Project Runway All Stars is returning to Lifetime with some fan favorites…and not so favorites! There will be cat suits and cat fights, mark my words. Thirteen past designers will be back to compete for the reward that eluded them their first go-round. Each of the nine past seasons are represented except for season 4, but the majority of players are from the more recent seasons.
Iconic fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi returns to judge alongside the gorgeous Georgina Chapman who is the co-founder of Marchesa. Supermodel Carolyn Murphy (who is as intelligent as she is beautiful–her bio? Whoa!) will take over this season's hosting duties. Joanna Coles, former editor-in-chief of Marie Claire/just named editor-in-chief of Cosmo, resumes her role as all-star mentor. I like Joanna, but I sure do miss Tim Gunn when he's gone!
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON TO MEET THE DESIGNERS!
Lifetime has revealed the newest cast of their hit show — Project Runway. The show will be returning to New York, the home of the show’s first five seasons, for it’s seventh season with 16 new competitors.
This season boasts a diversified group of competitors as their countries of origin ranges from the Ivory Coast, Dominican Republic, the Philippines, China to Mexico. They will all be competing for the grand prize of $100,000, a spread in Marie Claire magazine and the chance to launch their own line.
Returning back is the show mentor Tim Gunn alongside host (and judge) Heidi Klum and judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors.
The names and bios of the 16 designers competing on Project Runway’s seventh season is below:
– Amy Sarabi, a 26-year-old from Plano, TX who currently resides in Oakland, CA
– Anna Lynett, a 23-year-old from Whitefish Bay, WI who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Anthony L. Williams, a 28-year-old from Birmingham, AL who currently resides in Atlanta, GA
– Ben Chmura, a 30-year-old from South Meriden, CT who currently resides in Tampa, FL
– Christiane King, a 30-year-old from Abidjan, Cote d’ Ivorie who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Emilio Sosa, a 43-year-old from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic who currently resides in New York, NY
– Jay Nicolas Sario, a 31-year-old from The Philippines who currently resides in San Francisco, CA
– Janeane Marie Ceccanti, a 28-year-old from Willows, CA who currently resides in Portland, OR
– Jesse LeNoir, a 25-year-old from Painesville, OH who currently resides in Orlando, FL
– Jesus Estrada, a 21-year-old from Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico who currently resides in San Diego, CA
– Jonathan Joseph Peters, 29-year-old from Woonsocket, RI who currently resides in Providence, RI
– Maya Luz, a 22-year-old from Santa Fe, NM who currently resides in New York, NY
– Mila Hermanovski, a 40-year-old from Dallas, TX who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
– Pamela Ptak, a 47-year-old from Pittsfield, MA who currently resides in Riegelsville, PA
– Ping Wu, a 33-year-old from Chendu, Sichuan Province, China who currently resides in Chicago, IL
– SethAaron Henderson, a 38-year-old from San Diego, CA who currently resides in Vancouver, WA