Having had an entire week to recover from her rib injury, Melissa Rycroft is now ready to dance again! The former Bachelor star had to miss last Monday’s show but is now saying she is in fine shape for tonight’s Dancing With the Stars.
“This week, the difference with practice is that we can do things, and if it hurts a little bit, it’s okay,” she tells Entertainment Tonight. “I mean, it’s fine – grit your teeth and move on.”
Melissa and partner Tony Dovolani had to practice two new routines this week, the Viennese waltz and the samba. She has been using a numbing patch to help ease the pain. “It makes it tolerable, manageable,” she says.
Another day, another injury for Dancing With The Stars as Melissa Rycroft is the latest star to suffer an injury. The 26-year-old former Bachelor star sat out of last night’s show. Her partner, Tony Dovolani, performed with professional dancer Lacey Schwimmer instead.
The doctors believe Melissa is suffering from a hairline fracture of the ribs. Melissa says, “I hurt my ribs last week doing a difficult move. It was feeling better and then I hurt myself again. I felt a blinding pain shoot down my side, so we decided it would be best to go actually have a doctor check it out.”
Melissa has been touted has one of the front runners to win it all. She was able to rehearse yesterday morning but did not feel well enough to perform for the show. She is expected to make a full recovery soon.
Melissa thanked her fans saying –
“I was doing alright but went to the doc before dress rehearsal for some last minute treatment and ended up having a bad reaction that’s affecting my breathing,” she wrote. “Hopefully (fingers crossed) I’ll be good tomorrow. But thank you for all the love, support and votes! We need it!”