So let’s examine both claims shall we. The blog Bobby is referring to is a blog called the “I Hate Jill Zarin” blog. The blog was created last year to cover Jill during the climax of her unpopularity with fans of the RHONY in light of her feud with Bethenny Frankel. However today, the blog covers a variety of different topics and reality shows.
So what is Simon’s involvement? Well at one point last year, Alex and Simon were doing their book tour during which they made a stop in Chicago, the same city the owner of the IHJZ blog resides in. A meet and greet was organized for Alex and Simon to meet local bloggers and fans which included the writer of the blog in June 2010. The writer blogged about the event and posted pictures on the IHJZ blog. In her Bravo blog this week, Alex states that was the extent of their involvement with the blog. Below is an excerpt -
“I don’t know how that translates into Simon or me being investors, content writers, posters, or even members of the blog. We don’t own it, we don’t have money in it. We don’t write for it. There is a link on the blog to a recap of the Chicago fan event held for us with pictures, and as the blog covers the whole Housewives franchise, we along with all other cast membersare regularly discussed on it. That doesn’t mean we are doing the discussing.”
The owner of the IHJZ blog also states Simon is not involved with the blog.
And speaking of Bravo blogs, Jill accused Simon of “mean tweeting” about her and Kelly in her latest blog. It appears this is what she means by “cyber-bullying” on the upcoming episode. So does Simon sometimes “mean tweet” about the NYC housewives? Absolutely. However, Jill appears to take the cake when it comes to “mean tweeting.” In fact, a fan question called her out on it during her recent appearance on Bravo’s WWHL.
Below are just some of tweets made by Jill about her cast mates (mostly Ramona) in recent weeks -
- “Mixed message? Your a hypocrite!” tweeted Jill about Ramona on June 23rd.
- “Just watched next weeks episode. It’s like soft porn. Gross!!! Then Luann takes down a housewife. Want to guess who? Such great episode!” tweeted Jill on June 11th.
- “We r dying laughing watching Ramona fake cry.” tweeted Jill June 9th.
- “She is just using me to try to get more twitter followers. Desperate move don’t u think? She did that with b too. Sad.” tweeted Jill on June 5th.
- “I agree its gross.RT @jlrtweets101665 “@Jillzarin I think RHONY has become a 1 hour advertisement for Ramona’s beverage and it is becoming very very annoying.”" tweeted Jill on June 5th.
- “Actually a producer!RT @KNeddie “@Jillzarin didn’t ramona hit a cameraman during filming?” tweeted Jill June 2nd.
- “I think so too!RT @AbbieLLear “@Jillzarin what a selfish heartless bitch..Ramona is a prime example of bullying! I would be mortified if I were Avery! Jennifer is GORGEOUS.” tweeted Jill May 20th.
- “What did I do that hurt Ramona to her face. She publicly attacked me. Big difference, you admit u put your foot in mouth and that’s ok?” tweeted Jill May 19th.
The tweets with RT in front of them were tweeted to Jill by fans, and her response is in front of the RT. May 19th is where we decided to stop with the tweets though we could have went on and on and on. And just 2 weeks ago, Jill Zarin posted a poll question on her official facebook page asking “Is Ramona a hypocrite?” So we ask, will the real cyber bully please stand up?
TELL US – THOUGHTS? DO YOU THINK JILL WAS CYBER-BULLIED BY SIMON? IS RAMONA BEING CYBER-BULLIED BY JILL?
HAS JILL BEEN HANGING AROUND KELLY TOO LONG?