Author Archive

Snooki skinny

Holy moly! It seems Jersey Shore star Snooki has spent the last couple of weeks hitting the gym!

The pint-sized MTV reality star showed off her new slimmer figure this week via a set of photos on her twitter page. In her recent photos, the 23-year-old appears to be at her slimmest yet since joining the mega-hit show almost two years ago.

And if Snooki’s recent tweets are any indication, she did it the old fashioned way – through diet and exercise. “As everyones planning their night at the club, I’m wondering when Golds closes lol. #motivated,” tweeted the Snooks on April 16 referencing the popular Gold’s Gym.

“Water is my new best friend. #dieting,” she also tweeted on April 15. Snooki, who has been open about her battle with bulimia and anorexia in the past, told UsWeekly back in January, “I just want to get back into shape like I used to be.” She is definitely well on her way! More recent photos of Snooki from this week below.

Snooki and the rest of the gang will jet off to Italy to shoot season 4 sometime in May. And speaking of Italy, it seems the mayor of Italian city Florence (the city the Jersey Shore gang will be getting their GTL on) has issued the cast a list of rules to abide by during filming.

The New York Post reports Matteo Renzi, made the list of rules public via Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera. The rules are below –

— The cast will not be filmed in bars and clubs that serve alcohol.
— The cast will not be filmed drinking in public.
— The show will not be filmed to promote Florence as a drinking town.
— The show should be filmed in a manner to promote Italy (not Americans visiting Italy) and feature it’s culture and good food.

So let’s see, no drinking in public and no bars that serve alcohol. So are you as worried about season 4 as we are? As we reported weeks ago, the Italians got a glimpse of the Jersey Shore series for the first time last month when the show began airing there and they were not impressed with the cast’s shenanigans. “They embody the worst stereotypes of Italians, multiplied by thousands and Americanized,” columnist Roberto Del Bove lamented.

And finally, Life & Style magazine is reporting that The Situation, who reportedly earned $5 million last year, is not the only JS cast member raking in the dough!

DJ Pauly D reportedly earns half a million dollars a month according to the mag! “He makes at least $500,000 a month,” an insider tells Life & Style. And how does he earn that much? Apparently with his DJ gigs, endorsement deals, and his own spin-off TV series. He is also reportedly in talks with 50 Cent to sign with the rapper’s record label, G-Unit.

Pauly D’s most lucrative job of all is apparently being one of the nation’s most in-demand DJs right now. “That alone commands up to $40,000 per set, and he does three to six gigs per week,” the insider says. Mamma mia! It really pays to be a fist-pumper.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON SNOOKI’S WEIGHT LOSS, THE MAYOR’S RULES & DJ PAULY D’S EARNINGS?

Move over Kim Zolciak Danielle Staub Countess LuAnn! We have another singing ‘Housewife’ on our hands, except this time around it’s a man baby!

Yes, Real Housewives of New York City star Simon van Kempen has decided to branch out into a singing career.

Brace yourself as Simon, hubby of Alex McCord, unleashed his debut single, ‘I Am Real,’ on us today via Popeater. I Am Real is described as “a bass-thumping, synth-heavy dance track filled with defiant lyrics aimed at “cheeky tongue waggers.””

“I thought ‘I Am Real’ is a fun song with lyrics that suit me to a ‘T,'” says Simon . “It’s cheeky and catchy and captures my four years on reality TV.”

Simon’s new song include genius lyrics such as “Gold and diamonds glitter. But the taste is slightly bitter. When wives attack behind my back, they trash me on the Twitter.” Are you paying attention folks at the Grammys!? When asked what artist is most similar to him, Simon states, “I’d say Jarvis Cocker, but I don’t want to be Pulp’d.”

So, no need to wait any longer. The new single of Simon van Kempen is below! And it’s actually not that bad no?

[polldaddy poll=4951766]

TELL US – SIMON’S NEW SINGLE: HOT OR NOT?

From L to R: Kim Lewin, Raquel Miller, Pat Smith, Tina Majerle and Lori Citron

Will there or won’t there be a Real Housewives of Scottsdale seems to be the lingering question today.

According to a number of local media outlets in Arizona, the new housewives franchise is indeed in the works! KPHO.com reports a pilot for the Scottsdale Housewives will begin filming this week at the VIP opening of Scottsdale Quarter’s Drybar.

A source tells the site that three cast members have admitted to having signed show contracts. Another media outlet Arizona Foothills confirms the same story, stating that three women have signed on for the show.

Those three women are Lori Citron, wife of anesthesiologist Gregg Citron; Tina Majerle, wife of former Phoenix Suns player Dan Majerle; and, Kim Lewin. The three ladies are pictured above at a 2008 event. Other possible cast members include Juliette Irakliev, Raquel Miller, Raya Cavernes and Char Hubb.

Sounds pretty good right? Except Bravo’s own Andy Cohen denied the news on his twitter page yesterday. When a fan asked him about the show, he simply replied “No truth.”

However, it is very possible that both Andy and the media outlets are right. Why you ask? Well for one, shooting a pilot simply means shooting a pilot. It means the show hasn’t been officially picked up by the network yet, and will only get picked up if the network likes what they see.

So the moral of this story folks is that it’s a definite possibility the Real Housewives of Scottsdale might soon be a reality… show; that is if the ladies can bring the drama. We’re guessing following the D.C. and Miami disasters, Bravo is playing it safe when it comes to new franchises. So the Scottsdale ladies had better bring it or else the show will just remain a pilot.

As for Andy’s previous comments of there being no plans for new housewives series, it’s very unlikely he has the lone say in that issue as there are other higher ups at Bravo that get a say as well. But at the end of the day, the fact that Bravo is shooting a new housewives pilot debunks that statement as it at least confirms the network is still open to adding on more housewives series. Plus Andy made that statement before the recent cancellation of the DC Housewives, which leaves room for the network to add a new franchise.

In the meantime, we will continue to daydream about our dream franchise aka the Real Housewives of Dallas. Sigh.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THE POSSIBILITY OF A REAL HOUSEWIVES OF SCOTTSDALE? WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FRANCHISE?


It seems Michaele Salahi, a self described former model, is not Playboy Magazine material after all.

See, the Real Housewives of DC star attempted to crash the pages of the mag by taking some nude pics for them, but according to TMZ, Michaele has officially been rejected by the Playboy higher ups.

Sources involved with the spread tell TMZ Michaele receved a rejection letter from Playboy very recently via email. “There is no opportunity this calendar year to offer you a cover opportunity or place for your pictorial,” said the email. Ouch!

Playboy then threw the 45-year-old Michaele a bone, informing her they would instead feature her on the website. “We had hoped an issue would be available to present you in the pages of the magazine first. However, that does not seem likely and we do not want to keep them from our readers any longer.”

The Playboy shoot for Michaele was first announced last September. And as we reported this week, Michaele’s husband Tareq Salahi recently took some test shots for Playgirl magazine. Bikini photos of Michaele below including one Playboy test shot!

In today’s shocking news, former Bachelor winner Shayne Lamas is still going strong with husband of a year Nik Richie. If you recall, the two tied the knot last year in April after only knowing each other for a few hours.

Not as shocking is the news that Shayne, winner of the Bachelor Season 12, is now pregnant! “The Lamas-Richie family is happy, healthy and definitely pregnant,” tweeted Shayne, 25, early Wednesday.

As for Nik, founder of the popular site thedirty.com, he tells Radar Online he is “really excited.” Nik adds, “I like her boobs more right now.”

Nik also makes it clear he would rather have a boy. “If I have a girl I’ll probably never talk to the kid, probably file for divorce,” he joked. “She’ll have an eating disorder by age two.” Shayne is reportedly due on 11-11-11. New bikini photos of Shayne showing off her baby bump below!

In other Bachelor alum news, the Rumorfix is reporting that Jake Pavelka is now dating Gia Allemand, one of the ladies he eliminated on his season.

The site reports Jake went surfing with Gia Sunday in Manhattan Beach, California with the duo also having a dinner date at popular restaurant Katsuya the same weekend. “I officially am obsessed with surfing….” tweeted Gia on Sunday night. “Awesome day of surfing in Manhattan Beach!” tweeted Jake the same night.

Jake rejected Gia during his season of the Bachelor, after she made it to his top three, in favor of Vienna Girardi whom he had a nasty public break up with last year. As we reported weeks ago, Jake is currently in Los Angeles shooting a new reality show for VH1 with Heidi Montag and Danielle Staub.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON SHAYNE’S PREGNANCY? PLUS IS GIA SMART FOR GIVING JAKE ANOTHER CHANCE?

Click The Continue Reading Button To See Bikini Photos of Shayne Showing Off Her Baby Bump!

Following a patriotic-themed night on Monday’s Dancing With the Stars show, Kendra Wilkinson, Ralph Macchio and Petra Nemcova found themselves in a three-way tie at the bottom of the scoreboard, as they each scored a 22.

While some predicted Kendra would be the one sent packing, that fate was ultimately suffered by 31-year-old supermodel Petra and her partner Dmitry Chaplin for their quickstep. Petra’s elimination seemed to stun the judges, who gave her a standing ovation. “Petra’s been fantastic,” said judge Len Goodman after Petra landed in the bottom two. “Two weeks ago, she was [on] top of the leaderboard. It’s madness!”

“It’s been a life changing journey for me,” Petra said. “So many people got inspired because of Dancing With the Stars that I started to do dance-a-thons at schools to fundraise for [my charity] and change the lives of so many children around the world.”

Petra also spoke highly of her partner Dmitry. “He’s been an incredible friend, like a big brother to me,” she said.

Meanwhile, it was announced yesterday that recently-ousted American Idol contestant Pia Toscano will perform on the show next Tuesday for her new beau Mark Ballas! Yes Pia will perform while Mark dances to her song. Following their first date 2 weeks ago, the two have been seen spending more time together.

And as for that New York Post report that stated Pia didn’t bother breaking up with Carlos Nunez, her boyfriend of four years, before she went on a date with Mark, sources tell TMZ it is false. The source adds that Pia and Carlos had been broken up for two months before she came to Hollywood in March.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON DWTS’ VOTING RESULTS? DID PETRA DESERVE TO GO HOME?

With two months left until her June due date, Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kim Zolciak celebrated her baby shower with the help of some of her costars over the weekend!

Kim, who is expecting child #3 with NFL player beau Kroy Beirmann, is said to have had an “extravagant” baby shower according to the TalkingWithTami blog. She wore a Rafael Cennamo dress with Guiseppe Stilettos at the baby shower which took place at the Grand Atrium in downtown Atlanta.

In attendance were Kim’s costars Kandi Burruss, Phaedra Parks and her hubby Apollo Nida, Kim’s assistant Sweetie Hughes. Also in attendance but not pictured were Sheree Whitfield and Cynthia Bailey. Not in attendance of course was Kim’s frenemy Nene Leakes who publicly stated last month that she is “not interested in seeing the baby, and I have no plans to send a gift.”

As for Kim, it seems she is unhappy with the release of these photos as she tweeted yesterday, “Wow I invite a “friend” to the shower and she releases pics to the press!! Unreal! Several others cud of but haven’t.”

Click The Continue Reading Button For More Photos From Kim’s Baby Shower!

In a new interview, Real Housewives of Miami star Marysol Patton displays some refreshing honesty when she candidly discusses the first season of the Bravo show and why it failed to impress some fans.

For starters, the show seemed to have all the makings of its successful Bravo counterparts, such as the catfights, dramatic dinners from hell, and even a party crashing incident, but for some reason, it just didn’t gel well together. The RHOM brought in pretty low ratings for Bravo, even lower than the Real Housewives of DC which was recently canceled.

“The ratings? I knew why that was happening,” said Marysol to the Daily Beast. “They literally told us 10 days before it aired that the show was going to air.” The Daily Beast however notes it was actually 19 days; with Bravo making the officially announcement to postpone the NYC Housewives in favor of the RHOM on Feb. 3. The Miami Housewives made its debut on Feb. 22.

“We got one week’s promotion,” Marysol continued. “All the other shows get two months of, ‘It’s coming, it’s coming, it’s coming!’ What kind of following can you get when there’s only one of advertising?”

And Marysol, who owns a PR company, wasn’t happy with the very short time they had to promote the show. “When we were told, all of a sudden everyone in [my] office froze. We looked at each in awe, like, What are we going to do? We looked at each other like, Why do we all feel so paralyzed? I didn’t know what to do. We had to let Bravo do their thing, I couldn’t go gang-busters doing my own PR. So I had to sit back and watch… We were all frozen and frustrated.”

Marysol also points out what has been widely reported which is that the show was not intended to be a housewives series. In fact, she reveals when she was first approached by Bravo to do the show, it was sold to her as an untitled project “about women in business and philanthropy.”

“It wasn’t supposed to be a Housewives show,” said Marysol adding that Bravo considered different titles such as Miami Caliente and Miami Chicas. “So they did a lot of work scenes, which got cut out.” And when the show finally aired, her storyline “was turned into romance and my mom.”

Marysol reveals she and her costars were told their show would become a Real Housewives series after filming wrapped. She adds that she wasn’t happy most of her work scenes were cut out, echoing the same sentiments of her costar Cristy Rice who stated she was disappointed Bravo failed to make mention of her boutique, which she has had for 12 years.

Despite everything, Marysol makes it clear she enjoyed the Housewives experience and most importantly her mom, Elsa Patton, who has become a fan favorite and now has her own twitter account, loves the attention that comes with the show.

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON MARYSOL’S COMMENTS ABOUT WHY THE RHOM FLOPPED?

Instead, her narrative “was turned into romance and my mom.”