Thanks to Valentine’s Day, there were a lot of reality TV stars posting on social media this week. From the couples photos, to the proud single ladies, to the mother/daughter valentines, there were a lot of sweet photos to choose from for this week’s edition of Instagram Roundup.
Miss J Alexander
Our favorite reality TV stars cannot get enough of the spotlight during their regularly scheduled time slots, so they take to social media to share even more of their lives with us. And we would not have it any other way. Here’s a roundup of some of our favorite snapshots and selfies from this week. Enjoy.
CLICK CONTINUE READING FOR THE PHOTO GALLERY!
Tyra Banks shocked fans of her reality cult classic America’s Next Top Model when she fired Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel, three cast members who had been on the show for approximately one million years.
US Magazine reported this week that two replacements for the men have been announced, Katy Perry’s stylist Johnny Wujek and model Rob Evans will join publicist Kelly Cutrone at judge’s table.I’m a bit worried that Katy’s stylist is being added. I guess we’ll have to expect some really weird challenges next cycle. Who can shoot ice cream out of the cone bra the best a la Katy’s California Girls video is one idea.
Tyra also announced that the show would add a voting element, like almost every other reality show. “Cycle 19’s judging panel will include your votes, comments and video messages. You will have a say in which models stay… and who goes home.”
CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON FOR MORE!
Ready or not, they’re she’s baaaack! Tyra Banks that is as the 16th cycle of America’s Next Top Model premieres tonight, because you know, all the previous winners of the 15 past seasons have all went on to become “top models.”
The show returns tonight with 14 new hopefuls competing for a contract with IMG Models, a fashion spread in Vogue Italia and an additional spread and cover of Beauty in Vogue; plus a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics.
Tyra leads the panel of judges, which includes fashion editor André Leon Talley and photographer Nigel Barker. Jay Manuel will serve as the photo shoot creative director while Miss J Alexander returns as the runway trainer. The full cast list is below –
- Alexandria, 21; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Newport Beach, California
- Angelia, 20; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Landstuhl, Germany
- Brittani, 19; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Beech Creek, Pennsylvania
- Dalya, 21; Height: 5′ 9″ Hometown: Clear Lake, Texas
- Dominique, 23; Height: 5′ 9″ Hometown: Houston, Texas
- Hannah, 20; Height: 5’10” Hometown: Houston, Texas
- Jaclyn, 20; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Belton, Texas
- Kasia, 26; Height: 5′ 9″ Hometown: Wheaton, Illinois
- Mikaela, 21; Height: 5′ 9″ Hometown: Boca Raton, Florida
- Molly, 22; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Charleston, South Carolina
- Monique, 19; Height: 5′ 11″ Hometown: Hebron, Illinois
- Nicole, 20; Height: 5′ 11″ Hometown: Orlando, Florida
- Ondrei, 18; Height: 5′ 7″ Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
- Sara, 18; Height: 5′ 10″ Hometown: Rio Grand Valley, Texas
And on to tonight’s premiere as Tyra continues to prove she has no shame in her game by punking the 14 contestants. Yes, Tyra begins the show by telling the 14 finalists they didn’t make the cut and will be going home. The girls weep of course and try to find their luggages, only for Tyra to reveal it was all a joke! Very funny indeed.
Below is also a promo video in which Tyra mocks some of the most common types who appear at “ANTM” castings aka the girl that doesn’t really want to be there, the girl that is not there to make friends etc. It’s actually pretty funny.
America’s Next Top Model airs tonight on the CW network at 8/7c.
TELL US – ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON OF ANTM? THOUGHTS ON TONIGHT’S PREMIERE?