According to TMZ, Lynne and Frank were supposed to appear in a California courtroom yesterday to answer questions relating to a $1.2 million judgment they were ordered to pay to a former business partner. The couple completely bailed on the proceedings by failing to show up.
This led to the Judge issuing a bench warrant for the Curtins, meaning they can both be arrested at any given time. The Curtins seem to be having a bad year as they were also evicted from their rented home back in August for owing over $10,000 in back rent.
Though Bravo has continuously said the couple has simply been auditioning to be on the show, we previously reported that they have been filming for months with the other cast members. In simple terms, it would be pretty impossible to axe the Salahis out of the show at this point, and still have a show. Removing them from the show would likely mean having to begin filming all over again.
A new report now reveals that NBC Universal, the parent company of Bravo, has been polling consumers about perceptions of the infamous couple, who have been the subject of negative publicity since crashing President Obama’s first state dinner Nov. 24. It seems NBCU is trying to gauge consumer perceptions of the couple. The questions being asked include What are the first words that pop into your head when you think of the White House Gate Crashers story? and How did you feel about the amount and type of coverage the White House Gate Crashers story has received?
A previous report also revealed thatAndy Cohen, host and Senior Vice president of Original Programming of Bravo, and other Bravo execs were having 2nd thoughts, and wanted the Salahis removed from the show.
The Salahis are currently the subject of a federal investigation. A Congressional committee voted to subpoena the couple for a Janaury 20 hearing on Capitol Hill. Their lawyer has however said they will invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
Bravo began developing The Real Housewives of D.C. in May and officially ordered the fifth edition of its Real Housewives franchise in October. No word yet on whether or not the Salahis will be coming to a Bravo channel near you soon.
TELL US – SHOULD BRAVO AXE THE SALAHIS FROM THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DC?
The third season of The Real Housewives of NYC has yet to air, but judging from the recent events that have taken place in past months, it’s safe to say this will be a drama filled season.
“The minute I can, I will call you and give you all the dirt,” says housewife Kelly Killoren Bensimon in a recent interview. “I promise I will give you everything. I’m going to be much more talkative in the press this season than I was last season.”
When asked if she had gotten her fellow housewife Bethenny Frankel — who is four months pregnant — a baby gift, Kelly said “Everyone’s like, ‘Oh, they’re friends.’ ” Kelly explains, “No, we’re just on a TV show together. So it’s not appropriate for me to give her a gift.” (Kelly also says she doesn’t like giving baby gifts until the baby is born.)
So much for the alleged truce that had been called between the two, as they constantly feuded during the last season. Kelly is also working on repairing her tarnished reputation which she feels has been unfairly trashed on- and off-camera. She however insists that has nothing to do with her recent charity work, as she and Jill Zarin helped serve meals at the Food Bank’s soup kitchen in NYC.
Jim Bellino and Simon Barney both showed up on the trip after they repeatedly said their wives are not allowed to go on trips without them. Alexis Bellino and Tamra Barney both seemed to be okay with this, much to Vicki’s dismay. Vicki even refused to attend any events that the husbands, and Slade Smiley showed up to.
The ladies have now taken to their Bravo blogs to speak out on Floridagate. -
Here’s what Tamra Sue had to say:
“OK, so the guys went … get over it! The girls spent so much time together the only thing left was sleeping together and that wasn’t going to happen! The guys going all started with Simon, Jim Alexis, and I talking. As married couples with small kids it is very seldom that we take trips alone, together or apart. We thought it would be fun if the guys came and did guy things while the girls did their thing. So that is exactly what happened. The girls spent 80% of the time filming doing fabulous things; we even took a water taxi and went shopping downtown. The guys went golfing, worked out, and hung out by the pool. Everybody was happy … or so I thought. The last night we were there we went on the sunset cruise after our shopping trip. We thought it would be nice to have the guys there. I didn’t think for a second that Vicki would have a problem with it. I felt really bad when I saw how upset she was, but later found out that she had friends in town and went out to dinner with them.”
Alexis share her thoughts as well:
I’m not quite sure why Vicki was so upset about the boys coming on the trip to Florida. To be honest, she never even saw them until after hours …which was fine with me. The girls trip was never presented to me as a ‘GIRLS ONLY’ trip. I never received the memo: “NO MEN ALLOWED.” I would have laughed had she stated that to me. Nor did she pay for our trip, which would have given her more of a right to assign rules. I would not go somewhere that had certain ‘rules’ in advance, like your husband is not allowed. Not to mention the fact that Jim and Simon invited Donn to join them. So it was never a question of Vicki not mentioning to Donn to come along. What really strikes me as shocking is the fact that Vicki did not want to join us on the fabulous yacht cruise because she was going to feel like a third wheel, but yet she wound up going out that night with another couple, thus being a third wheel. It just doesn’t quite register with me … it doesn’t make sense. It may be a little hypocritical.
Vicki gives he side of the story:
When we initially planned for the trip to be a “girls” trip, it was planned during the week and I thought really nothing of it that the guys weren’t invited. I had no idea it was going to turn into such a problem with the men. I had just finished a week in West Palm Beach for an insurance conference and thought it would be great to extend it for a few days and have the girls come down to join me in Ft. Lauderdale. Due to the fact it was during the week, Donn was fine with me continuing my stay for a few more days and wasn’t planning on taking time off of work to meet me. When I found out Simon and Jim were coming I thought, ‘Well, then it’s not a girls trip if the guys are joining us’ and I wondered how it would turn out. Even though Donn wasn’t planning on going, he told me to go anyways and to have a great time. In hindsight, once I knew the dynamics were changing with Simon and Jim coming, I probably should have listened to my gut and just gone home and not stayed for the few extra days. Simon and I had already had a few conflicts this summer, and I felt very uncomfortable being around him and really didn’t want to see him.
Never thought I would see the day I side with Vicki but I actually agree with her on this. There is something very controlling and slightly creepy about the men saying their wives are not allowed to go on trips without them. It seemed to come of a place of distrust rather than a place of wanting to spend more time with their spouses. I guess this is kinda understandable considering Alexis allegedly cheated on her first husband with a wealthier older man, perhaps Jim does not want history to repeat itself.
I don’t see the problem with the women having a girls trip, and having the husbands there would of course change the dynamics of the trip. Perhaps Vicki could have handled the whole thing better and just sucked it up, but apparently she and Simon had gotten into an argument off camera, and she did not feel comfortable being around Simon.
TELL US – WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS EPISODE? ARE YOU TEAM VICKI OR TEAM TAMRA/ALEXIS?
Natalie, a former pharmaceutical sales rep from Van Buren, Arkansas took home the title of sole survivor by gaining 5 out of the 7 votes from the jury panel. The final three came down to Mick, Russell and Natalie. Mick Trimming was eliminated leaving Russell and Natalie to battle it out for the $1 million prize.
Though accused by jury members of riding the coattails of Russell, Natalie says she recognized early in the game that aggressive women were being eliminated, which is why she chose to maintain a low profile. And despite Russell’s reputation of being a gameplayer, the jury consisting of Dave, Laura, Kelly, Brett, Jaison, Shambo and Erik picked Natalie to be the winner.
“The nice girl outwitted and outplayed ” me, said Russell. Natalie becomes the 19th winner in Survivor history. As for whether or not Russell is really a millionaire, “Yes,” he insists. “That’s silly that people even concentrate on that. So what if I wasn’t?” When pointed out that it matters to people who are curious whether his deception extends beyond his “character” in the game. “I’m completely honest when it comes to outside the game,” said Russell. “I have no reason to lie outside the game.”
Russell also surprisingly won the $100,000 fan favorite award.
It has been revealed that the 20th edition of “Survivor” will be an All-Star season dubbed “Survivor: Heroes Versus Villains“. It will feature 20 cast members from previous seasons. It is scheduled to premiere on February 11.
TELL US – SHOULD RUSSELL HAVE WON SURVIVOR:SAMOA OVER NATALIE?
According to UsWeekly, Bethenny is sharing the untouched version of her picture in an attempt to prove she was not heavily airbrushed, as claimed by others including fellow housewife, Teresa Giudice, who recently slammed her. “Everything I’m about is being honest and being upfront,” Bethenny, 39, tells UsMagazine. “So if people are talking and saying [the photo] was airbrushed…then, you know what? Here’s the picture. Have it your way.”
Bethenny who is now four months pregnant with her first child adds that she would “never, ever allow them to put up a billboard that was really far from the truth.”
When asked about her pregnancy, Bethenny says — “It’s been great. I haven’t been particularly nauseous, and I get a decent night’s sleep, which is refreshing. My boobs are big, but other than that, nothing’s crazy.” She also reveals she and fiance, Jason Hoppy, are putting off their wedding until after she gets through her pregnancy and upcoming book tour.
Perhaps it’s just me, but umm doesn’t the untouched version of the pic prove that it was indeed heavily airbrushed?
The cast includes Mackenzie Philips of “One Day At A Time Show”, Heidi Fleiss, basketball star Dennis Rodman, country music singer Mindy McCready, America’s Next Top ModelLisa D’Amato, Mike Starr of Alice in Chains fame, Ex-Miss USA Teen Kari Ann Peniche and Real World Hollywood star Joey Kovar, and actor Tom Sizemore.
This should make for an interesting season as Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fleiss used to date, and both had a very rocky relationship. In fact, Tom was sent to jail for physically assaulting Heidi. Another familiar face is that of Kari Ann Peniche, who also appeared on Sex Rehab. Mackenzie Phillips also recently made headlines when she admitted having an incestuous relationship with her father, Rock & Roll legend, John Phillips.
Gag order be damned, Jon Gosselin is refusing to shut up. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad spoke to Hollywoodlife about his recent divorce settlement. Apparently he is worried he won’t get to see his children with the new custody rules in place.
In case you’re wondering, yes this does violate the court injunction issued against him by a judge, preventing him from talking to the media. “I don’t want to lose my children,” Jon told HollywoodLife.com. “Kate is taking the kids somewhere [this weekend]. I never know where she’s taking them, but I think I have an idea.”
The genius known as Jon goes on to acknowledge the fact that he is not allowed to speak out publicly during his phone interview. “TLC has a gag order against me,” says Jon.
Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, Mark Momjian, confirms Kate will get the house in Wernersville, Pa., as well as primary custody of their eight children. Jon gets visitation.
Things keep getting worse for Jon, as he was also ordered to start paying child support as part of the divorce settlement. “Yes, part of the arbitration award consisted of a decision on property division and child support,” Momjian told RadarOnline. “And the amount of the child support goes from him to her and not the other way around.”
TMZ confirms this as well saying Jon will be making “huge” child support payments. The amount has yet to be disclosed but TMZ confirms he will paying 5 figures a month. According to TMZ, Jon is in immediate financial trouble and has no way of making the child support payments, as TLC has shut down his ability to take outside jobs.
Jon was also ordered to return every penny of the $235,000 he withdrew from his joint account with Kate. The money was taken directly out of his portion of the divorce settlement. Kate on the other hand did not have to pay back any of the money she withdrew despite Jon’s claims. An arbitrator determined every penny she withdrew was for the benefit of the kids.