Apparently Bravo has been put in a tight spot regarding what to do with the now infamous White House party crashers, Michaele and Tareq Salahi. As it has been widely reported, the two have been filming for the all new Real Housewives of Washington D.C.
Though Bravo has continuously said the couple has simply been auditioning to be on the show, we previously reported that they have been filming for months with the other cast members. In simple terms, it would be pretty impossible to axe the Salahis out of the show at this point, and still have a show. Removing them from the show would likely mean having to begin filming all over again.
A new report now reveals that NBC Universal, the parent company of Bravo, has been polling consumers about perceptions of the infamous couple, who have been the subject of negative publicity since crashing President Obama’s first state dinner Nov. 24. It seems NBCU is trying to gauge consumer perceptions of the couple. The questions being asked include What are the first words that pop into your head when you think of the White House Gate Crashers story? and How did you feel about the amount and type of coverage the White House Gate Crashers story has received?
A previous report also revealed that Andy Cohen, host and Senior Vice president of Original Programming of Bravo, and other Bravo execs were having 2nd thoughts, and wanted the Salahis removed from the show.
The Salahis are currently the subject of a federal investigation. A Congressional committee voted to subpoena the couple for a Janaury 20 hearing on Capitol Hill. Their lawyer has however said they will invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
Bravo began developing The Real Housewives of D.C. in May and officially ordered the fifth edition of its Real Housewives franchise in October. No word yet on whether or not the Salahis will be coming to a Bravo channel near you soon.