Ariana Grande Demands Judge to Hunt Down Music Hackers
Photo by HENRY NICHOLLS/AFP via Getty Images

Ariana Grande Demands Judge to Hunt Down Music Hackers

Ariana Grande is seeking to uncover the identities of people she alleges have hacked and leaked her unreleased music. The 33-year-old singer has asked a court for permission to subpoena internet platforms and other third parties. Grande believes their records could reveal the identities of those responsible.

Ariana Grande asked a judge for subpoenas to identify anonymous hackers

Grande has spent years trying to identify those behind the alleged cyber scheme, which reportedly dates back to 2019. The individuals have reportedly concealed themselves behind anonymous accounts. They also allegedly used peer-to-peer payment platforms to avoid being identified, reports TMZ.

According to the singer, her team has found third parties that may hold account, subscriber, and login details. Grande also says her team must act quickly. She claims the alleged hacking and leaks are ongoing, and fears important evidence could be lost if the relevant accounts or records are deleted.

Grande filed a lawsuit against two unidentified hackers on July 27 in Santa Monica Superior Court. She alleged that hackers targeted photographers and producers to obtain unreleased material. She said the content was sold on the dark web for large sums of money. The lawsuit claims that 45 of Grande’s unreleased songs were hacked, stolen, and leaked in 2023 alone. They also allege that hundreds of similar leaks have occurred since her music debut in 2011.

The lawsuit comes after a representative for the singer told People on August 2 that she “will be taking a step back from visibility.” During her August 3 show in Chicago, Grande said her decision came from “a thoughtful and empowered place.” She has also stepped away from the West End revival of Stephen Sondheim’s Sunday in the Park with George. She had been cast opposite her Wicked co-star Jonathan Bailey. The production was due to open at London’s Barbican Centre next summer.

TELL US – SHOULD ARTISTS HAVE MORE LEGAL PROTECTION AGAINST UNAUTHORIZED MUSIC LEAKS?

Originally reported by Meenakshi Sengupta for Mandatory

TRENDING
X