali Tribe (Gen X)
- Rachel Ako: Age: 37, a Recruiting Director from Los Angeles, Calif.
- Sunday Burquest: Age: 45, a Youth Pastor from Ostego, Minn.
- Chris Hammons: Age: 38, a Trial Lawyer from Moore, Okla.
- Lucy Huang: Age: 42, a Dietitian from Diamond Bar, Calif.
- Bret LaBelle: Age: 42, a Police Sergeant from Dedham, Mass.
- Jessica Lewis: Age: 37, an Asst. District Attorney from Voorheesville, N.Y.
- Ken McNickle: Age: 33, a Model from Denver, Colo.
- Ciandre “CeCe” Taylor: Age: 39, an Insurance Adjuster from Granada Hills, Calif.
- Paul Wachter: Age: 52, a Boat Mechanic from Sugarloaf Key, Fla.
- David Wright: Age: 42, a Television Writer from Sherman Oaks, Calif.
Season 33 (and 34, which airs in Spring 2017) was filmed on location in Fiji this past year. According to EW.com, Jeff Probst says that the generational split will lead to high drama, and that severe weather this season leads to yet another “Survivor first.”
It’s interesting to note that Millennial, Will Wahl, at age 18 is the youngest contestant in the show’s history. Also interesting, is that 31 year-old Mari Takahashi is on the Millennial tribe, yet at age 33, Ken McNickle qualified as a Gen-Xer. Apparently there is a fine line between generations, at least when it comes to casting.
Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen-X will premiere with a 90-minute episode on Wednesday, Sept 21. Be sure to check back here for all of the latest Survivor coverage leading up to the start of Season 33 and beyond!
You can follow me on Twitter: @tomsantilli
If you’re looking for even more Survivor news, check out SurvivorFever, too.
TELL US – WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW CAST?
Editor’s note: I know it has been a few seasons since we’ve covered Survivor, but we hope you’ll join us in welcoming Survivor Super Expert Tom and his Survivor friends to Reality Tea since their former home at the Examiner closed up shop. We’re looking forward to having the show coverage on the site once again!
Photo Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS Entertainment