Megan Hauserman is ready to move on, following the cancellation of her VH1 reality show Megan Wants a Millionaire. The show was cancelled after the apparent suicide of one of her potential suitors on the show, who was named as the main suspect in a gruesome murder.
“It’s been a very challenging time,” she told PEOPLE in Las Vegas Friday while hosting a party at The Playground. “I’m happy to move forward at this point. It’s been a very upsetting, sad, tragic situation that nobody could have expected.”
Ryan Jenkins, a crazy slick-talking real estate developer, was the focus of an international manhunt that ended when he was found dead in a Canadian hotel room. Ryan was suspected of killing his wife, bikini model Jasmine Fiore, then stuffing her mutilated body in a suitcase.
Megan, who has starred in five reality shows, says she’s is currently working with animal rescue charities, traveling and hanging with her friends to move on from the terrible events of the past month.
Megan is also rumored to be getting a new reality show though she is not speaking about it.
“I really enjoy being on TV and I love my fans,” she says. “I want to continue doing TV work.”
Megan Wants A Millionaire contestant, Ryan Jenkins, has been officially charged with murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore. Ryan, who is still on the run, is suspected to have fled to Canada by foot. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Fiore’s body was found Saturday morning stuffed in a suitcase which was thrown in a dumpster in Buena Park, CA. According to TMZ, Jasmine’s teeth and fingers had been removed.
Tmz is also reporting that Ryan has a violent past. He was convicted in 2005 for assaulting a girlfriend, and also recently had a complaint filed against him in June, for allegedly striking the now deceased Jasmine.
51 Minds – the company that produces “Megan Wants a Millionaire” — admits it was not aware that Jenkins had been convicted of assaulting a girlfriend when he was cast on the show. Part of their statement is below –
Obviously, if the company had been given a full picture of his background, he would never have been allowed on the show. The company did have in place what it thought was a thorough vetting process that involved complete background checks by an outside company for all contestants on its shows. Clearly, the process did not work properly in this case.“
CLICK HERE to see photos of Jasmine Fiore plus the rumored winner of Megan Wants A Millionaire.
In light of recent controversy surrounding one of the contestants of Megan Wants A Millionaire, VH1 has decided to postpone all future airings of the show. The rumored winner of the show is below. Their full statement is –
“Ryan Jenkins was a contestant on ‘Megan Wants A Millionaire’, an outside production, produced and owned by 51 Minds, that is licensed to VH1. The show completed production at the end of March. Given the unfortunate circumstances, VH1 has postponed any future airings. This is a tragic situation and our thoughts go out to the victim’s family.”
The exact controversy involves MWA contestant Ryan Jenkins being listed as a person of interest in the murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore. Though he has yet to be charged, all signs point to him being the main suspect.
I’m a bit surprised VH1 is taking such a drastic measure considering Ryan’s alleged actions occurred after he filmed the show. VH1 has even gone as far as to remove information about the show from their website. I believe they are overreacting, as the guy is yet to be charged with a crime.
Plus Ryan is said to be a contestant on the yet to air, I Love Money 3, I wonder if they will yanking that off the air as well?
UPDATE – Megan Wants A Millionaire rumored winner below –
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW –
The rumor is that TJ Diab (please highlight to see name) won Megan Wants A Millionaire, with Ryan being the runner up. I cannot verify the accuracy of this rumor. TMZ however confirmed Ryan was one of the finalists for the show.
Photos of The Cast Can Be See Here.
VH1 is known for bringing us strippers, “models,” and sometimes pornstars when it comes to their dating shows, but could murderer now be included in that category?
TMZ is reporting Ryan Alexander Jenkins, one of the contestants of Megan Wants A Millionaire, is wanted as a person of interest in the murder of playboy representative, Jasmine Fiore. Jasmine was found dead in a trash bin in Buena Park last Saturday morning. She was first reported missing by Ryan on Saturday night.
The story takes an interesting twist as Ryan and Jasmine were actually married. According to TMZ, Ryan married Jasmine just 2 days after meeting her at a Las Vegas strip club earlier this year. It is reported that Ryan married Jasmine shortly after being eliminated from Megan Wants A Millionaire — he was one of the finalists.
In an interview with TMZ, Megan Hauserman said Jenkins was smart, nice and she is shocked by the turn of events.
As of now, Ryan remains at large. His lawyer contacted TMZ, saying Ryan plans on meeting with authorities in the near future.
A mugshot of Ryan plus photos of Jasmine Fiore below –