Comscore

Bruce Jenner 20/20 Gender Transition Interview With Diane Sawyer

Bruce Jenner’s candid and powerful interview with Diane Sawyer last Friday night provided a lot of insight into just how long he’s been struggling with gender identity, and how much this struggle has affected his kids through the years. Bruce’s eldest kids, Burt, Casey, Brandon, and Brody, his children from his first two marriages to Chrystie Crownover and Linda Thompson, were heavily featured on the interview showing their unwavering support for their dad’s now public journey in transitioning to a woman. In a previously unaired clip, the former Olympic Medalist and Keeping Up with the Kardashians star goes into more detail about his absence as a father in his young kids’ lives during the 1980s: “The big, formative years for them, I was really struggling with these issues,” Bruce, 65, told Sawyer. “I talked to all of the boys about this after the fact, that, yeah, I didn’t do a good job. And I apologized to my kids for that.”

Despite his previous absence from their lives, Bruce’s eldest kids are speaking out now about their renewed hopes for the future.  Daughter Casey, 34, says, “We have a very complex relationship. He’s disappeared out of our lives, especially out of my life. So I’m looking forward to this next chapter.” And son Brandon, 33, told Sawyer, “Us missing, you know, a time of our lives is still probably the hardest thing for us to deal with. We’re trying not to look back. We’re just looking forward.” He added, “In seeing him come out to me, and explain his true self, I was more proud right then to carry the last name Jenner and to be a part of the family than at any time before.” Burt, 36, echoed his siblings’ loving and positive outlook: “The one thing I think that we have gained that means more to us than anything is the honesty.”

CLICK THE CONTINUE READING BUTTON FOR MORE!

On a sadder front, Bruce is still being hounded by the Paparazzi, who will apparently stop at nothing to harass and expose him. Even if it’s via illegally obtained photos. According to Us.com, “In the offending (and super blurry) snapshots, the 65-year-old former Olympian wears a black-and-white-striped maxi dress and holds a cigarette. The poor-quality photos then made the front page of the New York Daily News, and were subsequently broadcasted during a CNN segment called ‘Caught on Camera: Bruce Jenner’s New Look?'” The images are thought to have been shot from at least a mile away. 

BRUCE’S EX-WIFE LINDA THOMPSON SPEAKS OUT! 

Both the Daily News and CNN pulled the images from their sites later the same day they were posted. Bruce’s spokesperson told Page Six today that “Both Daily News and CNN pulled the photos sold to them by X17 once they found out they were illegally obtained. The agency no longer is selling those photos [since] they confirmed they were shot illegally. Under California law, photographers can be found liable for invasion of privacy for using telephoto lenses to capture images of people engaged in ‘personal or familial activity.'” Bruce’s lawyer Marty Singer adds“The photos were clearly unlawfully taken from a very long distance using an enhancement device. Bruce Jenner is going to enforce his right to privacy.” Go, Bruce! #doyou!

TELL US: DO YOU THINK THE PAPARAZZI SHOULD JUST LEAVE BRUCE ALONE? 

 Photo Credit: ABC.com

 

 

Click here to read our Comment Policy